Motorized carts

My dad just got hurt and we are going to be going to disney in about a month. He will not be able to walk so I need some help! I wanted to rent a motorized cart. Disney said the have them per park (of coruse not guaranteed to be there if you park hop!) and you can get a wheel chair that you push from your resort that can go anywhere. I am NOT doing that again. I did that in the middle of august one year for my mom and Epcot is the WORST park to push! Does anyone have any advise for cart rentals that i don’t have to fight at EVERY park for one?

HELP!

Thanks everyone!

There are actually several companies that will deliver a “hoveround” to your resort for you for the week’s rental. Disney apparently rents them too.

Here are some links:
Disney:
Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Offsite:
Mobility Scooter Rental Orlando, Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

You may want to take him to your local Wal Mart or such to let him practice before you go. Not to be rude but some people rent those carts and then cannot drive them. My DH was pinned up against a condiment bar one year by a lady who lost control of her cart:ohmy:. And my DH is NOT a small person. We laugh about it now but if it had been a child and not DH they could have been seriously injured. Depending on your Dad he may enjoy getting the hang of their operation before trying to navigate through the crowds at WDW.

Good luck!! I know I have seen a bunch of the rental carts while in WDW but I have no idea how much they cost to rent.

We rented an EVC for my husband in January; we rented from Walker Mobility. The scooter was waiting for us at BWV when we arrived, fully charged and ready to go. We charged the battery at night in our room and never had any problems. The people at Walker were friendly, professional, and very helpful. If his health issues don’t improve, we will definitely rent from the same company in October.

Mom used Walker also. They are great to deal with. Jumped off Magical Express, went to Bell services and there it is waiting for you. I like the suggestion of practicing also. Mom used hers all over the resort before attempting the parks, as it does take a little practice to get use to it. Just remind him to use the “turtle” speed whenever going near a tight space, or loading onto a bus or boat.

[QUOTE=Dawn;1028562]You may want to take him to your local Wal Mart or such to let him practice before you go. Not to be rude but some people rent those carts and then cannot drive them. My DH was pinned up against a condiment bar one year by a lady who lost control of her cart:ohmy:. And my DH is NOT a small person. We laugh about it now but if it had been a child and not DH they could have been seriously injured. Depending on your Dad he may enjoy getting the hang of their operation before trying to navigate through the crowds at WDW.

Good luck!! I know I have seen a bunch of the rental carts while in WDW but I have no idea how much they cost to rent.[/QUOTE]

Also some people with those carts are very rude. We had a lady beeping her horn and yelling at us and everyone around us to get out of her way. It was at EPCOT and the park was closing, 1000’s of people trying to get out and she was not letting anyone slow her down. Those units should only be able to travel at an average walking pace.