Muppets coming into the park?

This article says the muppets are coming to MK! :heart:

Hi, ho, everyone: Kermit, Muppets gang to debut in the Magic Kingdom | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

:laugh: Oooohhh man! This makes me excited!

I can’t wait!!

Yet another reason to go back! Yay for the Muppets!

The pre-parade starts this Friday! They’re in rehearsal right now. Can’t wait for you to see Kermit, Ms. Piggy and Sweetums. Their costumes they’re wearing for the parade look hilarious AND amazing!!! Not to mention it is NOT costumed performers as Kermit and Piggy. It is THE REAL Kermit and Piggy muppets that will be here!

Time’s fun when you’re having flies says Kermit the Frog… can’t wait!

Awesome, that’s so exciting.

So Cool, I hope to see them on my next visit.

It will make me smile to see them certainly but I can’t say I am overly excited about this addition. I think the Muppets are still much more loved by you guys in the States than they are in the UK. They are not very big news these days. Not since the 80’s really. Very few and far between in finding them anywhere.

:eek: Wow, so it’s like the puppets? I’m slightly confused…

I love the Muppets. I am so excited.

Question for anyone who has been to WDW lately, are there any Pepe the King Prawn shirts? My husband wants one and I have yet to find any online. We are going in October to WDW and I am wondering if he will be able to find one there.

cant wait to see them on my next visit!!!

Yes, THE actual puppets, er, muppets. They aren’t character performers in costumes. Steve Whitmore, the man who took over puppeteering Kermit when Jim Henson passed away. came and taught our Walt Disney World puppeteers how to be MUPPETeers and use Kermit and Piggy for this performance, which means…THE ACTUAL MUPPETS are in our pre-parade that starts tomorrow! Sweetums, Kermit and Piggy. Sweetums leads the way with dancers while Kermit and Piggy ride in the car.

X Get to see the Muppets
_____ Find a good deal on a resort
_____ Make my next trip official

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1011840]X Get to see the Muppets
_____ Find a good deal on a resort
_____ Make my next trip official[/QUOTE]

hahahaha :laugh:

Yeah!!! I LOVE the Muppets and am excited to see them being used more in another park besides HS.:heart:

[QUOTE=simplytall;1011709]I love the Muppets. I am so excited.

Question for anyone who has been to WDW lately, are there any Pepe the King Prawn shirts? My husband wants one and I have yet to find any online. We are going in October to WDW and I am wondering if he will be able to find one there.[/QUOTE]

I had to go look that up. I never knew what that Muppet’s name was before, but no I have never seen him on a tee shirt. Maybe with the new characters coming they will add him.

Simplytall -

I have seen Pepe on a T-shirt in the Muppets store in Hollywood Studios next to the Muppets 3d attraction.

WOW, that’s so exciting! I think I would scream like a teenaged girl meeting the Beatles back in the day. :laugh: I’ve been a HUGE muppet & Jim Henson fan since I was a little kid.

So wait, it started this past Friday!! Does anyone have pictures? I am dying to see!