MNSSHP Couples Costumes - need ideas!

We’re doing MNSSHP for the first time 9/16. There will be 4 adults and 4 girls, ages 1-12 (two married couples and their two respective daughters each). The girls are dressing up as princesses / Minnie. To my utter shock and amazement, my husband wants for us to go in costume, too.

So…got any good costume ideas for couples? We’d like to do something coordinating or at least related somehow, and it would be even better if it’s Disney-related. Nothing furry/hot/non-breathable, please.

The only thing we’ve come up with so far is going as a Bavarian couple (him in a lederhosen, me in a dirndl)…but I’ve had a hard time finding what I consider a modest and decent quality dirndl dress for less than a small fortune.

Thanks!:heart:

We went one year as graduates. We had robes and caps, they were lightweight and easy to pack.

You could go as characters from Alice in Wonderland, or depending on which princesses the girls are going to be, you could be their parents, or characters that coincide to their story. You could go as Marval Super heroes, peter pan, wendy, captain hook and tinkerbell, Jack Sparrow and pirates just to name a few

Mr & Mrs Incredible. How much space can tights take up in a suitcase?:laugh:

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1087602]We went one year as graduates. We had robes and caps, they were lightweight and easy to pack.

You could go as characters from Alice in Wonderland, or depending on which princesses the girls are going to be, you could be their parents, or characters that coincide to their story. You could go as Marval Super heroes, peter pan, wendy, captain hook and tinkerbell, Jack Sparrow and pirates just to name a few[/QUOTE]

Good ideas…thanks! I like the graduate idea. Your robe could serve as a poncho in case of rain! :laugh:

Ha - THAT would be a sight! Think I’d rather do a furry suit than Spandex! :slight_smile:

I got the Pirate make over before we hit the park. DW went as the ‘Red head’.

Thats how DH felt when I suggested it for our family. He was quick to say no. :confused:
Last year the 5 of us went as spooky mouseketeers. I posted pics on another thread before. This is the link http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/57575-halloween-costumes-mnsshp.html The pics are in post #6. They are super easy and were really comfortable.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1087718]Thats how DH felt when I suggested it for our family. He was quick to say no. :confused:
Last year the 5 of us went as spooky mouseketeers. I posted pics on another thread before. This is the link http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/57575-halloween-costumes-mnsshp.html The pics are in post #6. They are super easy and were really comfortable.[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirts!!! Would you mind emailing me the logo?
I am the Halloween queen around my place and I need that shirt! LOL! :laugh:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1087745]Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirts!!! Would you mind emailing me the logo?
I am the Halloween queen around my place and I need that shirt! LOL! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Zoey9797, you leave in 1 day!!! Oh my goodness! Have fun!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1087745]Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirts!!! Would you mind emailing me the logo?
I am the Halloween queen around my place and I need that shirt! LOL! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I don’t mind at all, but I can’t email it until tomorrow. The logo is on my computer at work. I do not have it on my home computer. Would tomorrow be too late to email it?

Sent you a PM w/ my email. Not a problem. I won’t have time for this trip’s shirt anyway but it will be the first project for the NEXT trip WOOHOO! :slight_smile:
THANKS!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1087753]Sent you a PM w/ my email. Not a problem. I won’t have time for this trip’s shirt anyway but it will be the first project for the NEXT trip WOOHOO! :slight_smile:
THANKS![/QUOTE]

I will send you an email with the logo. Have a great trip.

Love this idea! DH loved it, too…:laugh:

[QUOTE=simplytall;1087718]Thats how DH felt when I suggested it for our family. He was quick to say no. :confused:
Last year the 5 of us went as spooky mouseketeers. I posted pics on another thread before. This is the link http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/57575-halloween-costumes-mnsshp.html The pics are in post #6. They are super easy and were really comfortable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link…now I remember reading your TR and seeing these! Super cute…I love the shirts and the pigtails. Best of all, you look COMFORTABLE.