Mini Speed Boats

Hi
Can anyone tell me where you can rent the the little speed boats that are showen on some of the WDW advertizements? How much? How long?

Thanks!

Most of the resorts that are on the water have the mini boats. I think they are about $22 per half hour.

I just wanted to say that the “water mice” are so much fun to ride around!

You can also rent them at Downtown Disney near Cap’n Jacks.

Yes, the Marina at DTD rents them for around $20 I think

Try to rent them, if you can, from the water sports place at Contemporary… you can go over and look at Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, plus the old Discovery Island (which looks haunted now!), as well as the old site of River Country… plus you can go out a little river into the Seven Seas Lagoon… talk about fun!!!

Here is a scan I made of the info from the Contemporary.

http://www.frappr.com/disneycentralmembers/photo/1189122

Does anyone know if they rent them from the Beach Club?

Yes they do.:smile:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecMarinaDetailPage

Captain your own destiny as you take on the waters of Walt Disney World® Resort. Zip along lakes, lagoons and bays in any of a whole regatta of choices - from Sea Raycers by Sea Ray® and Boston Whaler Montauk boats* to kayaks, pontoon boats and sailboats. You’re the skipper, so the kind of outing is up to you!

Personal Watercraft
Start your day with a morning guided excursion. Or ride on your own in the “free ride” area on a new 3-seat personal watercraft. It’s a breeze!

To make reservations, call (407) 939-0754.
Available at:

Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Centre, located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort marina.

Marina Rentals:

Choose from a fleet of motorized and non-motorized craft that are available for rent. Sea Raycer by Sea Ray® boats, sailboats, SunTRACKER pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats*, pedal boats, kayaks and canoes are some of the items available at various Walt Disney World® Resort hotels.

Available at:
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Downtown Disney® Marketplace

• *Boston Whaler Montauk boats currently not available at Downtown Disney® Area, where canopy boats may be rented instead.

The Polynesian or the Contemporary are (IMHO) the best places to rent the Water Mice…or Sea Raycers or whatever they’re called now :dry:…because you get the use of both Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake! Lots more water to ride around on than at other locations!

Also IMHO it’s worth it to pay about $32 for an hour versus about $22 for a half hour. They’re THAT much fun! :biggrin:

How about from Coronado Springs? Thats the first thing we plan on doing when we get there on friday…thanks!!

Yes they have them too. :smile:

These things are a blast! One of my sons and I rented one at the Poly last year on our last day there before we headed off to Port Canaveral and our cruise!

Next time we stay at the Poly, both my sons, my wife, and I are going to rent them more than once!! They are SO worth it! :wink:

we love to hire a boat at POR and ride right down to DTD its a terrifc journey down and everyone on the water is so friendly-my DH also takes the smaller speed boat and he takes the driving sooooo seriously I am sure in his mind he thinks he’s James Bond!!!

They are a blast and I love to rent them as often as I can. Just to keep this thread on the correct path the Water Mouse has been retired for the Sea Racyer. The searacyers are very similar, but more nimble.

They are, they really are! :biggrin: My best friend and I ended up renting them twice on our trip - both times for an hour - and it just wasn’t enough! :heart:

Now if you could only rent them to go through IASW. :tongue:

YEAH! :eek: The speedy tour! That sounds like fun. :tongue: :angel:

They’re a lot of fun but don’t expect a lot of speed. The only people I noticed zipping around were the kids that were riding alone, I’m sure its because of their weight. I want to drive the boats that the cast members use to patrol the lake!

Yes, DD makes a good point. The boats don’t seem all that fun or zippy if you’re riding tandem. Solo riding is truly the best experience if you’re looking for speed.