Mom doesn't need dining plan

Hi all! Quick question. My mom may be coming with us on our October trip and if she does, she doesn’t wan’t the dining plan. (She had Gastric Bypass a few years back and does not eat much at all, it really isn’t worth it for her!) If she comes can I just not say that she is staying in the room with us? I realize this is not totally on the up and up, and hate doing stuff like this, but last time, it was such a waste of money for her to have gotten the dining plan.

The only other problems I see are Extra Magic hours, am I missing something?

Tell them it is for medical reasons that she cannot do DDP. I doubt they would require a note from her MD, but if all else fails…

she wont have a room key either.

I thought about the key thing, but we get 2 anyways!

The Dr. thing is a good idea, has anyone done this before?

I have 2 times. She won’t get a room key card/ Also if she shows her bypass card she will only be charged for kids meals price. My mom came with me 2 times and I just couldn’t put her on the hotel ressie… Even DVC

My friends MIL had bypass surgery and she showed a card and was only charged for kids meals when dining. I would ask them if she can be charged for a kids DDP, I am sure this won’t be the first time someone asked. Otherwise, if you don’t care about EMH’s then it won’t matter and she can just pay OOP.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;948538]I thought about the key thing, but we get 2 anyways!

The Dr. thing is a good idea, has anyone done this before?[/QUOTE]

Haven’t done it, but it is a REALLY good idea!! And maybe you should ask your travel agent to check this out before you go~

I spoke with DVC member servoces and they said that a Dr.'s not will not suffice. they said all must be on the DDP or all must be off! It seems rediculous but they said those are the rules!

Dopey… do you use a travel agent for Disney?

When you make reservations, they always ask for the names (and addresses, I think) of the people who will be staying in your accommodations. This is as much for safety reasons as anything else; if there were to be an emergency, they would need to know exactly who and how many were in that room. Disney is usually pretty good about stuff like this. I would simply explain and ask if I could get the kid’s meal plan (or pay OOP.)

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;949590]I spoke with DVC member servoces and they said that a Dr.'s not will not suffice. they said all must be on the DDP or all must be off! It seems rediculous but they said those are the rules!

Dopey… do you use a travel agent for Disney?[/QUOTE]

You can just bring her along and purchase a separate MYW pass for her. Then, according to previous posts she can show her card and pay the kids-meal price in cash when you dine. The resort won’t know or care if she is in the room.

Yeah, I think that Disney is making this more difficult than it has to be, but my mom will never eat that much food. So I think I have very little choice in the matter. I will just not add her name to the reservation. The children’s dining plan doesn’t offer to much that suits an adults palet so I don’t think she would be happy eating chicken nuggets or pizza for a whole week. Granted there are some places that offer more (like a steak or roasted chicken) but they all don’t, so I am not sure the children’s meals would work either. Oh well, I think I will try asking DVC member services one more time, and go from there!