My dining reservation list for June 14-20. Any suggested changes?

I know some people like to see this for their own planning, so I am putting it up. I took my res conf. numbers out, but here is what we have planned this year. Ones with comments in parentheses we are looking to change. Any change suggestions are appreciated. If it has a time, it is confirmed.

Itinerary:
Sunday 14th: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Driving
Lunch: Driving
Dinner: Cinderella’s Royal Table- 9:20PM (counts as 2)

Monday 15th: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: 1900 Park Faire (Mary Poppins Breakfast), 8:10am
Lunch: The Plaza, 11:55am, (Not happy with this one, try for Crystal Palace or Tony’s)
Dinner: Narcoosees, 7:40pm (counts as 2)

Tuesday 16th: Epcot
Breakfast: Open (Try for Crystal Palace or Tony’s)
Lunch: Akershus Princess Lunch, 12:00 Noon
Dinner: Biergarten, 7:25pm, Family Style Seating

Wednesday 17th: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe, 8:30
Lunch: Tusker House, 12:30
Dinner: Ohana, 9:15pm

Thursday 18th: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Kona Cafe, 8:35, (Try for something different as we are doing this Friday with the inlaws)
Lunch: Hollywood and Vine, 12:30pm, Playhouse Disney
Dinner: Brown Derby, 6:35pm, (counts as 2)

Friday 19th: Free Day/Finish Up Day
Breakfast: Kona Cafe, 7:50am, for 5 people
Lunch: Open (Try for Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree)
Bibbiti Boppiti 1:35pm
Dinner: California Grill, 9:30pm, request special seating at podium, Anniversary Dinner (counts as 2)

Saturday 20th: Heading Home Day
Breakfast: Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe- Nothing setup yet.

Do you have the Deluxe Dining plan? I ask because you have a lot of ADR’s! I think your plans look good. Have you ever been to the Plaza before? I haven’t but DisneyTeacher raves about it all the time and I keep meaning to try it out. I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you stick with it. Plus it’s smaller portions than most places…you might not want a huge lunch in between a buffet breakfast and a nice dinner.

Yes, we have the Deluxe plan. And we basically try to make the most of it. lol. We did it last year too, basically a similar itinerary to this year.

We have not done the plaza, however, I am trying to compare values of the menus and it doesn’t seem equal, but I hear good things about it. I am on the fence on that one, especially since Liberty Tree is no longer a character meal. I would love to just do that one without the characters and try it. Plus, somehow I don’t have Crystal Palace which we strive to do at least once every trip.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;962277]Yes, we have the Deluxe plan. And we basically try to make the most of it. lol. We did it last year too, basically a similar itinerary to this year.

We have not done the plaza, however, I am trying to compare values of the menus and it doesn’t seem equal, but I hear good things about it. I am on the fence on that one, especially since Liberty Tree is no longer a character meal. I would love to just do that one without the characters and try it. Plus, somehow I don’t have Crystal Palace which we strive to do at least once every trip.[/QUOTE]

Crystal Palace may be tough to get this close out without an ADR already. It’s pretty popular…but the concierge at the GF might be able to pull some strings.

We did LTT for lunch once a few years ago. They didn’t have characters at lunch so I imagine it’s pretty much the same. It was very good we both had the same meal they serve at dinner and it was delicious.

The Plaza is right on the fence of being “worth” it money wise…that’s why we’ve never gone. But you’re on the deluxe so I think if you do end up sticking with it you won’t even notice!

Your plans look good but that’s A LOT of food. I can’t even keep up with the regular dining plan so I know we could never do the deluxe plan.

I cannot imagine sitting down to three big meals a day! Well, I can imagine it, I just can’t imagine being comfortable. :laugh: But since that works for you, I think you’ll enjoy your choices.

I’d probably keep the Kona Cafe for two mornings… I haven’t eaten there, but there are so many things on that menu that look sooo good for breakfast.

And of course you’re forgetting the best places in the World: Artist Point and Tangierine Cafe. But if you can live with yourself without those… well, you’re a better person than me. :laugh:

Wow great choices for your ADRs but a little too much food for us.

The good thing is and the bad thing is we are “foodies” and we enjoy the Disney food experience. Plus with a six year old we enjoy the rest. And to be honest we usually cancel a breakfast or two. We need to try Artist Point.

