MVMCP question

How does MVMCP work with guests that are in the park during the day and guests that are in the park AND then have tickets for MVMCP?
Does everyone exit the park…its cleared and then those with MVMCP re-enter or what?:huh:

Surely they don’t let those that don’t have tickets stay…like evening extra magic hours… where those that are not staying on resort can wonder around and shop but not SUPPOSED to be able to ride rides.:pinch:

Just wondering… have started talking about a possible Christmas 2010 trip, now that we just got back from 2 weeks at WDW in June… so can’t go THIS Christmas :frown:

Thanks for the info!
Gaylan

When we were there in 2007 for MVMCP we just had to go to the front entrance where they scanned our card and get a wristband. I did not notice anyone in the park without a MVMCP band.

they do not do the wristbands anymore - now they check your roomkey at all the attractions and refreshments - so anyone can stay in the park, but resort guests are the only ones who are allowed to get in the rides…

We’ve gone the last 5 years, and last year was the first year I noticed this change.

The 5 hubs were blocked off with two CMs holding a rope. You had to show them your wristband to get by. They were allowing NON party guest to still shop on Main Street.

We go to the park at 4pm on the day of the event, so we swipe the cards and go through the turnstile and are given a wristband at that time. But there are lines near each of the hubs and they will scan your cards there and give a wristband.

HONESTLY, I don’t like the showing of the room key for extra magic hours, I know it saves money/environment, etc. but it’s a pain to kept your key out all night.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;975538]We’ve gone the last 5 years, and last year was the first year I noticed this change.

The 5 hubs were blocked off with two CMs holding a rope. You had to show them your wristband to get by. They were allowing NON party guest to still shop on Main Street.

We go to the park at 4pm on the day of the event, so we swipe the cards and go through the turnstile and are given a wristband at that time. But there are lines near each of the hubs and they will scan your cards there and give a wristband.

HONESTLY, I don’t like the showing of the room key for extra magic hours, I know it saves money/environment, etc. but it’s a pain to kept your key out all night.[/QUOTE]

plus the wristband makes a nice little momento after you get home…

We’ve never gotten room keys for our younger 2. If we’re accompanying them with our keys do they still have to have one? Don’t mind the wrist bands with door/entrance scanners like at Great Wolf Lodge but not to keen of my DD 9 or DD11 “carrying” our room key around to lose.

i believe if they are over 3, then you need them. we get one for our DS, and they have asked for it in the past, and then times they have not - i guess it depends on the CM

That’s for EMH, I don’t think that is the case for the parties, or am I wrong?

Last trip, only I showed my key, not my DDs.

For parties they still do the wristbands PLUS you have a different ticket all together for these events. They are not on your room key.

When we did the P&PP in 07 we had wristbands. They had the park roped off at the end of Main St. If you had a wristband on they let you in and if you did not they were making you leave.