Mugs

are Disney resort mugs annual or length of stay??
Can they be used at more than 1 resort?

Frank

The mugs are good for your length of stay. They all look the same so I see no reason you couldn’t use it at another resort if you are there during that same trip.

DT our CSR mug was from CSR not year of a million dream, I think they are starting to go back to each resort mug now.

That’s great! We are going to AKL in a couple of weeks (yeah!), and love collecting resort mugs. I was disappointed when I heard a while back that all the mugs from all the resorts now look the same…

I hope its going to be per resort now and not YOMD

Does SSR have refillable mugs you can buy? I was wondering because I know that they don’t have much of food court!

YEA! I hope that’s true for all the resorts.

Yes, all the resorts have mugs. There is a quick service place at SSR and it’s not bad. The deluxe resorts don’t have food courts like the mods and values but they offer limited selections.

Actually, the CSR has continued to have their own mug every year. This is because Pepper Market is an outside vendor and they do not use the Disney themed mugs. They have never sold the Year of a Million Dream mugs.

I just got back 2 days ago from the Poly. We purchased the mugs. You can only use them for your lenghth of stay BUT you can refill them at any Disney resort, not just your own. But you have to lug them around with you which is a pain. The mugs went up to $13.99 now and they are pretty small.

Were your mugs the YOAMD or were they Poly Mugs?

Wow, no matter how long you’re away, some topics have a way of coming back up over and over. There’s been a lot of debate about this one, but here’s the magical approach:

• Refillable mugs are really meant to be length of stay.
  • While many of the mugs have park-specific or resort specific labelling, they can be refilled anywhere.

… and then there’s the other part of the story…

In theory (and for some, in practice) the mugs can be used on return trips. It’s really up to you if you think this is magical. Disney isn’t exactly inexpensive, so if you feel that you didn’t get full value when you used them the first time, there are no mug police.

Personally, I think the mugs are pretty cool at home and since we’ve never gone back more than twice in a year, I don’t think it’s worth bringing them back over and over. But, to each his own.

:mickey:

One exception to the “length of stay.” The water parks now have a sticker that you buy on a daily basis to activate the fountain. Although, that would allow you to use the same MUG, you’d have to get the second sticker if you went later during your trip.

You’re right, you can reuse your water park mugs. The water park is a little different from your resort mug, you can take those back even the following years and get a new sticker, it’s half the price of a new mug. We’ve been taking our water park mug back for years and always buy a new sticker. You can also use each mug at both water parks by buying a new sticker.

Could have sworn I posted in this thread.
The current rules for mugs you get at hotels are: free refills during your length of stay at your resort only. Not any parks, not other resorts, not other trips, even though it’s all the same mug everywhere you go.
You can all do whatever you want or whatever you think is right. I don’t care. But if you get your wrist slapped for doing it wrong, that’s between you and Disney, just don’t cry to me.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;893099]Could have sworn I posted in this thread.
The current rules for mugs you get at hotels are: free refills during your length of stay at your resort only. Not any parks, not other resorts, not other trips, even though it’s all the same mug everywhere you go.
You can all do whatever you want or whatever you think is right. I don’t care. But if you get your wrist slapped for doing it wrong, that’s between you and Disney, just don’t cry to me.[/QUOTE]

Well put, Doug.

They were the regular Walt Disney World Refillable mugs not the Poly mugs. We refilled them at the Poly and over at the Contempory one day also. When we bought them at the Poly, the cashier told us we could refill them at any Disney resort so we should take them with us if we are going to another resort. I heard several workers repeat this to new vacationers who were purchasing the mugs as well.

I wonder what they’ll do in January… the mugs we got in August…didn’t say YOAMD (even though the characters on the mug were in those costumes). They just said Walt Disney World Where Dreams Come True. I wonder if they’ll continue using these ones b/c it’s be cheaper for them to produce (although I really hope they go back to resort mugs…I want a collection and so far only have the Poly one!)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;893099]Could have sworn I posted in this thread.
You can all do whatever you want or whatever you think is right. I don’t care. But if you get your wrist slapped for doing it wrong, that’s between you and Disney, just don’t cry to me.[/QUOTE]

No worries. I won’t cry to you. We were told the new mugs could be filled at any resort as long as it was the same trip.

You’re right! I didn’t pay attention but the mugs we got in April and June are the same ones you have. Not YOAMD, but simply “Where Dreams Come True”.
I’ll bet the mugs we get Sunday are the same, except for handle color.