Since you are looking for a few breakfast ideas, these are the ones my DDs (age 9 & 5) like:

Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch in Disney’s Polynesian Resort

Cape May Café at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club (Goofy, Donald, Minnie)

1900 Park Fare restaurant in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort (Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Stepsisters)

You are going to do a lot of good eating! Make sure you take lots of pictures! :happy:

[QUOTE=cjtownman;962277]Yes, we have the Deluxe plan. And we basically try to make the most of it. lol. We did it last year too, basically a similar itinerary to this year.

We have not done the plaza, however, I am trying to compare values of the menus and it doesn’t seem equal, but I hear good things about it. I am on the fence on that one, especially since Liberty Tree is no longer a character meal. I would love to just do that one without the characters and try it. Plus, somehow I don’t have Crystal Palace which we strive to do at least once every trip.[/QUOTE]

Crystal Palace has been getting a really bad review lately.

I know Mbers are not happy, and I’ve had two friends go recently, and they both complained! Bad food, bad service - and if it wasn’t for Pooh and Friends they would have complained and left.

It’s a total bummer, cuz that used to be a REALLY good one! :frown:

When you check in at Tusker House, ask if Neil is working. He is downright hilarious and we always ask to be seated in his section. A FANTASTIC server!

Also, at CA Grill, we were seated in the Wine Room, facing the water. It was gorgeous, and a LOT quieter than the main room. The fireworks were scheduled during our meal, and our server just held our food while we went out to the observation deck and watched. We highly recommend this place.

Wow, so much food. We were on the deluxe ddp last time and I made sure that we’d have a sit down breakfast each morning and a 2 credit dinner every night. I don’t know if I could find the time to eat 3 times a day. Of course the parks are open longer than they are when we go in either November or January but still. wow, that is a lot of eating.

I like your choices!

First time we ate a CG, we were seated in this area. It was wonderful. We almost felt like we had our own private room. We had a late ADR and I think there was one other couple in there with us.

My favorite character breakfast.:happy:

[QUOTE=b1wife;962318]When you check in at Tusker House, ask if Neil is working. He is downright hilarious and we always ask to be seated in his section. A FANTASTIC server!

Also, at CA Grill, we were seated in the Wine Room, facing the water. It was gorgeous, and a LOT quieter than the main room. The fireworks were scheduled during our meal, and our server just held our food while we went out to the observation deck and watched. We highly recommend this place.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen mixed reports on whether or not CA Grill is appropriate for children. My DD will turn 6 while we are there and I thought we might try it. She is well behaved but still 6. Since it’s just the 2 of us so I really don’t want to leave her with childcare and go bymself.

Thanks!

Your ADR’s sound great! We are going to try the deluxe, but it sounds like a tremedous amount of food, do you generally eat the whole meals or just a small portion?

Loved the Plaza. It is an unexpected break from the rest of the chaos as WDW… We love trying new places… and we strolled by there one day on our way to Pecos Bill from tomorrowland. The kids were 2 seconds short of a meltdown, and we asked if there were any openings for lunch. The lady said, how about in 5 minutes? We said great! So we sat down, and on our way in, the seater asked us where we were from… Well, 5 minutes later the Mayor of Main Street introduced us to the whole restaurant, we got our picture with him, and a free dessert (before free dining). We loved it. 5 years later the kids still talk about it, and it is our quiet little secret in WDW- we love it! We have to do it on all of our trips- great hamburgers…

[QUOTE=staceyheis;962342]Ive seen mixed reports on whether or not CA Grill is appropriate for children. My DD will turn 6 while we are there and I thought we might try it. She is well behaved but still 6. Since it’s just the 2 of us so I really don’t want to leave her with childcare and go bymself.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I personally think she will be fine if she has good restaurant manners. My cousin worked at the Brown Derby and she says that lots of people brought children, and she never saw any child misbehave. I would go and enjoy. She would probably love it, especially if you can get an ADR at a time to see the fireworks. I like them better from inside than the observation deck. It’s MAGICAL!

We took our 6 year old to Ca Grill last year on our anniversary with us and she LOVED it… We had her setup for the babysitting at the Poly and despite our best efforts, she threw a fit on that, and we took her to the CA Grill. They gave her crayons, a piece of paper and she saw the fireworks. She loved loved loved it. She even did a picture for the her waitress in crayon and I thought the sweet lady was going to cry when she gave it to. Trust me, your child should love the California Grill if you don’t have another place for her to stay.

It depends from meal to meal. It is a ton of food but worth it. And actually, you can turn down the appetizer and they will box up your dessert to take back to your room which has always been great. We have never had a complaint about “too much”. Plus, we are so active when we are there, we have never really noticed it. We both work from home so we are actually incredibly active compared to our normal selves when at Disney.