Monorail Evacutation

Epcot Monorail Evacuated. No injuries reported. Disney has this down to a science. Very impressed with the job they have done on what could have been a bad situation. http://t.co/cqSPnTW6LA

While Disney can’t help the fact that this happened, I am surprised that they don’t have some sort of emergency way to open up a small window for circulation. If the comments made by riders are correct, no power means no air circulation inside the closed up car, and several people became quite ill with the heat. I know they worked as fast as they could, but I can’t tolerate stuffy hot enclosed areas…and I would be physically sick with out even hot air moving around. Just hope it never happens to me… :blush:

There are very small windows that open at both ends of each car. Real small. And most people haven’t got a clue they’re even there. They’re a bit like the side vent windows cars used to have and they open inwards.

You should see all of the dumb comments in the CNN comment section for this story.
Most people are whining that this story shouldn’t even have been reported because nothing really happened and nobody was hurt. Of course, it’s pretty obvious these people have never been to WDW in the first place or they’re just haters.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919093159]There are very small windows that open at both ends of each car. Real small. And most people haven’t got a clue they’re even there. They’re a bit like the side vent windows cars used to have and they open inwards.

You should see all of the dumb comments in the CNN comment section for this story.
Most people are whining that this story shouldn’t even have been reported because nothing really happened and nobody was hurt. Of course, it’s pretty obvious these people have never been to WDW in the first place or they’re just haters.[/QUOTE]

…I am going to look for those windows next time!!! lol
Just so I know where they are…:laugh:

Reedy Creek that’s all you can say and yes preparations for such incidences

You want dumb comments…you should read some of the comments on the facebook post on the farce post showing Steven Spielburg in front of a “dead” dino on the movie set. “I’ll never watch his movies again.” I’m sure BHO and GB were blamed as well as evil big oil which would actually be funny because without all those dead dinos we’d all be riding bikes. :laugh:

Monorails are not a pleasant place to be when it’s hot and you’re stuck with several thousand of your parkmates anyway. But take away the AC that just stinks. :tongue:

We were on the Monorail one time, stopped at MK and it wouldn’t go for about 25 minutes. They had the doors open, and it still got very stuffy in there. Definitely felt bad for the people stuck, but I agree, the comments made makes me believe that everyone has been secretly drugged from our enemies all these years that has totally eliminated common sense. I’m pretty positive they got all the equipment out there in a rushed state. You just don’t sit around in front of a cherry picker waiting for this one in every couple of years emergency to happen. Really, I’m impressed that by the time they got the call and got the emergency personnel and equipment to the location, that it really could have taken a lot longer than it did.

In central Florida lightening happens…a lot in the summer. We have a big storm predicted for this afternoon and even bigger tomorrow afternoon.

Last night I was driving to a meeting and as I drove east it was one lighting strike after another along the horizon. I wanted to take a video but I was driving. It was really something beautiful, giant dark wall cloud going north to south with the top of it brilliantly light by the setting sun, lighting jumping around in the cloud wall and raining down lighting bolts every few seconds. It was amazingly beautiful.

Love Florida.

[QUOTE=tigger;1919093170]In central Florida lightening happens…a lot in the summer. We have a big storm predicted for this afternoon and even bigger tomorrow afternoon.

Last night I was driving to a meeting and as I drove east it was one lighting strike after another along the horizon. I wanted to take a video but I was driving. It was really something beautiful, giant dark wall cloud going north to south with the top of it brilliantly light by the setting sun, lighting jumping around in the cloud wall and raining down lighting bolts every few seconds. It was amazingly beautiful.

Love Florida.[/QUOTE]

we had the same experience a couple of years ago and we sat on our patio and enjoyed natures show and we were pleased to learn the following morning that there was no damage or injuries