MNSSHP questions

It looks like we will be in WDW while MNSSHP is going this year so we are going to try to save the extra money and make it to one of the nights. I have a few questions regarding the event though.

1. How does the trick-or-treating work? Do you get containers to collect it in while you are there, or do you bring your own? What kind of candy is it - tootsie rolls and dumdums, or do they have a little more variety?

2. Are the Halloween Pins available during all the MNSSHP nights, or only on Halloween? I would love one to add to my collection if we celebrate Halloween there, even though it is a bit early!

3. Are all the attractions open during the event? I know there is a parade, a special show and special fireworks to see, as well as characters to visit and the trick-or-treating, but does the park still operate as usual?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

1. When you enter the park, you’re given a trick or treat bag that is covered with ads for the next Disney movie in theaters and the next Disney DVD release. There are about 12 TorT stations (and you can go through the lines again and again) that are stocked with various M&M/Mars, Hershey, and Nestle brand candies as well as lesser items like lollipops, Smartees, some second tier stuff.

2.There are special event pins sold during the event, not just on October 31.

3.The park operates as usual and most of the rides and attractions are open. However, because attendance is limited to about 25,000, Fast Passes are not distributed. Generally this isn’t a problem except for Peter Pan and Space Mountain. Everything else stays under 20 minutes wait time.

3.The park operates as usual and most of the rides and attractions are open. However, because attendance is limited to about 25,000, Fast Passes are not distributed. Generally this isn’t a problem except for Peter Pan and Space Mountain. Everything else stays under 20 minutes wait time.[/QUOTE]

And Haunted Mansion, don’t forget Haunted Masion!!! The line for that was huge when we were there!!!

If you get the photopass, the pic infront of the hearse is cool

This is great information. Thanks a bunch for answering!

My kids are really excited to spend another “Holiday” in WDW. Even though it isn’t on the actual day, celebrating it there will be really special!

[QUOTE=MomBee;1063031]
And Haunted Mansion, don’t forget Haunted Masion!!! The line for that was huge when we were there!!!

If you get the photopass, the pic infront of the hearse is cool[/QUOTE]

Haunted Mansion has never had more than a 15 minute wait when I’ve been to Halloween parties and usually a bit shorter.

In 2009 it was an 45 min wait while we were there. The line up was extended out of the Cue area it was a nightmare!!! But worth the wait because who doesn’t want to ride it at the halloween party. But maybe it was just our night then!!! Could it be because Space Mountain was closed?

And don’t forget to wear costumes. You’ll be amazed at what people come up with. Be early for the start of the parade so you don’t miss the headless horseman. MNSSHP is so fun. :wub:

Mom Bee is right - def. a good photo op. There are several other good Photopass places around the mansion. We had one with the hitch hiking ghosts taken in front of the Steam Boat entrance.

I have found that for whatever reason if SM is closed then HM is much busier and vice-versa. Not sure why but I have seen it happen both ways.

We have been to 3 MNNSHPs and have never had to wait over 5 minutes to ride anything. That is one of the main reasons we go. No waits.

I would say “YES!”.
By the way, what time was it?
Was it before or after the first parade? Before or after fireworks?
Timing is everything as well.

Soundgod
“stocked with various M&M/Mars, Hershey, and Nestle brand candies as well as lesser items like lollipops, Smartees, some second tier stuff.”

:laugh:second tier stuff spoken like a true trick or treat professional.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1063187]I would say “YES!”.
By the way, what time was it?
Was it before or after the first parade? Before or after fireworks?
Timing is everything as well.[/QUOTE]

after the first parade I believe!!!

You already have all of your answers but I had to chime in to tell you how amazing it is! The atmosphere, decorations, and music are the best at that time of year! MNSSHP ranks #1 in our book!

I’m going to second that too! Great fun to be had, great atmosphere and worth going just to look at the guest’s costumes! Some really original and fun outfits. You will all have a blast there.

I really can’t wait! You have all caused a lot of excitement in our family with the rave reviews!

That is the thing I love most about WDW - we’ve been there three times and you would think that we’ve seen it all, but there is always something new and exciting to experience there!

Thank you all for the help and advice!

It is such good fun all night long worth the $$ if you have not been before. you get a smallish bag we collected loads of candy without trying at all…

:blow:

just a couple of photos from the party

:laugh::eek::laugh::blush::laugh:

I love the pics, Jimbo! My youngest DD is going to go crazy with all that candy!

Love those photos Jimbo!