"Mini" Live Trip Report

16 hours in the car yesterday…Let me repeat 16 HOURS. We made it to Clearwater for a day at the Beach, then over to DTD Hiltonfor one night until PIRATE ROOMS. We are staying at a Hampton Inn in Clearwater which is very nice except for the strip club next door…ohh well.
If you ever get a chance to drive 16 hours with a 5 and 3 year old…pass…its about as much fun as it sounds.

:laugh: I am glad you made it. Enjoy the parks

[QUOTE=Jackolive;968120]16 hours in the car yesterday…Let me repeat 16 HOURS. We made it to Clearwater for a day at the Beach, then over to DTD Hiltonfor one night until PIRATE ROOMS. We are staying at a Hampton Inn in Clearwater which is very nice except for the strip club next door…ohh well.
If you ever get a chance to drive 16 hours with a 5 and 3 year old…pass…its about as much fun as it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Glad you made it safe and sound.

We have a 9 hour drive and have been doing it every year since our 3 children were 6, 4 and 9 months. I can only imagine the amount of fun you had driving with a 5 and 3 year old for 16 hours. Wow!:blink::laugh:

Have a fun trip-can’t wait to read more!:happy:

[QUOTE=missymouse;968126]Glad you made it safe and sound.

We have a 9 hour drive and have been doing it every year since our 3 children were 6, 4 and 9 months. I can only imagine the amount of fun you had driving with a 5 and 3 year old for 16 hours. Wow!:blink::laugh:

Have a fun trip-can’t wait to read more!:happy:[/QUOTE]

Guess that means you only had half the fun Jackolive had. :laugh::laugh:

Looking forward to more Live updates.:happy:

You are going to LOVE the Pirate room. We stayed in one over Mother’s Day weekend! ENJOY!! :heart:

And I’ll take just half too!:laugh:

Been there with two small kids in the car and 15 hours later.

ah…but Disney magic erases it all from your mind…until…the trip BACK!!! Hopefully by then they will be so tired they will sleep the whole way! Enjoy…

I know how it is to drive. We have done it several times. happy to hear that you will be doing a live report. Looking foward to reading! have a great trip and drive safe home.

Wear them out, but stay hydrated… it is hot there this week- HOT!

[QUOTE=Jackolive;968120]16 hours in the car yesterday…Let me repeat 16 HOURS. We made it to Clearwater for a day at the Beach, then over to DTD Hiltonfor one night until PIRATE ROOMS. We are staying at a Hampton Inn in Clearwater which is very nice except for the strip club next door…ohh well.
If you ever get a chance to drive 16 hours with a 5 and 3 year old…pass…its about as much fun as it sounds.[/QUOTE]

I keep saying we should try to drive because it would be so much cheaper than 5 airline tickets, but…when we can barely make it on a 1 1/2 hour trip to our summer cottage in WI, DH looks at me and says, “And you think you want to drive to FL?”:laugh:I know he’s right, we’d never make it. I think it’s about 20 hrs. from here and our kids are 10, 7, and 4. :wacko:Guess we’ll stick with flying for now. Glad to hear you made it OK. Now relax and enjoy!!

We drove 2 years ago…Our thinking now is, been there done that and so NOT doing that again!! 21 hours was just a tad too long for us, so we’ll stick with the cloudy skies from now on…LOL

Enjoy the Pirate rooms, from the looks of them they are GREAT!!

I drove down once and that was when Disney was a two Park Resort back in the 70’s and it took us 24 hrs of straight driving just to reach Florida. Never again flying is the only way to go