Mission: SPACE Green vs. Orange Team?

So I was just discussing Mission: SPACE with my mum and we have a bit of a predicament. There are four of us going this time; me, my mum, my sister and her bf. While we’ve always been on the Green team before we wanted to try the Orange this time, however my mum will be left on her own because she thinks the Orange may be too harsh. She also suffers with a bad neck.

Does anybody know the difference between the Orange and Green Teams please?

The green team is a motion simulator, so it’s basically a box that moves so you feel what’s going on. The orange team is on a centrifuge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifuge)-it spins you as well as moving you. Astronauts have ridden on the orange side and say it’s one of the closest things they’ve ever felt to space flight. While it is extremely intense, and shouldn’t be taken lightly, it is one of the most singular experiences you will ever have.

My DD2, the roller coaster junky was totally trashed back when they first introduced MS, she was so sick afterwards we ended going back to the resort.

DW on the other hand thought it was the most fantastic ride she had ever been on.

Seeing as how the tea cups make me sick I waited a couple of years until the introduced the MS:Lite ride

-H

Ah I see. Thanks guys.

I think we should play it safe and all go on the Green Team. Or maybe we can go in two’s - two on Orange and two on Green. I would like to try the Orange but I can’t leave my mum on her own! :happy:

I’m sure your mom wouldn’t mind having a little time to herself while you guys try the orange side. Why doesn’t she nip into Mouse Gear for a little shopping.

That’s a good idea. We’ll sort something out anyway. Either we’ll all go on Green or she can have a rest somewhere or do a bit of shopping like you suggested! :laugh:

Do a whole gang ride w/ everyone on the green side, then those of you who wnat a little more excitement do the orange side.
I’m a coaster junkie and flew a lot in the Navy in helo’s and more than 3 dozen catapult takeoff’s and landing’s from the carrier for medivacs and other flights. I think the orange side is calm in comparison.

My mum gladly goes to the Green Team by herself when she sees us headed for Orange! :laugh:

Unless you want to be pressed to the back of your seat due to G Forces, steer clear of Orange! When Mission: Space first came out, it felt almost as if you couldn’t breathe with the heavy Gs, but they’ve toned it down a bit, now. My sister jokes that Mission: Space never has a long line anymore because the initial death-dancing excitement is over, and most people can’t ride it more than once.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1113693]
I’m a coaster junkie and flew a lot in the Navy in helo’s and more than 3 dozen catapult takeoff’s and landing’s from the carrier for medivacs and other flights. [/QUOTE]

Spent time in the Big Mother did ya now.

I wanted to fly medivac so bad that I enlisted, came to find out that you couldn’t pilot without 20/20 vision ( 1973 rules ). So I tried to make Airborne instead, lol.

Talk about young and stupid!

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1113697]Spent time in the Big Mother did ya now.

I wanted to fly medivac so bad that I enlisted, came to find out that you couldn’t pilot without 20/20 vision ( 1973 rules ). So I tried to make Airborne instead, lol.

Talk about young and stupid!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

There were some good days back then. I can’t beleive that I’ve been retired for 9 yrs now. I really miss the time flying, focusing on the mission and leaving everything else behind.
Oh well. Now the only thing I fly is my Caddie down I-95 to the World. :laugh:

…we have never even been on the Green Team side…Friends know we get dizzy easy and have told us that even the Green makes them :blow:…so Im scared to try it.

I have said over and over that I wish they made some sort of walk thru part so you could see what it’s all about without riding…I sure do miss Horizons!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’ve always compared the difference as green equals Star Tours/Body Wars.
Orange adds the spinning part to the basic motion simulator.

Keep in mind that the ride the astronauts said was almost the real thing, said so about the original version of Mission Space. Since the ride opened, it has been tamed at least three times, one for every major incident, and perhaps some more tweaks/refinements to the programming along the way.

To the opening post, play it by ear when you’re all actually in front of the building. She could feel up to it. Technically I have a bad back. Strike that, my back isn’t 100%, but that has never stopped me from getting on the most extreme rides.

The orange side’s ride isn’t overtly violent. The laws of gravity and your harness pretty much hold you right where you’re supposed to be. It might even be smoother because the centrifuge simulates the changes in gravity more fluidly than a bunch of hydraulic activators. The harness is no different because any ride system can be changed with a few key strokes and they built the ride as “all orange”.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1113702]I’ve always compared the difference as green equals Star Tours/Body Wars.
Orange adds the spinning part to the basic motion simulator.

