Mini Typhoon Lagoon TR

My youngest 3 kiddos are on spring break this week so we decided to play all day today at Typhoon Lagoon.

We arrived just a few minutes after park opening. We grabbed our sticker for our mug and headed to Singapore Sal’s for a small locker for our phones, wallets and cameras.

[B]First things first ~ a picture with Lagoona Gator[/B] (who is way cooler than BB’s Ice Gator!)

The park was pretty much empty so we snagged some primo spots right by the wave pool. While the kids rode some waves, I got us settled.

We headed over to Crush n’ Gusher and rode all 3 slides within 20 mins (Coconut Crusher wins hands down as our favorite) and then headed over to Gangplank Falls. After two trips around the Castaway Creek, the kids headed back to the wave pool and I took a seat at Let’s Go Slurpin.

[B]Pina Colava![/B]

What is it about being around water and in the sun that makes you ravenous? By 1pm we were starving! So, after my drink, we headed to Leaning Palms for lunch. We shared chicken nuggets and fries, our traditional water park lunch.

After lunch, the kids wanted to head to the shark reef. This is clearly their favorite park of TL.

DDs and DS getting ready to cross the shark reef

After 4 or 5 trips across the reef, we stopped by to see our friend, Sharkus.

Sharkus Gigantus[B]
[/B]
While the kids headed back to the wave pool, I enjoyed some time laying in the sun. Everything about TL is relaxing. I think I nodded off for a bit.

I joined the kids in the wave pool for a little while. We went out to the ropes and rode the waves in. I prefer it out there where there arent so many people. Nothing’s worse then taking a wave AND somebody’s body part to the face!

After the wave pool, we went around and did the rest of the slides. There wasn’t more than a 5 minute wait for anything.

We were all pretty beat by 4:15 so we hit the changing rooms before leaving the park. It was such a great day. The weather was beautiful, the crowds were super low and I loved spending time at the park pretending that, we too, were on vacation.

Sounds like a perfect day! Wish my family and I lived close enough to have an occasional lazy day at a WDW park too. :happy:

Sounds like you had a wonderful and warm day. It snowed here!

Thanks for letting us enjoy your day LOL! :slight_smile:

So jealous that you can just spend the day at a Disney waterpark!!:laugh:

That sounds like a fabulous day. I’ve been debating whether or not we should incur the added expense of doing a water park day during our trip in August. Your report sure makes it sound worthwhile!

Living in Canada we see our fair share of snow so needless to say when we hit Disney snow is the last thing we need to see. So BB is out for us as far as water parks go.
TYPHOON LAGOON is awesome.
We love gooing there only regret for us that we dont always add the water park and more option si we dont visit it everytime.
One of my best memories was lying in a tube just enjoying the hot sun while floating down along the lazy river with the family for what seemed like hours
the day before we set out on a long and exhausting 22 hour drive home.
It was the total relaxation of the day
followed by a great evening at Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner

With all the World has to offer and all that we have done there in our 6 visits that stands out for me

DiD I mention Typhoon lagoon is AWESOME

I’m so jealous that you can spend a day at a Disney water park! Thanks for sharing! I haven’t been to TL for so long, I think we’re going to try and make it on our next trip.

What a great day to spend the day. TL is my favorite water park!

I am planning oh hitting either TL or BB in the next days myself. It will be quite different since this will be my first solo trip to WDW.

[QUOTE=lmhaas;1070578]Living in Canada we see our fair share of snow so needless to say when we hit Disney snow is the last thing we need to see. So BB is out for us as far as water parks go.
TYPHOON LAGOON is awesome.
We love gooing there only regret for us that we dont always add the water park and more option si we dont visit it everytime.
One of my best memories was lying in a tube just enjoying the hot sun while floating down along the lazy river with the family for what seemed like hours
the day before we set out on a long and exhausting 22 hour drive home.
It was the total relaxation of the day
followed by a great evening at Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner

With all the World has to offer and all that we have done there in our 6 visits that stands out for me

DiD I mention Typhoon lagoon is AWESOME[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Only a fellow-Canadian can understand your first sentence…in fact every time anyone ever asks about the water parks, that’s exactly what I say - snow - even fake snow - is not something we think of as “fun”.

Oh how I wish we could be spending the day at Typhoon Lagoon, instead of watching snow (the REAL stuff) melt slower than molasses pouring in January. Sounds like you had such a fun day! Spare a thought for our kids who are on “Spring” break - still wearing mittens and parkas.:glare:

Oh I love too that you live so close to do that. I love your photos and it sounds like the kids had a great time too.

Thanks, everyone!! I am super fortunate to be able to visiting all of WDW any time I want ~ one HUGE perk of being a CM, lol! When I got home from work tonight, Stu and I decided we wanted hotdogs for dinner ~ so we just went over to MK and ate at Casey’s! :heart: It never gets old…

TL is by far my favorite. I love the tropical atmosphere and the themeing ~ I find it more relaxing than BB. My kids, however, prefer BB ~ they LOVE Summit Plummit and Double Dipper. And the “snow”. But they are Florida kids now, so fake snow if fun for them…