MouseBuzz teams with Kiva! Join in our group

I am proud to announce that MouseBuzz has teamed with Kiva. For those who do not know, Kiva is the leading MicroFinance charity around. They facilitate zero interest loans for entrepreneurs in third world countires, typically in Africa, Asia and Central/South America.

In a nutshell, you find an entepreneur who you like and then you loan them money through Kiva. You can loan as little as $25, but as much as you want. I try to do a lot of $25 loans, and spread things around a bit. Borrowers have a set amount they are looking for, and once that is full, the money is funded to the borrower.

Over the life of the loan, which is typically 6 - 12 months, the borrower pays back monthly payments, which are then credited to your account. You can then withdraw the money, or keep them in your account to loan out again. Please note, there is some risk that the borrower may disappear and not pay the loan back, but it is really tough to find anything like that ever happening.

I have created a special MouseBuzz Group page, where our members can join into our “lending group”. Please take a few minutes to discover Kiva, and if you feel like this might be something for you, go ahead and sign up and join our group.

About Kiva

Honestly, this is a great way to help out others, and you get your money back, so no loss on your part.

MouseBuzz Group Page

Thanks again everyone, please let me know if you have any questions.

Beat ya to it. I am a big time banker. :biggrin:

It’s a pretty cool group. It’s amazing how much a little bit of money can change the life of people.

I’ve heard about Kiva before but never had a chance it check it out. I love this idea, it’s wonderful, even though I wouldn’t really expect any money back.

Ah yes, I have heard of them and I think this is a great idea. Let’s see what we can do :cool:

:angry::cool::blink::wub::heart:09huh.9.:redface::heart::wub::cool:.

Say wha’???

:laugh: why is there an angry face? :laugh:

Hmmm, I’ll have to check it out.

I have a three $25 “loans” out there. As they get repaid, you just loan the money to somebody else.

Most of the people are looking for loans of $300-1000 which is repaid over time a few bucks a month. When I get a total of $25 back I make another loan. Kiva combines the $25 loans into the total the applicants are looking to borrow.

I’ve loaned money to purchase fishing gear and buy supplies.

Oh wow this is cool. :wub:

I am so proud of Mousebuzz!:happy: I learned about Kiva several years ago after hearing Bill Clinton speak of it and immediately checked it out. What an inspiration it is. We’ve invested in some ladies in Africa!:happy:

I was just looking back to find a previous post and found this. I must have leaned on the laptop the wrong way, unknowingly! Too funny!

Yes well, there was a big buzz behind the scenes about that. How much wine did you have at the time of that post? :tongue:

:ohmy:Unfortunately not too much, I was still nursing then so I don’t know what the heck happened! What kind of buzz? :huh:

Pay no attention to her - she’s just Dopey.

I can take it, I have no idea where all that gurgle came from!

Hey that’s great!
OH wait, that was 2 years ago. Silly me.

yes well, I wonder how much was donated :laugh:

[QUOTE=roxie;1023869]Hey that’s great!
OH wait, that was 2 years ago. Silly me.[/QUOTE]

Holy moly!

Is this a zombie thread?