Keep in mind that the ride the astronauts said was almost the real thing, said so about the original version of Mission Space. Since the ride opened, it has been tamed at least three times, one for every major incident, and perhaps some more tweaks/refinements to the programming along the way.

To the opening post, play it by ear when you’re all actually in front of the building. She could feel up to it. Technically I have a bad back. Strike that, my back isn’t 100%, but that has never stopped me from getting on the most extreme rides.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm well…I do ok on Space Mountain and on Star Tours (the older version) so I wonder if I could handle the green team? Star tours bumpy parts aren’t sustained…I take Dramamine on every airline flight, because you never know what you will encounter…a bump here and there is ok…but sustained for a minute and ugggg…one time heading to Orlando, I forgot to take anything…and my then 9 year old had to help me off the plane when we landed.

I’ll have to think about this…would really love to experience the ride ifmImcould tolerate it, but I also don’t want to take a chance on ruining my day.

Guess I could always take a Dramamine before…and sleep it off in Ellen’s Energy…:laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1113693]Do a whole gang ride w/ everyone on the green side, then those of you who wnat a little more excitement do the orange side.
I’m a coaster junkie and flew a lot in the Navy in helo’s and more than 3 dozen catapult takeoff’s and landing’s from the carrier for medivacs and other flights. I think the orange side is calm in comparison.[/QUOTE]

We’ve got to meet up some time!
I think the landing’s a lot more scary:eek:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1113703]Hmmm well…I do ok on Space Mountain and on Star Tours (the older version) so I wonder if I could handle the green team? Star tours bumpy parts aren’t sustained…I take Dramamine on every airline flight, because you never know what you will encounter…a bump here and there is ok…but sustained for a minute and ugggg…one time heading to Orlando, I forgot to take anything…and my then 9 year old had to help me off the plane when we landed.

I’ll have to think about this…would really love to experience the ride ifmImcould tolerate it, but I also don’t want to take a chance on ruining my day.

Guess I could always take a Dramamine before…and sleep it off in Ellen’s Energy…:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

I just don’t know. I fly just fine in the big boys. Haven’t been in anything smaller than an Embraer commuter jet in forever, so I don’t know about little planes. But one time, a friend took me bluefishing off the Jersey shore when there was a constant 5 foot chop. I didn’t do well at all and didn’t feel better until we cleared the breakwater 3 hours later. I was greener than the water. But again, throw the biggest coaster at me and I’m fine.
I think my Achilles Heel are spin and puke rides, which M:S isn’t.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1113703]Hmmm well…I do ok on Space Mountain and on Star Tours (the older version) so I wonder if I could handle the green team? Star tours bumpy parts aren’t sustained…I take Dramamine on every airline flight, because you never know what you will encounter…a bump here and there is ok…but sustained for a minute and ugggg…one time heading to Orlando, I forgot to take anything…and my then 9 year old had to help me off the plane when we landed.

Guess I could always take a Dramamine before…and sleep it off in Ellen’s Energy…:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

The Green team is absolutely fine, that much is true! I could compare it to Star Tours intensity wise. Only recently have I started going on Everest, Rock n Roller & Tower of Terror - and believe me, I WAS terrified of these! The Green on MS is fine though, you’re very secure!

In regards to Green or Orange, I think we will just play it by ear though, seems like the best option. Sometimes when you plan things they don’t go to plan anyway. :laugh:

Thank you for all your help guys! :happy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1113704]We’ve got to meet up some time!
I think the landing’s a lot more scary:eek:[/QUOTE]

I was more worried during taking off. If the catapult did not shoot you off at the correct speed (pressure/speed/weight calculations) you might not have enough to get airborne. Then you run the risk of getting run over by the ship.:eek:
The arrest/landing was either the pilot caught the wire or go around again and catch it the next time. And that is so rare with the planes we flew for medivacs that I never experiened a bolter that forced the pilot to have to go around.
One thing is for sure, 0 to 120 is a trip when they fire the catapult. :cool:

I think that you are not missing that much when you go on the green, which i am happy to go on. I ahve been on orange, and I do not think that there is that much difference. My Dh’s stomach tells him that there is. He notices the difference about 20 minutes after the ride, and he felt bad.

However, it all depended on if he had food in his stomach or not. The food helped before the ride. It was too late after.