More parking fees :(

Just received this from SoG staff earlier today when inquireing about a rumor i’d heard about being charge $14 for parking. What tha…

You as a Shades of Green guest do not have to pay for parking for the Magic Kingdom park, due to Shades of Green being a Magic Kingdom Resort. When it comes to the other 3 Major Theme parks on Disney Property you do have to pay for parking.

Oh yea, let’s all jump in our cars that are already being charged a $5 per day fee just to park there, then drive next door to TTC lot so we can catch the tram to the monorail. That makes a whole lot of sense, esp when a SoG bus goes to TTC every 20min or you could walk to the Poly in 10 to catch the rail.:huh:

Not sure if this is a Disney cutback or what but getting free park parking from staying inside the park has always been a major perk. If that’s gone, why not stay off-site for less. Only other 2 perks i’m aware of by staying there other than being close is EMH and package delivery. cheesh

When you stay at Swan and Dolphin (and the Universal 3) you get charged a hefty fee for overnight parking, even if you are a registered guest. Swan and Dolphin guests are(were) supposed to also get free parking at the parks, but I can’t recall ever being given a pass for the Disney lots and Universal guests really have no need to move their cars once they are on property because they can either walk from park to hotel (walkways that don’t cross roads!) or take the boats that shuttle between Citywalk and the hotels and once in Citywalk, you are about equidistant to both parks’ entrances.
But my experience tells me that I’d rather be inside the borders of WDW than outside because extra travel time is always involved in getting from hotel to park, and that extra time is priceless. And EMH is also priceless, especially the evening ones.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1028788]Just received this from SoG staff earlier today when inquireing about a rumor i’d heard about being charge $14 for parking. What tha…

Oh yea, let’s all jump in our cars that are already being charged a $5 per day fee just to park there, then drive next door to TTC lot so we can catch the tram to the monorail. That makes a whole lot of sense, esp when a SoG bus goes to TTC every 20min or you could walk to the Poly in 10 to catch the rail.:huh:

Not sure if this is a Disney cutback or what but getting free park parking from staying inside the park has always been a major perk. If that’s gone, why not stay off-site for less. Only other 2 perks i’m aware of by staying there other than being close is EMH and package delivery. cheesh[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way you get to stay at a gorgeous, exclusive resort for less. That’s a perk all in itself.

Well if people would stop reusing their resort mugs trip after trip…

duck

Gorgeous, yes. Exclusive, eh…no biggie. Less, not really. Condo/house rentals for a week are cheaper. Guess 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.:blush:

SG, agree but don’t. In all the years we’ve done EMH we’ve only done the PM once, and that was our last trip. If we do them it’s usually the AM, and that perk I do enjoy. Matter of fact that and parking are the only deciding factors for me to choose that resort. Right now rooms at Swolfin cost the same, POR are less, as is DTD hotels even with resort fees.
As for time saved- sometimes not so much so. Their buses run on a strict schedule and the fact that there’s a TTC bus every 20 is great if going to Epcot, or if you don’t want to take the 10-15 min walk to the Poly to go to MK. But the other parks buses don’t run but every 45-60 min. Others may vouch that it’s much less but i’ve watched as one pulled out and another didn’t arrive till 45 min later. You miss your bus, or worse-it fills before you get on you’ve blown an hour.
Not trying to sound petty but $19 (both park & resort) a day for something that was once free really irks me. Now I know how DVC feels with their recent loss of a perk (parking) that was once incl yet now gone.
And for the record, I don’t like paying those ridiculous parking fees at other theme parks either.

[QUOTE=tigger;1028806]Well if people would stop reusing their resort mugs trip after trip…

duck[/QUOTE]

Now that doesn’t even make sense. How would I be able to get something to drink while i’m pool-hopping if I didn’t practice eco-friendly reduce/reuse. :happy:

Swan and Dolphin guests do get free parking at the parks. You show your room card at the gate.

Or at least that was true as of last year. Perhaps it will change now too.

[QUOTE=ddoll;1028812]Swan and Dolphin guests do get free parking at the parks. You show your room card at the gate.

Or at least that was true as of last year. Perhaps it will change now too.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know that, but when I’ve stayed at Swolphin, I never moved the car.
It does make sense and it does save a few trees.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Naughty girl.

Maybe staying at one of the Moderates may be a better option for you in the future. If you don’t use the other perks at SOG and they make you now pay for parking, I dont’ see the point in staying there at all then. POFQ/POR is perfect…

Thank you Dana, and yes that will be a def consideration on future visits. I’ve never been one to shell out lots of $ for 4 walls to watch my clothes all day while i’m out n about having fun.
If I didn’t have several rooms already booked with our group of 17i’d scrap those plans and switch over, but no way am I going to start over now. To much time invested into these plans.

Check out CSR as well. At least you will still have queen beds and newly renovated rooms.

If we keep announcing that CSR is the only mod with queens, I might not be able to get a room in my favorite section next time!

Buzz does CSR sleep 5? 2 real adults & 3 Disney adults:happy:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1028965]Buzz does CSR sleep 5? 2 real adults & 3 Disney adults:happy:[/QUOTE]Only if you get a suite, two rooms or one of the kids is under 3.

I’m not sure where SOG is but that really seems to be your problem. You should invest some more time into other resorts were you can find the bus system really helpful. Now CSR is a very good bus friendly resort to stay and you may not even need to ever move your car or worry about paying parking fees. Also not to be mean or anything but you do sound like you just want something to complain about in a system that is always changing in these bad times. Perks will increase in time but for now we all have to make due. Lastly, I do agree with the other gentlemen in the fact that people reuse there mugs from vacation to vacation is extremely annoying. Now if you buy your mug at the start of every vacation and use them at other pool now that is a different thing cause at least you bought a new one but using them over and over vacation after vacation is retarded.

Wow I have never been called a gentlemen before :redface:

(SOG is shades of green. A resort for military, current and retired.)

SoG across the street from Poly.
And my complaint is somewhat a legitimate one in that if a change is made in fees and/or perks it should be noted upon booking or at least a courtesy email notification with conformation, which neither weren’t. I found out by accident from a poster on another board then verified info. Had they mentioned this I would’ve immediately switched to POR which would be cheaper before putting in the many hours planning for our group which btw will now have an addtl $200 added to the budget that wasn’t put in. When scouts take trips they have to have accurate budgets for funds raised in what they do.
I posted this also to help others staying there in the future for their planning.