Mr. Fredricksen

Does this character ever appear in the parks? The reason I ask is he is the spitting image (IMO) of my wife’s deceased Grandfather. And my wife adores the character.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/attachments/games-trivia/44384d1244770238-i-look-like-disney-character-grandpapup-.jpg

oh WOW. He DOES look like him! That’s incredible! I’ve seen pictures of a character greeting with him and Dug but I’m not sure where or if he even still does. I’m sure someone here knows I just had to comment on the uncanniness of that comparison! I’m still shocked by it! :laugh:

Last August, Mr. Fredrickson was with Dug in the Animator’s Studio at Hollywood Studios. I LOVE the comparison pic with your DW’s grandfather. That is precious! I love that movie, and I bet it is extra special to your wife.

Thank you both for the comparison comments.

She cried almost the whole time we watched the movie. She was very close to him. He was very nice man.

Carl is now at DAK with Dug! He left Studios so Lotso could take over the Animation building!

That is Disney’s Animal Kingdom correct?:redface: And thank you. Any particular location?

Shoot. I forgot to ask this also. Does anybody know if Disney sells Carl Fredricksen figures? My wife would love to have one.

That is an amazing comparison!

I feel for your wife. I cried at the beginning of the movie and that’s without the similarity to a loved-one.

Good luck finding what you are looking for. We’re going to be in WDW in 12 days, so I’ll keep my eyes open for Mr. Frederickson figures when we are there and report back if I find one!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1036482]That is an amazing comparison!

I feel for your wife. I cried at the beginning of the movie and that’s without the similarity to a loved-one.

Good luck finding what you are looking for. We’re going to be in WDW in 12 days, so I’ll keep my eyes open for Mr. Frederickson figures when we are there and report back if I find one![/QUOTE]

Great. We’re headed down in Sept for our 25th so if you find one, let me know.

It’s as if a Disney artist looked at a picture of your wife’s grandfather and drew Mr. Fredrickson!! I’m sure this character is close to her heart :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh the resemblance is uncanny. Good luck in finding him. Please post if you do. We are going in October and my kids would love to see Dug.

We can’t watch the movie without being reminded of him. It’s amazing. Aside from the bow tie, everything about him is spot on. I found images of the park character and my wife has told me she will cry if she sees him. He passed away in '98. He was in his early 90’s.

So can I assume from this post that my wife doesn’t stand a snowballs chance in …Florida:biggrin: of seeing Carl Fredrickson?:frown:

Any cast members care to chime in and give me a ray of hope?

Wow - amazing likeness! That got me to thinking - have we ever done a Disney character lookalike thread here? It might be fun because I just bet that there are a lot of similar instances with people looking like a character. Posting pics of each would be cool

I’ve got to dig into this thread and read all the posts, but the only thing from Up I have ever seen anywhere were talking Dugs. There was one available in Disney parks last summer and fall and there was a different Dug available at Best Buy only when Up was released on home video.
I’ve never seen anything else anywhere.

OMIGOSH! That is amazing!! You should send that into Disney. I loved Mr. Fredricksen.

I was really fixated on having my picture taken with Dug, until I saw Dug.
Personally, I didn’t think his costume was well executed. Most characters look as good in person as they do on the screen, but once in a while, everyone is bound to have a miss.
I was trying to track down info on Carl Fredricksen and from what I could find, it looks like none of the Up characters are still appearing in any park.
It is possible that they are still in Animal Kingdom as Rowdy reported that they were a 6 weeks ago, but I just can’t find what looks like the most recent official information.

I’m thinking AK (probably) or HS (maybe). Thanks for the help.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/games-trivia/50827-i-look-like-disney-character.html

:biggrin:

[QUOTE=disney1;1042444]http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/games-trivia/50827-i-look-like-disney-character.html

:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Disney1:
I guess great minds think alike! :mickey: