My DDs trip to TDL--

While not a full blown trip report—because I wasn’t the one there—I thought I would post a few observations that my DD talked about from her trip to Tokyo DL and Tokyo Seas.

“Cincy” had a great report with pictures et al…but I haven’t even seen DDs trip pictures yet so—perhaps I can post some whenever I get them!!!

Cincy may have covered these random facts of interest but I can’t remember:

• Two distinct parks with no “park hopper” capabilities. You get a ticket to one park for the day and you are “stuck” there…DD missed her park hopper!!
  • It really is hard to compare the whole TL parks to anywhere else…TL itself is fairly close to the MK however----Tokyo Seas, is sort of a combination of Epcot and DHS…
  • The CMs do not speak any other languages however they communicate very well and refer to specific language maps etc. Per my previous posts, remember that my DSIL speaks fluent Japanese so this was not a problem for them.
  • Most attractions will have the speaking part in Japanese, but the original music will be in English—there were exceptions to some attractions however.
  • DD and DSIL found lots of American food—you just have to search for it and may have to walk across from where you are to get to it. They had very good hamburgers, chicken etc. Not a lot of ice cream about however and as Cincy mentioned…no Dole Whip. :laugh: (DDs favorite)
  • Fast Passes are gone in a snap—they just got used to standing in long lines for attractions they wanted to really see or ride. In the two days that they had set aside for TL, they had to just resolve that they would not be able to see and do everything—as we do at WDW.
  • They love Toy Story and Monsters Inc in Japan! Merchandise is plentiful for those…
  • The Princesses are not a big deal in the parks as they are here—DD was going to get her picture taken with one but----??? Since she is STILL a “Princess” person, this was a surprise to her…no princesses in the parks. They were in the parades though.
  • People were very well behaved and would try to communicate with you—and were excited if while waiting in line, they found they could “practice” their english. :happy: They did not push into lines or run over you when it was very very crowded.
  • They had lots of souvenirs that are only sold there. I now have two beautiful pottery plates with Minnie and Mickey on each one—with Mt Fuji and the TL castle on them…
  • Their rain ponchos are navy blue and button up the front! I am the proud recipient of one (haven’t opened it up yet) and can’t wait to use it at WDW.

So this is all I can report for now. I wish I had more but really “cincy” covered it well. DD would love to go back someday. I doubt that I would ever get there but it sounds interesting. :slight_smile:

I am surprised to hear that the princesses were not a big deal, I thought it would be quite the opposite.

The pottery plates sound lovely, maybe you could post some photos of those! :slight_smile:
Buttons down the front of the rain poncho sounds like a great idea, I always hate pulling the rain ponchos off, it is so cumbersome. Thanks for sharing your dd’s observations!

[QUOTE=lovemysons;1137227]I am surprised to hear that the princesses were not a big deal, I thought it would be quite the opposite.

The pottery plates sound lovely, maybe you could post some photos of those! :slight_smile:
Buttons down the front of the rain poncho sounds like a great idea, I always hate pulling the rain ponchos off, it is so cumbersome. Thanks for sharing your dd’s observations![/QUOTE]

…I will take a picture of the plates and upload it…I love them and they were the perfect souvenir to bring me…

I haven’t opened the poncho package but my daughter used hers while she was there…I can’t picture a poncho that buttons up…wouldn’t that be a jacket? :laugh: I should pull it out and look at it…it has a big Mickey on it…

If you open the poncho, can you post a picture of that also Please??? This post and Cincy’s is as close as I’m ever going to get to TD.

Ooooh! I want a poncho. The Japanese are so stylish!

Ok, I think I got this uploaded correctly—sometimes my pictures are sideways!!! :laugh:

Here you can see the pretty plates I got from my DD—the one with Minnie has Mt. Fuji in the background and the Mickey plate-the Castle.

The pictures of the poncho show it fully laid out, close up of the front with the snaps, and the bag it comes in (nice and reuseable with snap closure) complete with instructions on how to refold it!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Seriously—they show how to re-fold it.

I will add that the construction of the poncho is more heavy duty than ours here and the vinyl is more supple and soft yet heavier—you could almost wear this as a rain jacket anytime… The logo on the front says Tokyo Disney Resort, and of course a big Mickey is on the back… :slight_smile:

I haven’t put the poncho on, but it looks like it might be a bit shorter? Maybe?

I should have added that the plates have the TDL logo on the right, as well as the Japanese kangi for it…the picture doesn’t show Mt Fuji behind Minnie very well… Can you tell I love them? :happy:

They’re beautiful! But she really should have brought more ponchos back for all your friends…cause Llama and I need one…just sayin.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

…it’s too bad (or maybe a good thing) that they don’t sell TDL merchandise online…I would like another one of the poncho’s …just in case someone sits on or rips mine in the future…:mickey: