My big worry with Fantsyland expansion

I am taking my nephews in December and I really hope they get to see Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses and ride barnstormer as it is now, but I will be going with friends and we are taking two little girls with us in Jan 2011. This will be the first trip for 4 people going including the girls. How much of Fantasyland will be disrupted at that point? Will Dumbo still be operational in the current location? I really like the big 5 characters and I want to see them remain as a part of the MK! I hope the houses have a new location somehow. I love the idea of the expansion. I just want them to preserve some of the big 5 magic.

Knowing Disney, they wouldn’t disrupt the flow. I bet these things are done one by one with little interruption. I wouldn’t worry, I think

The only thing you might encounter in the new year is that Toon Town will be closed. Most articles I’ve read say they are going to do that whole back section first. Disney will make up for the lost section I’m sure . . . and being first timers, there is SO MUCH to see I doubt they will miss it.

I’m glad that we will be able to enjoy the old fantasy land this december before they start redoing it.

I am totally excited about this development. I have thought for a long time that Fantasyland looked a little worn. This is going to be too :cool:

DH feels that they’ll have the back section done but with only 1 Dumbo running before taking the other down to move to the back so there shouldn’t be any Dumbo disruption at least.

I read on one web site can not remember which that the plans are to move Mickey and Minnies house more toward the front of MK.

I can’t believe that I have seen the original for the last time… sniff, sniff.

But whoo hoo for the new stuff… How fun it will be.

Oh I am relieved that Dumbo will remain operational. My friend’s mother was upset over a possible no Dumbo trip in Jan 11! I love the idea of more Beauty and the Beast theming and I really hope the houses stay around too!

I read that Mickey and Minnie would move more toward the front but haven’t found anything yet about the houses going too. Where in the world (no pun intended) would they put it. They’re so big and not much room up front.

Think they could bring the top 5 and incorporate them up around City Hall or something?

Have heard the same thing and I wonder just how far to the fron can they move them? Their houses slotted into Main Street USA would look just a ‘little’ odd! lol

I think there will be very little initial impact to the existing Fantasyland. Looking at the plans they will be building the extension back behind Small World and where where 20,000 leagues was and replacing Toontown.

They can keep the existing Dumbo ride running until they open the new section of Fantasyland. They then can sell of the old ride at their whim.

I bet the removal of the Skyway terminals are part of this effort.

To be blunt WDW Toontown is a pale imitation of Disneyland’s version.

[QUOTE=gatour;993569]I think there will be very little initial impact to the existing Fantasyland. Looking at the plans they will be building the extension back behind Small World and where where 20,000 leagues was and replacing Toontown.

They can keep the existing Dumbo ride running until they open the new section of Fantasyland. They then can sell of the old ride at their whim.

I bet the removal of the Skyway terminals are part of this effort.

To be blunt WDW Toontown is a pale imitation of Disneyland’s version.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on all of your points. I am getting more and more excited about this new project. OMG :happy:

ugh if they move minnie’s house to the front i will cry. it is torture trying to get my girls to leave them and cause meltdowns! we had one today. i like having them in the back so we can avoid them if we want lol!

I’m a little worried about there houses… they better not get torn down.