Muffaletta at POFQ?

Has anyone had a muffaletta sandwich at POFQ recently?
I’m wondering how they compare to a traditional New Orleans muffaletta.

Thanks!
:mickey:

Me Toooooo… :heart: me some Muffy’s.

I can’t imagine that anything at Disney World is an authentic version of the real thing. I’m not putting down Disney World … it’s tough to re-create things. I can vouch for the fact that the so-called Philly Cheesesteak on several of the menus is nothing like a real Philly cheesesteak.

And there’s nothing about the BoardWalk area or the Cape May Cafe that’s truly like their namesakes.

But the Philly cheesesteaks in WDW are still good. The BoardWalk area and Cape May Cafe are fine places. And the beignets and muffalettas are good at POFQ. As long as you take them all on their own merits and don’t try to compare them to the originals.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1065808]I can’t imagine that anything at Disney World is an authentic version of the real thing. I’m not putting down Disney World … it’s tough to re-create things. I can vouch for the fact that the so-called Philly Cheesesteak on several of the menus is nothing like a real Philly cheesesteak.

And there’s nothing about the BoardWalk area or the Cape May Cafe that’s truly like their namesakes.

But the Philly cheesesteaks in WDW are still good. The BoardWalk area and Cape May Cafe are fine places. And the beignets and muffalettas are good at POFQ. As long as you take them all on their own merits and don’t try to compare them to the originals.[/QUOTE]

I agree, regional foods can’t be duplicated exactly, but it would be great if the muffaletta was close!

I have never tried it…seen it there every time I have stayed there and just haven’t tried it for some reason. It may be because I hate new things and it doesn’t look good to me…maybe I’ll step out of the box I live in when it comes to food and try it…

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1065808]I can’t imagine that anything at Disney World is an authentic version of the real thing. I’m not putting down Disney World … it’s tough to re-create things. I can vouch for the fact that the so-called Philly Cheesesteak on several of the menus is nothing like a real Philly cheesesteak.

[/QUOTE]

Well a real truly authentic Philly cheesesteak needs to be made with rib eye like at Geno’s and Pat’s although I’ll forgo the “wizz” in favor of sliced provolone.

While we’re at it, that cheesesteak wold go real nice with some potato and cheese pirogi.