My attempts to buy DVC

So,

Back in the heyday when I thought I was going to be a millionaire, I was looking at DVC when I was last in Disneyland.

I even tried to follow up with DVC during my trip to Walt Disney World, but got a bad experience that was competing with Ed’s Bacon and Dopey’s cookies…

Since I have returned to American Samoa, I have called and e-mailed DVC. I even tried to click on the "send for a free dvc information booklet on facebook. And nothing has shown up. Kemberly’s attempts have fallen flat as well. I even tried to sign my cat up with no response. :confused:

Is it a legal thing that prohibits the selling of timeshare interests to residents outside certain jurisdictions? Does my zip code block any efforts by DVC to take my money?

Or am I missing something here and not just doing something correctly? The last information I have is six years old… :pirate:

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;1136191]So,

Back in the heyday when I thought I was going to be a millionaire, I was looking at DVC when I was last in Disneyland.

I even tried to follow up with DVC during my trip to Walt Disney World, but got a bad experience that was competing with Ed’s Bacon and Dopey’s cookies…

Since I have returned to American Samoa, I have called and e-mailed DVC. I even tried to click on the "send for a free dvc information booklet on facebook. And nothing has shown up. Kemberly’s attempts have fallen flat as well. I even tried to sign my cat up with no response. :confused:

Is it a legal thing that prohibits the selling of timeshare interests to residents outside certain jurisdictions? Does my zip code block any efforts by DVC to take my money?

Or am I missing something here and not just doing something correctly? The last information I have is six years old… :pirate:[/QUOTE]

I certainly don’t think there’s anything “not legal” about selling outside of certain jurisdictions. We just got an “invitation” to buy more points (aren’t they thoughtful, always thinking of our enjoyment?:glare:) the other day, and when we were in Hawaii and looked at Aulani we were inundated for about six months with invitations. Usually they are right on top of this sort of thing. They are very happy to take our money - once we change it into US Funds, of course. My dd just sent for a DVC video and it arrived promptly. Of course, I don’t know if my cats have requested any info - they’re pretty closed-lipped about such things. I don’t really have any advice…I’d try calling again and asking to speak to a representative. Disney is usually falling all over itself to sell DVC.

Dh and I are considering it also. I asked for info but have not received it.we plan to just check it out in september while there.
I agree call them and ask why
they have not responded.

It’s you…

Sadly, I suspect it is. :crying:

I get DVC sales materials all the time. I haven’t even asked for anything since 2008.

I just got another invitation to buy more points, yesterday. Maybe I should just forward them on to Experiment…

I just got two info cd’s in the mail. One addressed to dh and one to myself, which I find ironic, because they always address everything to dh, which drives me crazy, and when I question them, they say it always gets sent to the first name listed.

Just another thought, if you can’t get their attention (and I would be pm’ing you right now with my original guide’s name to help you out, but Disney chose to close down the Doorway to Dreams store here in Illinois and let an awesome respresentative of their company go), there is another option of going resale. There are some restrictions so you would need to do some homework to see if that works for you, but the prices are much more reasonable, and many, many people go that route.

My Disney vacation Club Guides name is Ricardo Florez 800-827-1791 he was great! Give him a call and I am sure he will help you out with whatever you need. Or if you would rather PM me your information, I will give him a call and have him contact you. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1136292]I just got two info cd’s in the mail. One addressed to dh and one to myself, which I find ironic, because they always address everything to dh, which drives me crazy, and when I question them, they say it always gets sent to the first name listed.

Just another thought, if you can’t get their attention (and I would be pm’ing you right now with my original guide’s name to help you out, but Disney chose to close down the Doorway to Dreams store here in Illinois and let an awesome respresentative of their company go), there is another option of going resale. There are some restrictions so you would need to, do some homework to see if that works for you, but the prices are much more reasonable, and many, many people go that route.[/QUOTE]

There might be some people born under particularly lucky stars that have success with resale - not us. In fact, it’s become dh’s hobby. He’s forever trying to buy more points by resale - probably a dozen times by now - and every single time Disney has executed it’s right to first refusal. He enjoys doing it - it just makes me mad at Disney, so he doesn’t tell me about it anymore. Maybe one day he - and Disney - will surprise me with a successful offer, but I doubt it.

Wow! I read that Disney sometimes focuses on certain resorts more than others sometimes, but never would I have thought they are Right of First Refusing that often. Here’s hoping for your dh to totally surprise you one day soon! I’ve got “addontinitus” bad, but starting up some new things here in life, so have to put that to the side for now. One day, will add on to my points with AKV (they say, buy where you love!)

Yeah Llama, I am surprised your DH is getting ROFR’ed so much. Definitely better for him to keep doing so under the radar so as not to upset you :slight_smile:

He only is interested in the most inexpensive points, so that may have something to do with it. It keeps him off the streets.:happy: