Microwavable popcorn inside DL or DCA - is it do-able?

Besides the microwave inside the baby care center in Disneyland, are there any other microwaves in the parks? I read another thread that said that there were some in the food courts at WDW, but I was wondering about DL/DCA.

I’m assuming its not OK to cook stuff in the baby care center’s microwave. I’d be quite surprised if they allowed that. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

Umm, maybe in the cast member break rooms? I’m sorry, I am curious and have to ask; why in the world would you need microwavable popcorn in the DL or DCA park? :huh:

Easy to carry, and cheap…

Go in July and it will pop itself.

Sorry, didn’t realize this thread wasn’t for WDW!

haha, don’t worry, in July it’s hot enough in southern California to pop popcorn too. :laugh:

There are no microwaves in the parks to use to cook your own food…unless youre a CM, haha. You MIGHT be able to find something in White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian. Other than that, your best bet is to pre-pop the popcorn in your hotel room and pack it in ziplock baggies and take it with you. Good luck!!

That’s what I was thinking. Pop it wherever you are staying & take it in ziplock bags.

Thanks everyone! I love this forum! :slight_smile: We’ll be sure to pre-pop…

David

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;950137]Thanks everyone! I love this forum! :slight_smile: We’ll be sure to pre-pop…

David[/QUOTE]

Always a Pleasure! Happy Pop-corn Popping!!

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;949627]Besides the microwave inside the baby care center in Disneyland, are there any other microwaves in the parks? I read another thread that said that there were some in the food courts at WDW, but I was wondering about DL/DCA.

I’m assuming its not OK to cook stuff in the baby care center’s microwave. I’d be quite surprised if they allowed that. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David[/QUOTE]

:laugh: help me out here …If there are microwaves in the baby care center, then why would you assume that it’s not allowed to cook in them?

I must not be reading this right.

:whistling

I’m not judging you, really. I just don’t think this is something I would ever consider.

I do think, however, that the baby care center would let you use their microwave.

[QUOTE=Dopey;950273]:laugh: help me out here …If there are microwaves in the baby care center, then why would you assume that it’s not allowed to cook in them?

I must not be reading this right.

:whistling[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s just to be used to heat things for babies?

Glad that you were able to come up with and idea that will work for you!:flowers:

[QUOTE=Peppertink;950292]Maybe it’s just to be used to heat things for babies?

Glad that you were able to come up with and idea that will work for you!:flowers:[/QUOTE]

The microwaves in the Baby Care centers are usually for heating up bottles, baby food, etc.

However, I am sure they would let you pop a bag of popcorn in there.

If you’re all about saving a buck, go for it!

HOWEVER, Disney popcorn is SOOOOOO YUMMY! And VERY reasonably priced!

Forgive me everybody, I just can’t get a grip on this thread. There is such a thing as pushing frugality completely over the edge

Sheesh – sorry I brought it up. :slight_smile: This was an idea that my wife had, so I thought I would ask about microwaves inside the park. My wife is very frugal, and who am I to challenge her on every little thing?

One thing I didn’t realize, but do now, is that DL popcorn is (a) very yummy, and (b) relatively affordable.

Comments like “I can’t get a grip on this thread” tend to affect the accessibility and openness of Mouse Buzz (at least it does for me). I would hope that I could ask a question, without fear of being ostracized made to feel belittled.

Leaving tomorrow – we can’t wait! Again – thanks for all the positive and constructive replies!

David

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;950356]Sheesh – sorry I brought it up. :slight_smile: This was an idea that my wife had, so I thought I would ask about microwaves inside the park. My wife is very frugal, and who am I to challenge her on every little thing?

One thing I didn’t realize, but do now, is that DL popcorn is (a) very yummy, and (b) relatively affordable.

Comments like “I can’t get a grip on this thread” tend to affect the accessibility and openness of Mouse Buzz (at least it does for me). I would hope that I could ask a question, without fear of being ostracized made to feel belittled.

Leaving tomorrow – we can’t wait! Again – thanks for all the positive and constructive replies!

David[/QUOTE]

Have a great trip, David! If you want to bring popcorn to the park, go for it! Whatever you decide, you will have a great time!

