Motion sickness

I recently discovered that I am prone to motion sickness has anyone tried taking motion sickness medication before going on the rides and does it seem to work

There is a patch you can get your Dr. to prescribe 4u.It works really good.Put it on behind your ear before you leave and make sure u change it every 3-4 days.

I have friends who take medicine when they know they’re going to be going on rides and it does seem to help them a lot. It is certainly worth a shot!

My father takes Dramamine (I think that’s how you spell it:pinch:) He never complains once he takes it.

It seems I’m pretty solid when it comes to the most extreme rides, especially the rides in WDW.
There is one time I did get sick as a dog, but I was bluefishing off Belmar and I got horribly seasick. I took Dramamine too late to do any good and wound up tossing dinner in the head.

Just watch sometimes some of the pills make you tired. That wouldn’t be good. As an FYI, I was told by my kids that the RnR coaster, the left side is a “better” ride. First few times we rode it, I rode there and got vertigo really really bad. Now DH gets in the coaster first, I sit on the Right side and I don’t get it. Something to try anyways.

That is something to consider. Most anti-nausea pills (they’re mostly antihistamines) will slow you down a little and WDW is a high-energy vacation. Never used it but the suggestion for the patch is probably good. It gives you a steady dose so you don’t get the “blah” effect.

I just stay off the few rides that make me sick. Sometimes the pills are worse.

I’d be careful with pills…you want to enjoy yourself at Disney! :frowning:

Have you tried the old ‘magnetic’ wrist bracelet? I’m not big on motion sickness to begin with, but I got something similiar from a healthy travel agency once. Not sure if it really works, but I think that’d be a SAFER venue to try, without putting any drugs in your body.

My DH gets motion sickness very easily. Before we went this past August I went on AllEars.net and printed out the “motion sickness ratings” for all the rides in all of the parks. It was a life saver; he has it so bad that he even has problems with the Carousel of Progress.

Most sensible solution. Dramamine does work - but it can also make you so drowsy, you won’t enjoy yourself anyway.

I take Dramamine in the morning when I know I am going to be on the rides with my DD. It comes in a less drowsy version that I don’t get tired from & I only take 1 tablet. It does put a stop to my motion sickeness from even starting.

[QUOTE=Screever;935359]I’d be careful with pills…you want to enjoy yourself at Disney! :

I totally agree!

Duct tape!

… hee hee sorry…

Seriously, I am good as long as I stay off the Teacups.

They have motion sickness bracelets: One Step Ahead Baby - Motion Sickness Relief Bands
Those particular ones are for kids, but you get the idea.

Not sure if they work, because I have never suffered from motion sickness from rides. But, I do know that when I had a bit of vertigo, the motion sickness pills do make me extremely sleepy.

EDIT: I just found these on that same website (I order from them all the time): One Step Ahead Baby - Queasy Pop Kids!
It says those lollipops are non-drowsy too!

Either one of those things might work for adults too.

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;936607]They have motion sickness bracelets: One Step Ahead Baby - Motion Sickness Relief Bands
Those particular ones are for kids, but you get the idea.

Not sure if they work, because I have never suffered from motion sickness from rides. But, I do know that when I had a bit of vertigo, the motion sickness pills do make me extremely sleepy.

EDIT: I just found these on that same website (I order from them all the time): One Step Ahead Baby - Queasy Pop Kids!
It says those lollipops are non-drowsy too!

Either one of those things might work for adults too.[/QUOTE]

These sound great, as I have to agree, the motion sickness tabs can make you so sleepy and groggy they really can make you feel worse than being on a ride/ travelling.
Let us know though if you do find a solution that works, its always useful to know for future reference.

:blow:I take the “Less Drowsey Dramamine” and it works well for me. I get bad motion sickness on planes and in cars too. I also avoid attractions that I know will make me sick such as Astro-Orbitor and Mission Space.:blow:

DH and I both get motion sick extremely easily. We’ve never had a problem at Disney, but we stay off the stuff that we know will get us. We did go on a cruise though and took Bonine the whole time…every morning and every night. We didn’t have any motion problems and it didn’t make us sleepy at all. It seems to be a better alternative to Dramamine, which we love, but does make us sleepy.

Also, remember Mission Space has the “non-spinning” version that shouldn’t make you sick. (That’s the one my DW and DD’s ride).