MK to Epcot on the monorail?

how long is the ride from MK to Epcot on the monorail?
thanks again:blush:

also, slightly diff. …but how long is the ride on the direct bus from AK to Epcot??

and yet another transportation question…

where is the walkway from the Contemporary Resort to MK?

we might have to take the bus from AK to the Contemp. and walk to MK for a diner one night.

This link can be helpful: OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

I would allow 45 minutes to get from Epcot to MK. The ride isn’t that long but we always extra time to switch monorails. The ride from the T&TC to Epcot is maybe 15 minutes.

The walk way is pretty easy to find. When you leave the CR head toward the right (toward the MK) and you should see a sign. It’s no more than a 10 minute walk.

If you hang a left out of the MK, you will see the contemporary…

Also, there are no buses from hotel to hotel… only hotel to park, or DTD…

The fastest way to get from Epcot to mk is the monorail, and then you would have to switch monorails at the TTC to continue on to either the MK or the Contemporary… From the TTC, the monorail would travel from the TTC, to the POLY, to the MK, and finally to the Contemporary… Hope that helps…

thanks for the link…bookmarked it!

Transport Wiz is good, but it’s not always right and doesn’t always present the best routing. I’ve usually been able to monorail from MK to Epcot (including the change at TTC) in about 37 to 44 minutes.
The Epcot to AK bus takes about 15 minutes, unless they also have to make a stop at Blizzard Beach.
Hanwill is right, there is no service from any park directly to DTD.
From MK, your best bet is to head for the Contemporary (walking is quickest usually) and grab the DTD bus from there.
From Epcot, you need to exit the International Gateway and head either for the Boardwalk or the Beach and grab your DTD bus there.
From Studios and AK, you’re going to have to transfer through a hotel in order to get to DTD on a bus.
I see that you question how to best get from AK to MK (and you clearly have seen there is no direct bus from any other park to MK because they all go through TTC).
What you should consider is a bus to the GF (if GF is the first stop) and then grabbing the monorail as an alternate to going to the Contemporary and then walking (monorail from Contemporary would just take too long because the resort trains run clockwise and Contemporary is the first stop after MK while GF is the last).
Oh, one more thing, Contemporary and Poly share all buses with Contemporary always the first stop and Poly the second stop.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1014763]This link can be helpful: OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

I would allow 45 minutes to get from Epcot to MK. The ride isn’t that long but we always extra time to switch monorails. The ride from the T&TC to Epcot is maybe 15 minutes.

The walk way is pretty easy to find. When you leave the CR head toward the right (toward the MK) and you should see a sign. It’s no more than a 10 minute walk.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. I found this link several years ago but then couldn’t find it again…yay thank you:laugh:

[QUOTE=chottsy;1014762]and yet another transportation question…
where is the walkway from the Contemporary Resort to MK? [/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed this.
The walkway starts at the Contemporary bus stop and heads for the MK paralleling the monorail beam all the way to the main gate.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1014803]…
I see that you question how to best get from AK to MK (and you clearly have seen there is no direct bus from any other park to MK because they all go through TTC).
What you should consider is a bus to the GF (if GF is the first stop) and then grabbing the monorail as an alternate to going to the Contemporary and then walking (monorail from Contemporary would just take too long because the resort trains run clockwise and Contemporary is the first stop after MK while GF is the last).
Oh, one more thing, Contemporary and Poly share all buses with Contemporary always the first stop and Poly the second stop.[/QUOTE]

awesome thanks!xo

I know we have only been one time (Dec. 2009) but there were monorail issues and bus issues when we were there that caused some delays. We ran late for dinner reservations more than once. I would pad the expected time by 15 - 30 minutes just to be safe.

We allow at least an hour no matter where we’re going and how we’re getting there unless we are in total control–like walking.

We learned that lesson the hard way! We usually did allow at least an hour and we were still late. Had I been a more experienced Disney person I would have known some of the time traps to avoid. For example, it never crossed my mind that when we went to MK to get on the monorail for the Contemporary that MK would be closing and MVMCP would be starting and create a huge log jam for the monorail. I will know to look out for such things the next time!