David, have a great time at Disneyland. It’s my favorite Disney park in the US. :heart: Are you planning on visiting California Adventure also?

Don’t feel ostricized, MB is an EXTREMELY friendly place; I’ve been here for almost 4 years and wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t. This just seemed like an odd question 'cause if someone was that concerned with being frugal it seems to make more sense to pack ‘ready to go’ snacks from home. There is such a thing as frugality of time also, and whisking around a busy theme park trying to find an accessible microwave seems like a huge waste of precious time.

Hope to see a trip report! Have fun.

Frugality of time is a very good point. This is only our second trip, so we’re still figuring out the tricks that work and the tricks that don’t. For instance, last time we went, we wanted Ice Cream. We remembered seeing an ice cream bar earlier in the day (w/ no line!), so we went back to main street. About 30 minutes later, we finally had our ice cream! :open_mouth:

So one thing that’s becoming clear to me about the DL parks is maximizing efficiency in everything you do (frugality of time, like you said). Getting Fastpasses efficiently and effectively is another example of this. Heck, one could do an hour long documentary just on the topic of Disneyland efficiency!

But no worries – I was just taken aback a little. This forum is wonderful, and its amazing how nice everyone is. Its almost as if there’s pixie dust in the air! :slight_smile:

And to answer your question, yes, we’re also going to DCA. My 9 year old son is very much excited about California Screaming, and we also love Soarin and Grizzly. My son also likes chillin on the bugs life caterpillar ride. :slight_smile: I have pictures of him sitting next to my wife, who was fairly green from California Screamin – she had forgotten to take her Dramamin.

Speaking of California Screaming – here’s a cool story. A year and a half ago, when we were there for Halloween, my then 7 year old son was leary about California Screamin. When I described it as being “just like Splash Mountain without the water”, he overcame his fear and the CS quickly became his favorite ride! That was a HUGE relief for me, because when I was his age, and my family went to WDW, I didn’t go on ANY thrill rides, and I always regretted that. A few days later we met some friends, who also had a 7 year old boy. He was scared too. My son said the same thing to him as I said to my son, and that day, another 7 year old boy conquered his fears. His Dad was amazed (and thrilled).

Cheers, and thanks again! (after all this, my wife is convinced that Disney popcorn is the way to go – hehehehe)

David

[QUOTE=henkemeyer;950466]Frugality of time is a very good point. This is only our second trip, so we’re still figuring out the tricks that work and the tricks that don’t. For instance, last time we went, we wanted Ice Cream. We remembered seeing an ice cream bar earlier in the day (w/ no line!), so we went back to main street. About 30 minutes later, we finally had our ice cream! :open_mouth:

So one thing that’s becoming clear to me about the DL parks is maximizing efficiency in everything you do (frugality of time, like you said). Getting Fastpasses efficiently and effectively is another example of this. Heck, one could do an hour long documentary just on the topic of Disneyland efficiency!

But no worries – I was just taken aback a little. This forum is wonderful, and its amazing how nice everyone is. Its almost as if there’s pixie dust in the air! :slight_smile:

And to answer your question, yes, we’re also going to DCA. My 9 year old son is very much excited about California Screaming, and we also love Soarin and Grizzly. My son also likes chillin on the bugs life caterpillar ride. :slight_smile: I have pictures of him sitting next to my wife, who was fairly green from California Screamin – she had forgotten to take her Dramamin.

Speaking of California Screaming – here’s a cool story. A year and a half ago, when we were there for Halloween, my then 7 year old son was leary about California Screamin. When I described it as being “just like Splash Mountain without the water”, he overcame his fear and the CS quickly became his favorite ride! That was a HUGE relief for me, because when I was his age, and my family went to WDW, I didn’t go on ANY thrill rides, and I always regretted that. A few days later we met some friends, who also had a 7 year old boy. He was scared too. My son said the same thing to him as I said to my son, and that day, another 7 year old boy conquered his fears. His Dad was amazed (and thrilled).

Cheers, and thanks again! (after all this, my wife is convinced that Disney popcorn is the way to go – hehehehe)

David[/QUOTE]

What a cool story, thanks for sharing!!! And as for the popcorn…I have to say, there is no popcorn like Disney Pocorn! It’s DELICIOUS!!! :wink: