Missing Disney Cruise Line crew member

Disney has confirmed they are searching for a crew member who appears to be missing from the Disney Wonder:
Crew member missing from Disney Cruise Line ship

OMG, I hope they turn up safe and sound. I have cruised that ship twice and all the crew that we encountered were so nice.

Oh my goodness! This does not sound good. I hope she is found safe and sound.

How awful- I hope she’s found safe and well soon.

Oh no! I hope they find her and she’s ok.

Here is the latest info.

Woman missing from Disney cruise ship - UPI.com

oh wow. i hope she is found. that is scary.

Here is more detail of the missing crew member and a picture of her.

British cruise ship worker Rebecca Coriam vanishes from Disney Wonder near Mexico | Mail Online

To just vanish in such a confined space does not sound good at all. I really hope she is found safe and well!

Oh, how awful. Praying she is found, and for her family.

Her family have been on the news a lot over here and it’s been on the radio etc, all they’ve been able to confirm so far is she boarded the boat at the last port and made a phone call from the boat. Still no news on sightings or anything. Have googled for some news but nothing new.

Don’t they have CCTV footage on the ship so they can trace her movements etc? You;d have thought they’d have found something by now!

I heard about this right after it happened but nothing recently. Its not on our news. Very sad that she is gone so fast. Very suspicous that she has not been found yet. Im curious how this will end. And yes, I too wondered why they have not offered up footage? I would think that this would be the first thing we would have seen. Strange!

Unfortunately, if she went overboard, it’s a really big ocean. A lot of people lost at sea are never found.

We had a girl that I worked with who lost her hubby last seen just 25 miles off shore. Never found anything of the two on board and the boat except a seat that they think came from the boat. Lost another young man fishing that I used to coach soccer. His buddies were in the cabin and he was outside. Nobody saw him go over and never a trace.

There are lots of cameras but i’m guessing they don’t catch everything.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1072450]Unfortunately, if she went overboard, it’s a really big ocean. A lot of people lost at sea are never found.

We had a girl that I worked with who lost her hubby last seen just 25 miles off shore. Never found anything of the two on board and the boat except a seat that they think came from the boat. Lost another young man fishing that I used to coach soccer. His buddies were in the cabin and he was outside. Nobody saw him go over and never a trace.

There are lots of cameras but i’m guessing they don’t catch everything.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I drink beer … fat floats.

:laugh: But think how nicely marinated you’d be for any sharks swimming by.

Sadly, I think this poor young woman is gone. Whether accidentally or foul play we may never know.

I have been following this story and the latest is that the Mexican Navy and US Coast Guard is still searching. The family has met with the police(Bahamian) and they do know she made a phone call to a friend shortly before her disappearance and have the info about the call but haven’t released anything about it. Her family still believes(as would any) she is still alive but as each day goes by the odds of her being found alive would seem to lower.

Terrible story. I had a best friend many years ago who went missing from a large party style boat ( not a cruise liner) she was 27 and was never found- it was in the Bahamas. Her mother never gave up hope she would be found-

How could you give up? It must be horrible to have no closure.

My sister’s neighbours have disappeared. They were on a road trip to Las Vegas and never arrived. The last heard from them was a video at a gas station in Oregon, since then - nothing. Their kids are absolutely frantic. They haven’t been heard from since March 17.