Mil tics for a deal this week

I know this is a long shot but thought I give a shout out to help this family as well as maybe another. It is a good deal for someone already going (Rich) or someone that could plan a last minute trip from that area.

Fort Bragg Family and MWR
about an hour ago.

We have an Active Duty family who are unable to use their Disney tickets that were purchased due to a last minute deployment. We are going to try to assist them in reselling them to a valid ID card holder (must be Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve; or the spouse of each)

The tickets are the 4 day Park Hopper ticket with the Water Park and More option for $140 each ( 4 days at the
Disney theme parks, 4 entries to the water parks and entry into Fun Zone), which is discounted from the normal $165 price. The caveat is that these tickets must be activated by 27 September 2012 and they expire on 30 September 2012. Disney will not refund these tickets, but they can be resold to a Service Member and/or their Spouse. If anyone is interested, stop by Leisure Travel Services, located inside the Mini Mall, off of Reilly St., and we will facilitate the transfer.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fort-Bragg-Family-and-MWR/101037824325

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1122620]I know this is a long shot but thought I give a shout out to help this family as well as maybe another. It is a good deal for someone already going (Rich) or someone that could plan a last minute trip from that area.

Fort Bragg Family and MWR
about an hour ago.

We have an Active Duty family who are unable to use their Disney tickets that were purchased due to a last minute deployment. We are going to try to assist them in reselling them to a valid ID card holder (must be Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve; or the spouse of each)

The tickets are the 4 day Park Hopper ticket with the Water Park and More option for $140 each ( 4 days at the
Disney theme parks, 4 entries to the water parks and entry into Fun Zone), which is discounted from the normal $165 price. The caveat is that these tickets must be activated by 27 September 2012 and they expire on 30 September 2012. Disney will not refund these tickets, but they can be resold to a Service Member and/or their Spouse. If anyone is interested, stop by Leisure Travel Services, located inside the Mini Mall, off of Reilly St., and we will facilitate the transfer.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fort-Bragg-Family-and-MWR/101037824325[/QUOTE]

I hope they are able to resell them…It’s a shame that Disney won’t refund them with proof of deployment… :frowning:

Same here, if I didn’t already have my trip paid for I would take them.

Yes I know. I guess the way Disney may look at it is the spouse/family could still go since they had already planned it even though the active person isn’t able. Either that or they haven’t asked yet and were willing to take a loss before jumping through hoops of writing letters and making calls in hopes of getting a refund. Some may not feel comfortable but a lot of seperated families do go alone.

–oh—hadn’t thought of it that way—I didn’t read the FB page just your post—I don’t know where in my mind I got the idea that they had to move the whole family due to deployment.

When they all go they PCS, but when there’s a deployment usually the active person is going TDY. Hopefully Disney will refund them if they don’t find someone to buy them but I have a feeling if they wait until they expire it won’t happen, orders or not.

Thanks for thinking of us Cyndi. We arrive on 4 October so they will be expired by then.

Looks like they were purchased with the expectation that they could squeeze another trip in. Htank you for thinking of us.

RT

Maybe they will exchange them for the new ones…

That makes a lot of sense, and shows a lot of heart. I bet there is a change of policy or some “magic” that appears to fix this.