Mug pictures

I don’t know if anyone has posted a thread like this, but I was wondering about the 2010 resort mugs. Are they the same as 2009 or are they different? Is it still one general mug, or is it like it used to be with different mugs for different resorts? Wondering if anyone had any 2010 photos.

As of now the mugs are still the same as last year. They usually change them for each year sometime during early summer, as far as I know. They did start using the same mugs throughout the entire DW. It was nice when each resort had its own, but that is no longer the way. I usually keep and eye on MB and allears.net to see if anyone has posted the photos of the latest mugs, but nothing as of yet. If I see anything I will be sure to post it though.

And of course this leads to the great mug debate.
With the same design in use “worldwide”, there is no way to tell if you got the mug there, or even when. The blue and white “Celebration” mugs were in use for at least 2 and a half years before they switched to the red “Celebrate” mugs last year. In many ways, I don’t expect the mugs to change until next year. This is a bottom line issue. Inventory and costs are reduced by doing away with the resort specific mugs and use the same design everywhere. Someone had to do the math and decide that even with reuse abuse, standard mugs are much more cost effective and slippage from reuse amounts to 2 or 3 cents on the dollar, and that that was an acceptable loss, just so long as the majority of guests continue to follow the rules.

I heard they were same as last year

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030174]And of course this leads to the great mug debate.
With the same design in use “worldwide”, there is no way to tell if you got the mug there, or even when. The blue and white “Celebration” mugs were in use for at least 2 and a half years before they switched to the red “Celebrate” mugs last year. In many ways, I don’t expect the mugs to change until next year. This is a bottom line issue. Inventory and costs are reduced by doing away with the resort specific mugs and use the same design everywhere. Someone had to do the math and decide that even with reuse abuse, standard mugs are much more cost effective and slippage from reuse amounts to 2 or 3 cents on the dollar, and that that was an acceptable loss, just so long as the majority of guests continue to follow the rules.[/QUOTE]

They just asked what the mugs looked like this year. Jumping kinda quick into the whole mug mess are we not. Have a little faith that not everyone has alterior motives.

And of course, you jumped in even faster without really reading what I posted, did you?
Ignore the “And of course this leads to the great mug debate” and try reading.

“With the same design in use “worldwide”, there is no way to tell if you got the mug there, or even when. The blue and white “Celebration” mugs were in use for at least 2 and a half years before they switched to the red “Celebrate” mugs last year. In many ways, I don’t expect the mugs to change until next year. This is a bottom line issue. Inventory and costs are reduced by doing away with the resort specific mugs and use the same design everywhere.”

That sure looks like an answer to the opening post question, doesn’t it.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1030263]And of course, you jumped in even faster without really reading what I posted, did you?
Ignore the “And of course this leads to the great mug debate” and try reading.

“With the same design in use “worldwide”, there is no way to tell if you got the mug there, or even when. The blue and white “Celebration” mugs were in use for at least 2 and a half years before they switched to the red “Celebrate” mugs last year. In many ways, I don’t expect the mugs to change until next year. This is a bottom line issue. Inventory and costs are reduced by doing away with the resort specific mugs and use the same design everywhere.”

That sure looks like an answer to the opening post question, doesn’t it.[/QUOTE]

I always get in trouble for this and it is the last time around for me on this post. All I can say is I respect your opinion and stand behind my response.

Dave, we all get in trouble with this topic and pool hopping.
I was seriously thinking about calling an end to this too.

Thanks guys for the info! Didn’t mean to start a big debate. I honestly just wanted to know what the mugs looked like! I appreciate everyone’s opinion. I don’t care either way, I say do what you like and have a good time, it’s vacation!

But I like getting a new mug every year anyway! Gives me an excuse to fill up my shelves with much needed travel coffee mugs for on the go! :slight_smile:

That’s because Dad pays for the mugs!:laugh:

Besides, I use the mug she used last year.