Monorail changes

I’d love to hear from anyone who is staying at a Monorail resort and is at the Magic Kingdom tonite. Late nite EMH to 3am. Guess the monorail service STOPS one hour after regular park closing so monorail service should stop at 1am.
HOW are the Monorail resort guests getting back to their resorts. I’m curious.
Direct bus or to TTC and bus or what??
Had dinner at CA Grill last nite. Sat by the window. It is a hike back to the resorts. Never realized how much distance there is… Actually the walk from MK to Contemporary is a pretty good one too.
Not sure if this started Monday 1 Aug as technically that was the first day and there were EMH from Midnite to 3am 1 Aug
Frank

cr-blt is the only resort you can walk to from mk. the walkway doesn’t connect to the others…

from ttc, you can walk to the poly and gf (not sure if the construction walls are blocking the path or not)

there are also the boats that go rom the mk to the resorts. i think they are remaining on a normal schedule…

I am wondering if the monorail change has to do with the cost of energy. The part of the nuclear reactor that supplies a good part of central FLA has been off line for a year or so now (repairs). IIRC Disney had to cut their power usage or pay more per WATT while the reactor was down.

At MK now
On the resort monorail from TTC to MK.
announcement on the leg of the trip from GF to MK station about Monorsil service stopping at 1am even though MK will have EMH to 3am. Announcement said busses will be available.
At the Mk station i Asked a Monorail CM directly about this. He said busses will be availBke from MK directly to resorts.
Frank

So are they not running the main ferry to TTC at all during EMH? Just wondering how the DTD, Bonnet Creek & SoG resort guests will be returing since WDW doesn’t allow their buses at MK (or EP either).

Cm mentioned the ferry will be running.
Frank

Thx Frank:happy:

Why is the SoG bus not a Disney bus??
Frank

I’ve been waiting to see how that part of the transportation system would be hit by the change. I guess anyone for SoG has to hope the bosts are running to get to the TTC and then the bus from there to SoG.

[QUOTE=chris24;1086052]cr-blt is the only resort you can walk to from mk. the walkway doesn’t connect to the others…

from ttc, you can walk to the poly and gf (not sure if the construction walls are blocking the path or not)

there are also the boats that go rom the mk to the resorts. i think they are remaining on a normal schedule…[/QUOTE]

Guests are NOT encouraged to walk between Contemporary and TTC and of course there is no bridge over the MK service canal that would complete the walkway to the GF.

I’d be nearly certain they just add a bus or two to handle the monorail loop after 1 AM (or 2 hours after park close on any EMH evening).

I’d say if they’ve cut the monorail, odds are great they’ve cut the boats too, and that’s going to stink for guests at WL and FW if they have. Then again, it only takes a crew of two of three to operate the large boats and only one for the small boats and they can pull individual boats during the day if needed.
After all, they can get by with three small boats and two big boats while the monorails are the heavy haulers.

And what about the ferries? Do they run until an hour after EMH park closing?

[QUOTE=fjs08;1086075]Why is the SoG bus not a Disney bus??
Frank[/QUOTE]

They don’t pay like Swolfin does. But being onsite they still gets EMH perks. That they do have to pay for. It’s all a contract game and what Disney brings to the table to allow.
SoG has their own fleet and runs on an actual schedule. If they say 10 till the hour they will be there/leave at 10 till the hour.

btw, to get back from EP a WDW bus will run to TTC. Guests can transfer to their respective transportations from there if not taking a direct resort WDW bus.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1086085]

And what about the ferries? Do they run until an hour after EMH park closing?[/QUOTE]

“Cm mentioned the ferry will be running.
Frank”

>>I’d say if they’ve cut the monorail, odds are great they’ve cut the boats too, <,

Took the Express Monorail back to the TTC just now. Talked w a few more Monorail CM’s.
They confirmed that

1. monorail service will cease tomorrow morning at 1am even though there are EMH until 3am.
  2. Busses will make the loop “like the monorail does” from the MK to the Contemporary, to Poly then GF. I didn’t ask if it stops at the TTC.
  3. the ferry will be running
  4. boats will be running/CM’s from MK to the GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge
    They have signs up too as you enter the down ramp from the MK Monorail station basically saying monorails will stop 1 hour after the normal park closing.
    Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1086075]Why is the SoG bus not a Disney bus??
Frank[/QUOTE]

SoG, unlike the Swan and Dolphin, don’t participate in Disney Transport, so SoG has its own buses. Unfortunately, they allow only Disney Transport vehicles into the MK bus station. This forces SoG to operate a shuttle from TTC for MK guests.

>>SoG<<

Huh??/ I thought SoG WAS a Disney resort.
Obviously not. What’s the “deal”
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1086092]>>I’d say if they’ve cut the monorail, odds are great they’ve cut the boats too, <,

Took the Express Monorail back to the TTC just now. Talked w a few more Monorail CM’s.
They confirmed that

1. monorail service will cease tomorrow morning at 1am even though there are EMH until 3am.
  2. Busses will make the loop “like the monorail does” from the MK to the Contemporary, to Poly then GF. I didn’t ask if it stops at the TTC.
  3. the ferry will be running
  4. boats will be running/CM’s from MK to the GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge
    They have signs up too as you enter the down ramp from the MK Monorail station basically saying monorails will stop 1 hour after the normal park closing.
    Frank[/QUOTE]

This all makes sense and if they provide frequent enough buses, at that time of night, it shouldn’t been much of a disruption at all.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1086095]>>SoG<<

Huh??/ I thought SoG WAS a Disney resort.
Obviously not. What’s the “deal”
Frank[/QUOTE]

Disney sold The Golf Resort to the Department of Defense after DoD had been renting it for an extended period. SoG is basically an R&R resort for servicemen, vets, certain DoD civilian employees, and their families (and friends:wink:).
They’ve got a really interesting rate card, as in, the lower your rank, the less you pay:heart:. (Sorry, they don’t have a thumbs up emoticon).

>>This all makes sense and if they provide frequent enough buses, at that time of night, it shouldn’t been much of a disruption at all.<<
I have to agree. Still not sure WHY they are cutting resort monorail service to those who literally bought into the Monorail resorts for the benefit of having the Monorail at their disposal.
I’m not buying into the, “we need more time to service the monorails” concept.
I can’t imagine 2 more hours would make a difference and I doubt they work on ALL the monorails anyway on a nightly basis.
I know if I had the choice between having one less on the line daily so it can be in for servicing vs not having any service, I’d opt for 1 less on the line.
Frank

>>They’ve got a really interesting rate card<,

Who is eligible?? Only current Active and/or retired, or can you stay there if you served at all??

Frank