Mnsshp

Okay, so after no less than 20 visits to WDW we are finally going to the MNSSHP on 9/28! We are doing the Twilight Tower of Terror 10-mile run on 9/29, so we thought we would do the MNSSHP on 9/28.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions or any comments for the MNSSHP? We are arriving on 9/28, headed to the expo to pick up our stuff for the run, headed to the hotel to check in and then get ready for the MNSSHP.

We already have annual passes and just ordered the MNSSHP tickets. We’ll have to pick up the MNSSHP tickets up as soon as we get to the park.

Is the parade the very first thing that happens? Is there only one parade that night?

We just came back from the costume store…it was closed today so we have to try next Saturday to see what costumes we want to wear.

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1120571]Okay, so after no less than 20 visits to WDW we are finally going to the MNSSHP on 9/28! We are doing the Twilight Tower of Terror 10-mile run on 9/29, so we thought we would do the MNSSHP on 9/28.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions or any comments for the MNSSHP? We are arriving on 9/28, headed to the expo to pick up our stuff for the run, headed to the hotel to check in and then get ready for the MNSSHP.

We already have annual passes and just ordered the MNSSHP tickets. We’ll have to pick up the MNSSHP tickets up as soon as we get to the park.

Is the parade the very first thing that happens? Is there only one parade that night?

We just came back from the costume store…it was closed today so we have to try next Saturday to see what costumes we want to wear.[/QUOTE]

I’m of no help on MNSSHP (we’ve skipped it each trip) but will be expecting to hear all about the ToT 10 miler!! I wanted to do it this year but we pushed our trip up to 9/11 so maybe next year :confused:

There were two Boo to You parades as I recall at the last one we went to. My DH says one was about 8.30/9.00 and the other was 11.30/midnight. Although it’s two years since we went so it may have changed.
MNSSHP is such a great evening, the costumes, the trick or treating and the transformation of the park is just fabulous. You will have a wonderful time.

This year will be our second MNSSHP but i keep changing my mind about the costume :huh:

Me and son in law thinking about ugley sisters :ph34r:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1120629]This year will be our second MNSSHP but i keep changing my mind about the costume :huh:

Me and son in law thinking about ugley sisters :ph34r:[/QUOTE]

And you know I’m going to need pictures of that dont you:laugh:

[QUOTE=mrsmouse;1120571]Okay, so after no less than 20 visits to WDW we are finally going to the MNSSHP on 9/28! We are doing the Twilight Tower of Terror 10-mile run on 9/29, so we thought we would do the MNSSHP on 9/28.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions or any comments for the MNSSHP?

.[/QUOTE]

The party starts at 7:00pm. There are 2 performances of the parade, 8:15 and 10:30. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE GO TO THE SECOND PERFORMANCE. It is MUCH less crowded and you’ll get a better seat.

The fireworks are at 9:30pm. DO NOT MISS THOSE. Best to watch at the top of Main Street.

DO NOT MISS the Villain Mix and Mingle show. Go to one of the performances.

You just know this will happen Dixie :eek: :wub:

(PS you only got 1 day before you go to Disney? thought you was not going this year)

[QUOTE=jimbo;1120636]You just know this will happen Dixie :eek: :wub:

(PS you only got 1 day before you go to Disney? thought you was not going this year)[/QUOTE]

Oh I wish Jimbo- no this countdown suddenly appeared, nothing to do with me, and its counting me down!
So apparently I go tomorrow- which is difficult as I am not packed and I dont have any flights:laugh: Oh but I wish it were true:crying: Roll on next Autumn:laugh:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1120633]The party starts at 7:00pm. There are 2 performances of the parade, 8:15 and 10:30. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE GO TO THE SECOND PERFORMANCE. It is MUCH less crowded and you’ll get a better seat.

The fireworks are at 9:30pm. DO NOT MISS THOSE. Best to watch at the top of Main Street.

DO NOT MISS the Villain Mix and Mingle show. Go to one of the performances.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Rowdy. Do you have any similar tips for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? This will be our first time attending this party and we are going the first night, 11/9. Is the first night generally crowded?

Definitely try to do the second parade, otherwise you waste all your trick-or-treat time holding your place for the first parade. We made that mistake last year. We still had a lot of fun, but I felt some stress at how much time we spent sitting around.

Make sure you pick up a map on the way in and follow the signs for the candy. My kids all had a blast!

Interact with the Cast Members also! They are a blast!!! We went last year on the first day of MNSSHP, so everyone was really pumped up. The cm’s were really getting into everything, and were totally fun to be around. We actually did more trick or treating towards the end of the night. They seemed to have so much candy left over, we were getting larger amounts handed to us than in the beginning of the night.

Take a nap, if you can find time before you hit the park – You will stay late at the party!!! You will basically have the rides to yourself, there will be tons of merriment and candy, and you will not want to leave until they throw you out.

Usually, the first party is sold out, but they only sell 30,000 tickets for the event night, which is not busy at all for MK.

It pretty much follows the same parade/fireworks timeline. Don’t miss Celebrate the Season. The Tomorrowland Christmas show is also REALLY cute.

At about 6:00pm (an hour before the party) they will light the castle. That’s the perfect way to start the night. So come in about 5:00pm for the party, watch the castle, and have a great time.

That’s everyone for the insight to MNSSHP. We are developing our plan so we can make the most of our first experience. Now I am really excited after everyone 's comments. Thanks! Definitely a trip report will be included.

go enjoy yourselves. take bigger bags for candy! My girls love everything about this party.