MVMCP or not?

I am waffling. I should have just bought the tickets months ago so I wouldn’t be second guessing myself.

This is our first time in WDW during any kind of Christmas decorations - my one goal was to see the castle in lights. We won’t get to experience the Epcot holiday events, but will see Osbourne lights and AK parade, etc. We should be able to see most (if not all) of the resort decorations that are suggested (by you all of course). We have been to MNSSHP twice and loved it the 1st time, not as thrilled but still enjoyed it the 2nd time.

So…do I shell out the extra $250 for MVMCP or save that money for other fun stuff? We have an evening in the plans that we could go.

Honestly, beyond the Christmas parade and Castle show and the unique fireworks show, you could skip it.
It’s not like they’re giving out candy. The hot chocolate is nasty and how many Christmas cookies can you really eat.
You could watch the fireworks from the Poly beach, Sunset Point at the Poly (watch between the two center palm trees), the deck around Narcoossee’s, and the TTC ferry landing.
That is, if money is tight.

For us, it was magical. The girls loved it. We went in to the park at 4pm (you can enter with your MVMCP ticket at that time). The snow was fun and we never even caught the full parade or had the cookies and hot chocolate:-) There are a couple of great shows that go on during the party too that are fun. There were LOT’S of fun mini dance parties with characters that the girls loved and it was not that crowded. For us it was special…perhaps that is because we were seeing it through the eyes of our girls.

I am so excited to hear how your trip goes. For me, I still get all warm and toasty thinking about the way the castle looks with all of those lights…it is spectacular!!! The Osborne lights are AMAZING…you will LOVE that.

I love the Christmas party! We have been twice and still enjoy it. The fireworks are awesome and I love the parade. I have never been to the Halloween party, but I am going this year.

We thought it was fantastic, but our kids were very young when we went, so they were mesmerized by everything, which made it priceless. We coupled it with the character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and couldn’t have been more satisfied with the entire experience. And to top it off, it was uncharacteristically very cold for a late-November night in Orlando, which made the experience all the better and really got everyone into the Christmas spirit.

Sarah, the MVMCP is fun and festive. I think a must do if not only just once. Not sure if know, but the Christmas lights on the castle are on every night, not just nights of the party. That you have to see for sure. If you can afford it, I say go.

I am just torn because the lights on the castle and the decorations will be so exciting for us - is the parade worth the extra money? Like SG said, we could watch the fireworks from Poly beach (can you see them from WL?).

I’m not quite sure when they turn on the castle icicle lights for everyone, but it would make sense that if Osborne is lit and MK decorations are in place, that the icicle lights would be on nightly.
I can’t say one way or the other because I haven’t been to WDW in early November since 1996, and they didn’t even get ready for Christmas in those days until closer to Thanksgiving.
Just logically, it would make sense to light it every night.

I must also add that I have done the Christmas party every year since 2006.

And if you’re bringing kids, those dance parties are fun.
But if you’ve done Halloween parties with kids, you already know if they’ll want to do them or not.

Are the characters in Holiday clothes?

I hate uncertainty, but I am not 100% certain.
Just 94% that they are in seasonal costume.

Don’t go just for the castle lights (these will be on every night) and the parade…that is only PART of it. The characters are in costume and there is a MUCH different feel for the MVMCP than just an ordinary night. It is REALLY fun.

For us it really worked out because we did day tickets (not hopper) so we saved one of our tickets and went to the park early. We were so happy not to miss it…even though we did leave earlier than most.

My family really enjoys the Christmas party! We go to the shows like"Twas" and the one in fron t of the castle whichare only done during the party. The Christmas parade is a lot of fun also. My youngest son was bearnapped by the Country Bears one year. We plan to go this year even though the boys are 17 and 21. This is our last trip as a family before they both will be away at college and I plan to move back home to NY. Life is short and you have to grab the moments while you can!! The kids grow up all to soon and tomorrow is not promised to any of us. I am using the last of my savings to go because I know we will not have this time again.

[QUOTE=Praisegirl43;1093889]
My family really enjoys the Christmas party! We go to the shows like"Twas" and the one in fron t of the castle whichare only done during the party. The Christmas parade is a lot of fun also. My youngest son was bearnapped by the Country Bears one year. We plan to go this year even though the boys are 17 and 21. This is our last trip as a family before they both will be away at college and I plan to move back home to NY. Life is short and you have to grab the moments while you can!! The kids grow up all to soon and tomorrow is not promised to any of us. I am using the last of my savings to go because I know we will not have this time again.[/QUOTE]

I have no opinion on on the Christmas party I just thought your post was really very touching and made me reflect too how quickly the time with our children flies and before we know it we’ve entered another chapter- seize the moments while you can and cherish every one.

For us, it was a MUST do, at least once. There is something extra magical about MVMCP, that is not in the parks during the day. Are the cookies and hot chocolate worth it? NOT. Can not explain it, but for us, I am glad we did it, and will do it again in the future.

Even though you can see the castle lights any night, it only snows on Main St during MVMCP!

If you have never done it, than do it, it is a fun time, hit some rides that are normally crowded. We have done it twice, we are debating on doing it this year.

Go see it once. We like the Halloween party a lot better but its st
ill nice.

No. Unless you have just the right room on the club level floor and it is facing the woods.

Funny thing is, no matter when, hard ticket, EMH, or just very late, Peter Pan always has very long lines.

What’s up with that?:blink:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1094194]Funny thing is, no matter when, hard ticket, EMH, or just very late, Peter Pan always has very long lines.

What’s up with that?:blink:[/QUOTE]

Seriously what is UP WITH THAT?

Go!! The Christmas party is awesome - it’s worth the cost for the parade and fireworks - hot coco and cookies (well not the cookies :laugh:) If you like MNSSHP you’ll like this.

NOTE: if you are going the week before Christmas - save your $$ they do everything they do at the party in the park the week before Christmas. “Snow on Main Street” the 3pm parade becomes the Holiday Parade, and Holiday Wishes every night!