Mousekeeping Tips is this enough?

Hi I was back reading the old threads and I think I am ok here, but just wanted some recent opinions.
I was planning to tip Mousekeeping $5/day for the 3 of us. Do you think that is enough? I was going to leave it each day in an envelope for them and then maybe on the final day a slightly larger tip ($10?) if the service was good.
What do you think? Does that sound ok?
Just adding the final touches to our budget for when we are there. Not much longer now. :wub:

Absolutely! I think that is a good amount. Like U said… if they are extra special to U… you can reward them at the end.

Sounds just fine–you will probably be rewarded with extra towel critters!

That sounds good to me. That’s about what I leave for the mousekeepers when I am at WDW.

Not necessarily :pinch: :pinch: Gave a Lincoln each day and the only thing we got was more and more water glasses until we had so many, I had to park them in front of the room :dry:

:laugh: I think it depends on how lucky you are with who cleans the room - there are towel sculptors and (evidently) water glass leavers.

Anyway, $5.00 is a very appropriate and generous tip.

we did ten dollers per day for five people and never got one single towel critter . the :frown: room was cleaned ok nothing extra.

I hadn’t even remembered to stick money back for this! we did the timeshare last time, so just one at the end was needed. forgot all about the daily thing!

thanks for the reminder! gotta get some envelopes ready!

$5 is very respectable, IMO.

And it is a good idea to leave the tip every day. You might not have the same mousekeepers for your entire stay.

The rule is $1 per day per person. It’s only me and my DD, but I usually leave 5…five is fair. If the work is not so good, I would only leave the minimum…rare occurance…the mousekeepers are fantastic.

I think $5 is a nice tip and if they do a really good job and include towel animals give a little more. To be honest I think most people don’t leave anything.

I have never heard of the water glass leavers before. I must have been their guinea pig for a new service they were trying to implement at the resorts.

I wonder if that ever came to be or if they ran out of water glasses and scrapped the idea:closedeye

Yep I do $5/day too . . . altho, never thought about doing it daily, I always leave at the end . . . good point about not being the same mousekeeper!

I am such a cheapie. I try to tip everyday but sometimes I forget. Although I noticed on our last trip we had different mousekeepers everyday (almost) and we got a few towel animals but ironically it was the day we didn’t tip. Our Mousekeeper must of been having a good day.

I am such a cheapie. I try to tip everyday but sometimes I forget. Although I noticed on our last trip we had different mousekeepers everyday (almost) and we got a few towel animals but ironically it was the day we didn’t tip. Our Mousekeeper must of been having a good day.

I tip $5 a day for the two of us and our room is never a mess to start with. However, I tip all at once on the day we’re leaving, as I’m sure many guests, and most people who are also cruisers do. I guess it might be a little unfair, but also, there’s a strong chance that the maids have to pool most of the tips together and then it’s split between the whole group.
Animals and tips seem to have nothing to do with one another.

Thanks for all the help. I think I am going to do the $5/day. Seems like everyone agrees that is a good amount.
I read somewhere…DIS maybe?..that not all Mousekeepers can do the towel animals and that they actually have to make them on their own time. True? Maybe? I don’t know. Maybe this explains why some get 'em and some don’t. And some just get extra water glasses…lol.

There’s no guarantee that you’ll get a towel animal no matter how much you tip. So don’t be disappointed if you don’t get any. The mousekeepers do make the animals on their own. Some know how to make them and others don’t. I’ve heard that at Pop they sometimes have a towel animal display and it seems like those that stay in the value resorts have mousekeepers more apt to make towel animals.

Sounds generous/appropriate to me! I have budgeted $3/day for DH and myself (no kids). I think my Dad (big tipper) normally left $6-$7 a day for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) in the 1990’s.

I must be a cheapie too…I think we did $20 at the end of a week with 3 people. But we only got towel animals one day and were very neat, the worst she had to do was make the beds and take out the trash with dirty diapers everyday! :huh:

Prezcatz Paul