My ADR's for me and my kiddos

Hi All,

Well, I have been calling everyday, trying to see if I can get better times for dinner reservations, instead of lunch. LOL. This is what I have. I am traveling with my son (2 soon to be 3) and daughter (1). As for the parks - Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom will be most popular with my kids, I have to decide on Epcot and Animal Kingdom - I am open for suggestions.

Arriving Sept. 25, SSR
Sci Fi - @ 2:55pm lunch

Fri. 9/26 Magic Kingdom (moving to OKW)
Crystal Palace @ 2:30pm lunch With Pooh and friends.

Sat. 9/27 Animal Kingdom (???)
Rain Forest - my sister’s 60th Birthday Bash.

Sun. 9/28 Hollywood Studios(moving back to SSR)
Hollywood Vine - 8am with the Little Einsteins
Fort Wilderness - Hoe Down for Dinner with my other 16 bros and sis and their kids.

Mon 9/29 Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickey 8:05pm for dinner (this was the earliest I got)

Tues. 9/30 - still deciding on which Park, departing this evening.
Ohanas @ Polynesian Resort - 8:10am for Breakfast.

I was hoping to do more of dinner and counter service for lunch, but I am not having luck with dinner reservations. But I am trying. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I am open to them.
Thanks so much,
margaret

Having worked at WDW restaurants I can tell you that unless it is a character one (not sure about those since I did not work at one) you can walk in withing an hour of when they open. This might be a little early (some open at 4:30 others at 5) but then you just schedule an early lunch and have a snack later in the evening.

Is free dining still going on when you go? If so, then all bets are off! But you can still call the restaurant you are interested in early in the day and see if they had cancellations. The main reservation center does not have all of the available spots - call the restaurants when you check in at your resort - or have the guest service desk look into it.

Oh, as for suggestions - I just booked for Yak & Yeti, everyone here has been raving about it. That one is at Animal Kingdom. For EPCOT, there are just so many great restaurants there! We would have dinner every night if we could :slight_smile:
My fave there are Le Cellier, Chefs de France, Marrakesh and San Angel Inn (this last one kids seem to love since the pavillion is so cool).

Wow Margaret, I can’t believe you are traveling with 2 little ones by yourself :ohmy:

I would choose AK, it’s so much fun for the kids. At least mine enjoyed the trails and the animals. There’s a petting zoo. It would be my choice over Epcot

I think all of your meal choices look great. Hats off to you for traveling with two small children; I do that, too but mine are quite older than that.

Sounds great, you picked some yummy ones!

Hey, thanks for the other suggestions. Yes, Animal Kingdom will win over Epcot. I just don’t think my kiddos will be happy in Epcot, so I might have to save Epcot for when they fall asleep in the stroller and then I’ll just stroll threw Epcot. Most of the meals I planned are with Characters, because I know they’ll just love it. As for Y & Y - I am not sure my kids will enjoy that food, so that might have to wait for our next trip when they are much older.

thanks again for your wonderful ideas.

I can’t believe we’re going to Disney in just 19 days.
margaret

All of your ADR"s look good. :happy:
I just wanted to point something out since you have little ones.
I dont know if you are aware but Sci-Fi is really dark inside and they show old sci-fi clips, Iam not sure if your little ones would be scared or not.

Did you try and book the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine?
they have Jo Jo and characters from Jo Jo’s circus, that would be a good pick for small ones.,NEVERMIND! :pinch: I see you already booked it!

Good luck with your planning! :happy:

Your choices look great. We love CP with Pooh. Their food is really good.

hey Val32 thanks for the info on Sci Fi - I didn’t know that. I’ll have to make reservations for something else on that day. Maybe Donald Duck Safari. :smile:

thanks
margaret.

You won’t go wrong with your pick’s.

If you want to change Sci-Fi but still be at MGM you could try the 50’s Prime Time Cafe or Mama Melrose - those are fun and bright :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=kanakoskiddos;878138]hey Val32 thanks for the info on Sci Fi - I didn’t know that. I’ll have to make reservations for something else on that day. Maybe Donald Duck Safari. :smile:

thanks
margaret.[/QUOTE]

No problem!!! :happy: I just wanted to make sure you were aware and weren’t unpleasantly surprised with a rough dinner!
My DD enjoys it there but she is 10. So when your kiddos get older, definately book it!!! :happy:

Those look pretty good to me! Mind if I join you?

I think the 8:05 for Chef Mickey’s will be perfect, and you just might end up finishing in time for fireworks!

[QUOTE=Val32;878104
I just wanted to point something out since you have little ones.
I dont know if you are aware but Sci-Fi is really dark inside and they show old sci-fi clips, Iam not sure if your little ones would be scared or not.
QUOTE]

Just my two cents…I was worried about my 2 1/2 yr DGD and she was fine. But I’m concerned about the seating for you. Mostly you are sitting in cars. 2, 2, and 2. I don’t think all three of you would fit in one seat. Looking for a different spot is a good idea.

They look great! The 27th is my 61st B-day!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;879012]Those look pretty good to me! Mind if I join you?

I think the 8:05 for Chef Mickey’s will be perfect, and you just might end up finishing in time for fireworks![/QUOTE]

Only if they’re at 10 PM that night. If they’re at 9, pray you’re in the room under the monorail beam at a table by the window!

Edit: I just checked, they are at 9 so, you’re probably not going to be able to see and hear Wishes from Chef Mickey’s. On the other hand, MK has a late EMH that night, so you could finish eating and walk over to the MK for your last licks.

“Tues. 9/30 - still deciding on which Park, departing this evening.
Ohanas @ Polynesian Resort - 8:10am for Breakfast.”

I’d probably suggest Epcot or DHS, assuming you did last night’s EMH at the MK. If not, I’d finish up at MK.