MNSSHP ticket question?

Hello all. I plan on going to MNSSHP this year and would like to know when will tickets go on sale? I need halloween day and just wanted to make sure I’m on the phone the morn they go onsale. Thanks! Oh…does anyone know id DVC gets a discount on tickets?

I don’t know about the date but DVC members get a discount on select nights. I have never looked at MNSSH but I know certain busy nights were blacked out for the Christmas party.

Thanks for that info.I may try calling MS and see if they know.

I think most of the DVC discounted days this past year were the Mon-Thurs dates with the exception for Halloween.

I got this from AllEars and it’s from last year but the dates will compare:

Advance Purchase Price available for:
September 5, 9, 12, 16, 23, 28, 30
October 2, 5, 7, 13, 19, 21, 28
$48.95 + tax = $52.13/adult
$42.95 + tax = $45.74/child

AP/DVC Discount Available
September 9, 12, 23, 30
October 2, 7, 9, 21
$45.95 + tax = $48.94/adult
$39.95 + tax = $42.55/child

Looks like Halloween isn’t discounted. I’m sure it usually sells out so there’s no need to discount it.

Thanks for the link. The discount only looks to be a few bucks so that’s no big deal. I just want to make sure I’m on the phone getting tickets 7 am on the first date.

Tickets typically go on sale May 1st and I always buy Halloween nite when I go, this year we are going again!!! :cool::happy:

Oh also I have waited 2wks or so in the past and have been fortunate to get tickets. Mickeysgirlz got hers last before they sold out so we will have to ask her when that was!

Also, I think Wishy has said in the past, there is no discount on Halloween nite for MNSSHP.

Like DT posted, they do not discount most weekend parties and most definately not Halloween night or the night before…both sell out totally. Tickets typically go on sale right around May 1st or so…it has been later on in May, but usually the first week is a good time to start looking. You don’t have to get them at 7am the first day they go on sale however…they don’t sell out that fast.

I have been there both Haloween night and the night before. I prefer the night before only because they do some cool stuff at DTD on Halloween night too. Totally worth getting two trick or treating nights out of one trip. They are both super, super crowded, so it doesn’t matter which you pick. Also, the resorts usually have some kind of trick or treating going on Halloween day between 4-6pm, so check with your resort.

[QUOTE=Val32;925520]Tickets typically go on sale May 1st and I always buy Halloween nite when I go, this year we are going again!!! :cool::happy:

Oh also I have waited 2wks or so in the past and have been fortunate to get tickets. Mickeysgirlz got hers last before they sold out so we will have to ask her when that was!

Also, I think Wishy has said in the past, there is no discount on Halloween nite for MNSSHP.[/QUOTE]

It was super late when I bought them. Because I had tickets for the week before and they let me transfer them . . . and I remember not thinking I’d get them, but then it wasn’t sold out. It was SOLD OUT the night of the event however. I’d say it was as late as September?

I just checked my messages, and Val send me a message on 8/23 about switching, so it was SEPT by the time I made the switch!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;925545]It was super late when I bought them. Because I had tickets for the week before and they let me transfer them . . . and I remember not thinking I’d get them, but then it wasn’t sold out. It was SOLD OUT the night of the event however. I’d say it was as late as September?

I just checked my messages, and Val send me a message on 8/23 about switching, so it was SEPT by the time I made the switch![/QUOTE]

WOW!!! THat was Late!!! :blink:

I remember back to 2004 for our first MNSSHP, I went to buy my tickets sometime in Aug. and the tickets were SOLD OUT! :crying:
Luckily, I found a member here who sold them to me! :happy:

I wonder if will sell out this year with travel down? :confused:
Iam sure it will sell out being Halloween nite and ON a Sat nite but just wondering how the crowds will be that week?

[QUOTE=Val32;925664]WOW!!! THat was Late!!! :blink:

I remember back to 2004 for our first MNSSHP, I went to buy my tickets sometime in Aug. and the tickets were SOLD OUT! :crying:
Luckily, I found a member here who sold them to me! :happy:

I wonder if will sell out this year with travel down? :confused:
Iam sure it will sell out being Halloween nite and ON a Sat nite but just wondering how the crowds will be that week?[/QUOTE]

Travel may be down, but not to WDW!!?!??!

I can not get dining reservation for Bec’s birthday weekend . . . it’s NUTS!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;925671]Travel may be down, but not to WDW!!?!??!

I can not get dining reservation for Bec’s birthday weekend . . . it’s NUTS![/QUOTE]

WOW!!! :ohmy:

Maybe it’s all those discounts they put out there.

thanks all! i will make sure to be around the phone may 1st. also. does anyone know what the crowds are like for end of aug 1st week in nov?

One thing I noticed was we went on a premium night (Oct. 26, 2008) and the crowd was not as large as the discounted nights that we went to in the past.
That seems to make sense because of the less cost.

Do you mean end of OCT, 1st week of Nov?

I usually go then and crowds are moderate. Everyone from NJ is there plus others from other parts of world as normal…
That week is considered “JERSEY WEEK” because of the teacher conferences and everyone having off. This is the reason why I go that week and I don’t mind it at all! It’s not like Easter or CHristmas!
The weather is nice and I get to do MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool: :happy:

[QUOTE=Val32;925943]Do you mean end of OCT, 1st week of Nov?

I usually go then and crowds are moderate. Everyone from NJ is there plus others from other parts of world as normal…
That week is considered “JERSEY WEEK” because of the teacher conferences and everyone having off. This is the reason why I go that week and I don’t mind it at all! It’s not like Easter or CHristmas!
The weather is nice and I get to do MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool: :happy:[/QUOTE]
:laugh: yes. That’s what I ment. I have Oct 30 to Nov 8 booked at AKV but I hope to change it to BWV. I may also move it up a week. I’m not sure. Ill have to look into when the kids are off.