Miss Disney, et al

I have succeeded with my plan to talk DH out of the deluxe or any dining plan.
When on the deluxe plan, there are only so many ways to spend those points unless all we do is plan and work around ADR’s.
I am the foodie in the family and last year, I just had had enough of all that food and always feeling stuffed.
I envision tasting the entire palette of food in the parks and otherwise.

As so many of you know, we like sitting at the bar at the signature and other restaurants and order appetizers with our cocktails. Doing that would give us so much more freedom.

I am a happy woman today. Yay DH.

Good deal. We occasionally will do fine dining around Chicago. When I go to the world I just want to unwind

Sounds perfect Iris.

Sounds so much less stressful. Yay for Dopey!!!

Sounds like a plan.

Good for you!

It’s the opposite here, Harry. Most of the time I feel like we are in Timbuktu :wink:

Good for you. I thi k you are going to have a very enjoyable trip eating that you want when you want.

We tried the dining plan twice and it was ok but we felt like it was too much food and we ate meals we didn’t really want. We don’t even think about getting it now, we like the freedom of paying out of pocket.

Good choice. For us, Disney Dining has become the highlight of trips. In fact, I’m most likely to tell someone about a dining experience than I am about something that occurred in the park. O

Of course, we NEVER eat fancy dinners. So Disney Dining is a treat in that respect, as well.

One of the few advantages of living in a major metro area. There is some fine dining. Although we tend to hit spots that are featured on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives. Hands down some of our best dinners are from places we saw there.

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1108279]One of the few advantages of living in a major metro area. There is some fine dining. Although we tend to hit spots that are featured on Diner, Drive-ins and Dives. Hands down some of our best dinners are from places we saw there.

-H[/QUOTE]

Honest food. If I go into a restaurant where food comes out of a bag, I walk right out. You are very lucky to live in the Chicago area. We make it there 2 or 3 times a year, after all it’s only about 5 hours from here, and love getting some interesting food.

Back to Disney, a load is off my mind with this OOP thing.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1108257]Good for you. I thi k you are going to have a very enjoyable trip eating that you want when you want.

We tried the dining plan twice and it was ok but we felt like it was too much food and we ate meals we didn’t really want. We don’t even think about getting it now, we like the freedom of paying out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, meals we didn’t want but had to plan for months ahead.

I always :crying: when I had to walk past the French pastries because I was so stuffed :blow:
Or because you feel on the DDP that if you don’t order appetizers, entre AND dessert, you don’t get your monies worth :pinch:

Now I feel that I can actually have a Mickey bar or a rice crispy treat. Before that was not possible :pirate:

I want to have junk food !!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1108314]Now I feel that I can actually have a Mickey bar or a rice crispy treat. Before that was not possible :pirate:

I want to have junk food !!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

The key to any enjoyable trip to the World.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1108314]

I want to have junk food !!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

And transfat!!!

Good decision. Congratulations on bringing him around!

A round of Dole Whips for all, that’s what I say.

-H

I think you just made your trip 100% more enjoyable! I mean seriously you are on vacation – shouldn’t you be free to eat what and when you want???

By the way, in case you wander over by Mexico, head on in to the Cava de Tequila and have a margarita and the three-dip platter, which has queso, fresh guacamole and salsa. WOW so good! Then say “Adios DDP!”

I’d be interested to know if people have used the DDP for years, then didn’t and what their feeling are about the change to not using the plan…

We are one of those families that first big vacation (3 generations) we didn’t do our homework but left everything up to a travel agent…we bought a package with flight, accommodations, tickets and (at that time) some free counter meals…we later found out we ended up paying more money for our trip than we needed to pay…no packages anymore…I priced out our meals a long time ago and found we spent less going “our way”…pay as you eat…

Sometimes we will do the Magic your way with accommodations and tickets combined…depending on the cost but basically…everything individually planned and paid for…for years…

It’s a personal thing…but you can still make any dining reservations ahead of time if you want to without the DDP so its not worth it for us…we love the freedom of eating when and where we want to…

Smallworld

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1108408]I think you just made your trip 100% more enjoyable! I mean seriously you are on vacation – shouldn’t you be free to eat what and when you want???

By the way, in case you wander over by Mexico, head on in to the Cava de Tequila and have a margarita and the three-dip platter, which has queso, fresh guacamole and salsa. WOW so good! Then say “Adios DDP!”[/QUOTE]

that Tequila haven is definitely on my list. I have begun to enjoy this wet goodness straight up and am learning the is and outs and what’s on Tequila.

He doesn’t even like food. I have to remind him that he hasn’t had anything to eat since yesterday’s breakfast and he is the one who always insists on going deluxe ddp. Go figure.

Hmmmmmm it couldn’t be my cooking that he doesn’t like, could it ? :ph34r: