MissSMIG's and her Birthday

Should I take alone MissSMIG birth certificate with me?

If you want her to get in free

If you’re looking for free admission you have to have proof that it’s her birthday. All the information is on the Disney website.

I think you need to unless she has some other form of I.D. that verifies her D.O.B.

can you travel within the states without a passport? I only ask as we have to travel with a passport within the UK and if the same applies to you guys then surely her passport would suffice? All details being in there so to speak? However, if of course you don’t have to have a passport to travel within the US then I would take just a copy of her birth certificate Dee, in case it was to go missing or be damaged in someway.

Not sure what’s required for proof, but I do think you need to register at the DisneyWorld website in order for the free admission.

Children need birth certificates, unless they have some other form of ID, such as a passport (or one of those Indent-a-kid cards, most likely). If she has a Driver’s Permit or a school ID with her birthdate, that should work. You might want to take two forms of ID, just in case.

I’d avoid taking the original birth certificate, though. If she has a Permit, I’d suggest bringing that and a copy of the birth certificate.

No internal documents required within the United States… :ph34r:

Sadly, there was a time when American Citizens could travel to Mexico and Canada without requiring a passport. :glare:

However, while I would recommend the birth certificate, a passport would suffice, if MissSMIG has one… :wub:

We took Karlie’s birth certificate because she was only 10, and didn’t have a drivers liscence. If she has a permit or driver’s liscence with her date of birth on it, your’e good.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;929810]Children need birth certificates, unless they have some other form of ID, such as a passport (or one of those Indent-a-kid cards, most likely). If she has a Driver’s Permit or a school ID with her birthdate, that should work. You might want to take two forms of ID, just in case.

I’d avoid taking the original birth certificate, though. If she has a Permit, I’d suggest bringing that and a copy of the birth certificate.[/QUOTE]

You can show a copy, but it has to be a CERTIFIED copy!

OH, and I’m not sure you can get the gift card in lieu of the FREE pass? I asked around a bit, and I was told the GC was for passholders ONLY . . . but this came from PH and NOT Cast Members . . . so you might want to check the website or call Disney directly.

There were a TON of people celebrating their birthdays . . . I never saw SO MANY birthday pins in all my trips to Disney!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;930013]You can show a copy, but it has to be a CERTIFIED copy!

OH, and I’m not sure you can get the gift card in lieu of the FREE pass? I asked around a bit, and I was told the GC was for passholders ONLY . . . but this came from PH and NOT Cast Members . . . so you might want to check the website or call Disney directly.

There were a TON of people celebrating their birthdays . . . I never saw SO MANY birthday pins in all my trips to Disney!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I just got the gift card for my birthday last weekend and I was under the same impression that the other offerings were for those who had an annual pass. They asked for it and my ID. To tell you the truth- I had a hard time spending the $75!! :laugh:

Also, they say that the card is only valid on the day of your birthday, but it isn’t. I asked about it and the CM told me he had to tell me to use it all on my bday. I used about half of it the next day at DTD and all worked out well. I think there was recently something on this on Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World about not having to use the money all on one day.

I think that would be neat to see just how many ppl share your special day. I would like to see that. DD’s b-day is in April, mine is in May, DS is in Nov and DH is in Dec. I see 4 future mini-trips :D!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;930048]I just got the gift card for my birthday last weekend and I was under the same impression that the other offerings were for those who had an annual pass. They asked for it and my ID. To tell you the truth- I had a hard time spending the $75!! :laugh:

Also, they say that the card is only valid on the day of your birthday, but it isn’t. I asked about it and the CM told me he had to tell me to use it all on my bday. I used about half of it the next day at DTD and all worked out well. I think there was recently something on this on Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World about not having to use the money all on one day.[/QUOTE]

Is this only for Passholders or does it work for people who have park passes already? I couldn’t get a straight answer?

I was told the card expires a year after her birthday, so no one told me to use it that day!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;930088]Is this only for Passholders or does it work for people who have park passes already? I couldn’t get a straight answer?

I was told the card expires a year after her birthday, so no one told me to use it that day![/QUOTE]

I hope they offer the gift card to people who’ve already bought MYW passes…

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;930088]Is this only for Passholders or does it work for people who have park passes already? I couldn’t get a straight answer?
[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure that if you already have MYW tickets you can get the card in lieu of free admission.

Not what I was told . . . but now I am DETERMINED to find out!!! :laugh:

Most people buy packages, so it would make perfect sense . . . and I told so many people about the promotion that didn’t know??? How could you not know about FREE??? :eek:

I just found this:

Which Disney Parks Are Included?

Both of Disney’s California parks are participating, which include the original Disneyland and the newer California Adventure next door.

All four of Disney’s Florida theme parks are also included, which include Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

When Is The Free Pass Valid?

The pass itself is only valid for one day, which is your birthday in 2009.

It doesn’t matter when your trip to the park starts or ends, you only get the ticket for your actual birth date and it must be used on that day only.
What Type Of Pass Do You Get?

Disney has a plethora of pass options open to guests, but the free ticket is a one-day/one-park pass. This means you cannot go from park to park (also known as a park hopping) in the same day. You must pick one park and that is the only one you get free admission to.

Are There Any Restrictions?

The person receiving the free ticket must be age 3 or older. If under 18, a parent or guardian must sign up for the free ticket for the person celebrating their birthday. Beyond that, Disney says anybody in the world can take advantage of this offer.

How Do You Get Your Free Disney Ticket?

Disney has set up a special website to collect the information needed for them to issue you the free park pass on your birthday.

If you don’t sign up for the pass in advance, you can still sign up at the park’s guest services on the traveler’s birthday, with I.D. proving the actual birthday. But when you sign up in advance, you will save yourself a lot of time.

In 2009, when visiting the park for your birthday, you will need to have a copy of the confirmation email plus a valid U.S. photo I.D. (driver’s license, passport, etc) to prove it is you and it is your actual birthday. Present these at a guest service booth at the park of your choice, they’ll issue the ticket and then you can enjoy your free day at Disneyland or Walt Disney World.

What If You Already Have Tickets or an Annual Pass?

If you already hold valid tickets or annual passes to a U.S. Disney theme park, you can choose an alternate free gift, such as a birthday fun debit card good at the parks for the amount of the one-day/one-park pass or a special FastPass badge to get on the rides faster. A complete list of alternate options can be found under the FAQ section of the Disney website for the promotion.

We just did this about a week ago. We had 7 day hoppers. Karlie just showed her birth certificate and got a giftcard worth $75 dollars. I did preregister her on the disney site which made it quick and easy. You print out a paper with a barcode on it and they scan it and give you the card. she bought a purse, big minnie mouse doll, some sneaker type flats and a webkinz.

AWESOME!! Thanks for the answer I was looking for!! That makes it perfect for MissSmig’s birthday then . . . a nice birthday present of $75 from the mouse!