Military discounts

The details of this promo are being announced at our local base & Military Disney Tips.

[I]Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Military Discount Has Been Extended through 30 September 2013

The information below was released by an ITT Office and started spreading around the internet on 2 August. They were not supposed to release the info as Disney has not made their official press release. Which my contact at WDW Media Relations tells me will be mid-week (week of 6 Aug).

*HOT - Disney just began taking resort reservations with the new discount
[B]**OOPS - Disney cut off the room reservations until the press announcement next week…they are on lock down for all discount reservations past 30 Sept[/B]

Armed Forces Salute Details
The details on the 2012 – 2013 Disney Military Salute are:
The offer runs through 30 September 2013.
The maximum number of theme park tickets per sponsor is six. However, Disney states exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people. For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase 4-Day Disney Military Promotion Tickets, for Mom, Dad, and the five kids.

4-Day Disney Military Promotion Tickets may be upgraded to add the Park Hopper® Option and Water Park Fun and More option. These options may be added any time prior to September 30, 2013. The no-expiration option is not available. Additional days may not be added to this ticket.

Disney Theme Ticket Discounts for Military Members
Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida
•Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets or Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $156.00,
•Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $184.00•These tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green, your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Tax will be added at Disney ticket booths).
Blockout dates:
•23 - 31 December 2012 (No theme Park Use)
•24 March - 4 April 2013 (No theme Park Use)
•July 4, 2012 (No Magic Kingdom only)

Disneyland in Anaheim California
•Three-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $125.00
•These tickets can be purchased at Your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Tax will be added at Disney ticket booths).
Blockout dates:
•23 December 2012 - 2 January 2013 (No theme Park Use)
•15 – 17 February 2013 (No theme Park Use)
•25 March – 5 April 2013 (No theme Park Use)
•4 July 2013 (No theme Park Use)

Disney Resort Room Discounts for Military Members
Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida
•40% off Deluxe Resorts
•35% off Moderates and Fort Wilderness Cabins
•30% off Value Resorts including Art of Animation

Disney World Room Blockout dates:
•22 – 24 November 2012
•23-31 December 2012
•25 March - 4 April 2013

Disneyland in Anaheim California
•Up to ?% off Resorts

Disneyland Room Blockout dates:
•22 – 24 November 2012
•23-31 December 2012
•25 March - 4 April 2013

The Disney Cruise Line
The Disney Cruise Line continues to offer Military discounts. Military Discounted Cruise Rates are usually announced 30-60 days out. Officials with the Cruise Line recommended to me that if you know your dates go ahead and make your reservations at the best rate you can find as far out as possible. Then when a military rate is announced for that particular sailing they will apply that rate to your reservations. They usually set aside fifty staterooms of all categories for the military rates (except for suites and the lowest categories).[/I]…

Sry, I couldn’t wait anymore. Too excited:cheshire:

Thanks for the heads up and congrats!!

I’m sorry:blush:. I did put it in Rumors since Disney hasn’t made it “official” yet.:angel:

No, it’s fine where it is - let’s call it a pre-news…lol

Mickybug,

Is this active only or does it include veterans?

-Harry

Harry as it is now it’s the same as the past two years just $20 more.
Disney should be making the official announcement soon, but with all pre-leak information until that happens anything is on the table to be changed.

We’re planning a early summer trip regardless and trying to decide if we’re doing a split stay, better pools for the girls and less of a hike at the end of the day for me. A newbie retired family wants to go with us and i’d feel guilty about leaving them behind at SoG while we switched resorts but that 40% is just too sweet to pass on. SoG is changing both pools to be online with the rest of WDW (that part has been confirmed) and if the work is completed by our visit the girls may not want to switch. I’d love to try BW, something I could never do without those discounts.