Mug question!

We are thinking of going down a few days early before our DVC reservation and am looking for the cheapest room at a value. Right now it’s at sports or music. Here’s the mug question, I think it’s sports that has the mug with the chip in it, right? Does the mug look the same as all the other mugs? After staying at a value, then we are going to BCV and then AKV. I would feel awkward using a different type of mug at these other resorts.

Oh forget the resort mugs…just bring that “Worlds Greatest Mom” from home.

Have you been looking in my windows…:ninja:

mugs have chips in them now? Are they for eating or taking notes on drinking habits? :angel:

I believe disney is testing (not sure if it’s still going on, but haven’t heard otherwise) a chip that will activate the drink machines at one of all stars. So (a) you can’t bring back the mugs from yrs pass or 7-11 and (b) you can only get a refill every 5 mins or something like that. The disposable cups also have a chip that allows you get refills only for around an hour after you buy the cup.

From what I understand, resort mugs are moving to embedded RFID chips in the base. When you buy them they are activated. Once activate you set them in the dispenser which reads the RFID chip. If the RFID chip is good than it will allow the beverage to be dispensed.

Coke has some really cool new dispensers around some of the Orlando area quick services restaurants (I think Moe’s is one of them by WDW) that has a couple dozen flavors. You put your cup in the dispenser and than pick the flavor(s) you want from a touch screen.

I could see the RFID tech moving towards this type of system…think Cool Station type choices on steroids.

Caught again…drat!

I’m not sure about the chip, but I do know that earlier in the year I saw yellow handles at AKL, but this last time it was noticeable that they didn’t carry that color. When I inquired, the CM at the Mara said they shipped all the yellows to the values. So, if you do purchase a yellow and then move over to AKV, they may think you are bringing it back from a previous trip.

Crazyngly insane.

My momma always told me “If there’s a chip in the mug, throw that one out and get a new one. You don’t want to cut your lip, do you?”

:sleeping:

Most Firehouse Subs also have these.
I really would like to see a lot more of them.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1099568]My momma always told me “If there’s a chip in the mug, throw that one out and get a new one. You don’t want to cut your lip, do you?”

:sleeping:[/QUOTE]

yes, that too. No chips in the china

At the risk of going off topic, Don’t they have the Coke flavor machines in the theater at DTD?

I don’t really use the mugs when we go. Has anyone ever been stopped for using an old mug? Does Disney really have mug police?

I personally think that jo-jo should be labeled a rabble-rouser for even mentioning the word “mug” in a thread.

:pirate::laugh::ph34r:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1099823]I personally think that jo-jo should be labeled a rabble-rouser for even mentioning the word “mug” in a thread.

:pirate::laugh::ph34r:[/QUOTE]

All right… I’ll start.

Are you telling me that I cannot use mugs from a past visit again. I never knew htat.:blow: Hope I don’t get caught.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1099823]I personally think that jo-jo should be labeled a rabble-rouser for even mentioning the word “mug” in a thread.

:pirate::laugh::ph34r:[/QUOTE]

Ok, I confess, I was planning on using a 46 oz PEPSI JUG (it does have a rather nice handle on it :whistling) we had from dorney park 20 yrs ago. I was just testing YOU people to see how honest you are. But without reusing mugs, how else can I afford DVC? Really, next you’ll tell me you’re not suppose to take the towels and pillows home with you too.

See just when I had you convince I’m a nice old grandma, I’m really a soda sipping, pillow slipping, towel whipping thief. :eek:

Now let the posts begin.:laugh:

And I also have a nice bridge to sell too. :ph34r:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1099835]soda sipping, pillow slipping, towel whipping thief. :eek:

[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1099835]Ok, I confess, I was planning on using a 46 oz PEPSI JUG (it does have a rather night handle on it :whistling) we had from dorney park 20 yrs ago. I was just testing YOU people to see how honest you are. But without reusing mugs, how else can I afford DVC? Really, next you’ll tell me you’re not suppose to take the towels and pillows home with you too.

See just when I had you convince I’m a nice old grandma, I’m really a soda sipping, pillow slipping, towel whipping thief. :eek:

Now let the posts begin.:laugh:

And I also have a nice bridge to sell too. :ph34r:[/QUOTE]
:laugh::laugh:

Ummm, some of our guests take my pillows home. I am sending the pillow police

Quick question about these “Mugs” that we speak of …
It will not effect the chip in my head, will it ??? Just Asking…