MK Rides during Wishes

We are planning to have dinner in the MK around 6:30 and slide off deep into the MK to ride rides during Wishes on the Thursday of our visit, because will watch it Mon, Tues, and Illuminations on Wed of our trip the week we go in November. Our thought is the lines will be shorter and we will be away from the 100,000 people that will be around the castle. What do y’all think?

It’s a proven fact that the waits during the parades and stuff are shorter. I think it’s a good plan.

If you don’t mind missing the show… sounds like a plan. Riding BTMR during the fireworks is pretty amazing…

Sounds like a great plan! Even coming down splash mountain at that time is amazing. I think Splash Mountain is amazing at night anyways!!

I know that I’ve had lower wait times during SpectroMagic parades. I’d expect similar results during fireworks, but I have no experience here because my world revolves around fireworks.
You won’t have to deal with 100,000 guests in the MK even on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. They stop admitting guests at 80,000 and November, with the exception of Wednesday before Thanksgiving through Monday the following week, you won’t see anywhere near that number. Also, I’d suspect that attendance will be dropping with the rising cost of fuel, travel and life.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;850298]I know that I’ve had lower wait times during SpectroMagic parades. I’d expect similar results during fireworks, but I have no experience here because my world revolves around fireworks.
You won’t have to deal with 100,000 guests in the MK even on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. They stop admitting guests at 80,000 and November, with the exception of Wednesday before Thanksgiving through Monday the following week, you won’t see anywhere near that number. Also, I’d suspect that attendance will be dropping with the rising cost of fuel, travel and life.[/QUOTE]

I think the number was just a figure of speech.

Love the view of the Castle!

Definitely shorter. And I agree wtih Daisee - BTMRR is awesome when the fire works are happening :slight_smile:

Wow!! What an amazing group. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I am new to the board and WDW. Our first trip was last year M-F of Thanksgiving. We loved it so much we are going back the same week this year.

Totally agree with the low crowds Mon and Tues of that week. Wed was notably more crowded and Thanksgiving day was packed. But, no conmplaints, we loved it!!

Thansk again!! MouseBuzz Rocks!!

Maybe, maybe not. Our new poster did mention November and I’m assuming a visit near Thanksgiving. Many people don’t know exactly how many people Disney allows into their parks and I was just trying to ease her (his?) jangled nerves.

Can you believe I have never seen a parade at MK cause of that reason. The lines are much smaller during parades, and my DS’s take full advantage of it. (I told them this year they are old enough to go do Space Mountain by themselves. I’m sitting still for a parade!!!)

We are take our last day and gong to MK just to see the parades,shows,fire works and have dinner at LTT.

I did this last year… Splash Mountain and Pirates were both walk on rides! and I am talking August!

I saw no crowds at all… till I hit main street… wall to wall people!

BTMR is awesome at night, especially during the fireworks. Also, Astro orbiter is really cool to be on during the fireworks.

Sounds like a plan to me, I have done that a number of times, just so I can ride Splash and Pirates a few times…without lines.

We were on Aladdin’s magic carpet ride one time during Wishes, and right at the finale, the CM raised all the carpets and just let us go round and round until it was done . . . it was REALLY cool . . . we felt like we could touch them!

I have to say . . . nothing BEATS watching the fireworks from in front of the castle . . . and EVERYONE should do it at least ONCE . . . they are beautiful! :wub:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;858986]We were on Aladdin’s magic carpet ride one time during Wishes, and right at the finale, the CM raised all the carpets and just let us go round and round until it was done . . . it was REALLY cool . . . we felt like we could touch them!

I have to say . . . nothing BEATS watching the fireworks from in front of the castle . . . and EVERYONE should do it at least ONCE . . . they are beautiful! :wub:[/QUOTE]
Awww! That’s neat! Can you hear the music too? I never miss a chance to see Wishes–it’s my favorite!:wub:But, if I could hear the music, that would be a great experience.

I’m pretty sure yes . . . they seem to pipe the music all over the park!

Most times I’m planted right in front of the castle . . . I :heart: MK fireworks and never get enough! :laugh:

We’ve ridden Dumbo without waiting during Wishes. BUT as the show draws near to a close, so does everything aside from Main Street stores.

We have done both… watching the show with the crowd, or heading out to do some coasters with no wait. Since you have multiple nights planned, why not try each way once? Splash is really a fun ride at night, as you go over the falls and see the Castle all lit up for the show!

Once, during the parade at P&P, our kids got stuck in Splash, right in front of the big drop. They couldnt see much of the show, but if their boat had been just a few feet farther, they would have had the view of the parade and fireworks like never before!