MissDisney's "Never Thought I'd Say This, But..." trip report

Greetings from the Wilderness Lodge Villas!
It’s the end of what has been a seriously indulgent, fabulous vacation, where we had experiences that changed our views on Disney and WDW and gave us a whole new perspective on vacationing here. It has been that great and that new!
I can start by saying how wonderful it is to see kids, dressed head-to-toe in princess or pirate gear, surrounded by multidiamond hotels and the most jaw-dropping feats of entertainment and attractions…
… yet they will come full-stop and plop down in the middle of the sidewalk, letting time stand still, while they spend the happiest of hours watching a flock of baby ducks enjoying a morning swim in the resort pool.
It has been a wonderful week of those simple joys, and I can’t wait to tell you all about everything, which I will post as quickly as I can!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Can’t wait to read more.

Do tell, Do tell!!!

Sounds amazing!!!

GooD! I’m glad it’s a good trip!

I will be waiting with the greatest expectation!:happy:

Sounds like you had a magical time and that makes me super happy. Can’t wait to hear all the details!

Your trip sounds wonderful, I can’t wait to hear all the details.

I’m so glad you had a magical trip. I can’t wait to read your TR.

Way to set the hook…

This morning, we enjoyed open balcony doors, birds chirping, hidden music wafting inside, palm trees swaying and sand between our toes under warm, sunny blue skies.
Today, arrived at JFK to snow and rain, gray skies and a seriously depressing chill in the air. So sad.

However!

I have a zillion photos to share (including a photo comparison of Senses and Mandara spas, shots of amazing stuff from Franck’s Studio and the Wedding Pavilion, views of the new FL, plus a ton of other stuff that had me smiling all week) – and I am working on photos right now.

This is going to be one swell TR!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1131303]This morning, we enjoyed open balcony doors, birds chirping, hidden music wafting inside, palm trees swaying and sand between our toes under warm, sunny blue skies.
Today, arrived at JFK to snow and rain, gray skies and a seriously depressing chill in the air. So sad.

However!

I have a zillion photos to share (including a photo comparison of Senses and Mandara spas, amazing shots from Franck’s Studio and the Wedding Pavilion, all-new views of the new FL, plus a ton of other stuff that had me smiling all week) – and I am working on photos right now.

This is going to be one swell TR![/QUOTE]

I’m looking forward to it!!

Can’t wait to read this one, but sounds like a bummer to leave the park and step into that misery.

Seriously! The pilot came on the intercom when the flight started, to tell us about how long the flight would last, etc. And when he announced the NYC weather report, there was a huge groan form the entire lot of passengers. Hahahahahaha :laugh:

… wait, why am I laughing at this?

OK, I have to say I just finished working on my photos, and I impressed myself with the number of photos (if not the quality!), especially since I was using a new camera the size of a postage stamp.

Stay with me on this TR, because I got a ton of great pics and I want to show them all to you!

New Fantasyland!
Spas!
Resorts!
Wedding stuff!

Let’s start with the resort. OK, I have always avoided WLV because I thought it would feel too far from the magic.

Boy I was wrong!

We have NEVER enjoyed a resort as much as we enjoyed WLV, and that includes our beloved home resort of BWV.

What you get with WLV is two vacations in one! You have all the magic (and let me tell you, when you board a boat after fireworks and you are magically whisked to your doorstep, you will LOVE feeling so connected to the magic!

And you also have the most peaceful, wooded, lakehouse you can imagine. It is gorgeous and it MADE US HAPPY every minute of every day!

Here is the view from our fabulously perfect third-floor room, Villas 3505/3507, which was on the short hallway and overlooked the pool, the woods and a bit of the lake! This is the perfect location on the whole property, convenient to everything and with the best view. I have zero idea how we got so lucky!!! :wub:

Request this room or this hallway if you get the chance. It will make you feel really lucky and special.

There aren’t any “bad rooms” at WLV, although you may wish to avoid the ones that face the walkway from WL to WLV, because the rattle of baggage carts and luggage can be intense!

OK, a word about the hot tub (spa) at WL. There are three on property. One at the villas, and two at the lodge. The one at the villas and the lodge tub closest to the main pool are more like “warm tubs” and the lodge spa closest to the lake is truly HOT!

Naturally, I spent a great deal of time in the hot tub, making several visits each day, including sun rises and sunsets! From the seat in the hot tub closest to the lake, you can see fireworks through the trees!

Look – Take an early morning photowalk with me, from WLV to the hot tub! Enjoy the misty lake, the peaceful half hour before the world wakes up, the birds that I wish you could hear! This is pretty much how I spent the week! :laugh:

And we used the WLV pool to tan, because the trees blocked the wind and we were toasty warm, even early in the morning! The pool bubbles as if it is a geyser, and all the kidguests loved it, except one tiny girl who thought it might be boiling. :laugh: