My Disney Experience APP

I have long been a lover of technology and love anything that helps to make life easy for us all.
The My Disney Experience App was so fantastic for me to plan ADR’s check wait times, look at menus etc.

However, (here comes the moaning) I was sick to the back teeth of people in the parks walking around not watching where they are going because they were using the app. I saw countless people falling over strollers (One little girl was crying for ages when a very large person fell on her whilst looking at her phone), blocking doorways up because they had to check the wait time on a ride. :mad: Ahrrrrrr.

I was in the line for Space Mountain and I swear they could have turned the lights out and just used the light from people’s mobiles.

oh that feels better - Is it just me reaching that stage of my life or does anyone else have this problem. My wife just said I’m a moaning old guy.
:pirate::pirate:

I agree . In these days people are always looking at their phones to see if they missed something. What is worse people are not enjoying what is around them because they are checking phones. I am young and can’t understand how all these people are hooked on their phones . My dad will say out loud in a line ’ oh someone’s phone was ringing’ and you could see all these people look at their phones which they just did 30 seconds before to see if they missed something. Enjoy life people and get your head out of that phone.

Which also goes hand in hand with a thread some time ago, little kids bring pushed around in strollers playing games on phone or whatever. Last yr after thanksgiving dinner WHILE STILL AT THE TABLE, everyone under the age of 50 pulled out a phone. Excuse me I just spent 8 hours preparing this meal, I think I deserve more than 8 mins of your attention.

Yes, although many are loving this new technology for convenience, this I fear is the start of a major breakdown. I have stated in the past it drives me absolutely NUTS seeing a family of four standing in line for a ride, all staring down at their technology. No one talking to each other. Kids need to learn how to communicate in a social setting, and they are not even doing that, let alone even with family. I go on walks every morning around the time kids are getting out to the buses for school. I say good morning to them, with the shear fear on their faces as to “why would you talk to me?” I know some of it is stranger danger, but I truly believe the majority is because they don’t know how to handle things socially. Okay, off my high horse. Just worried that upcoming trips will be more stressful than they use to be.

I have RULES. And Jo-jo, I would have staged a MUTINY if that happened at my Thanksgiving table.

Mostly I’m just really annoyed that the Disney Experience App won’t load on my phone, no matter what I try. I promise that if I should ever get it to work, I won’t stop in doorways. :laugh:

I noticed this on the last trip… but I think they are not necessarily on that particular app… And it is crazy! One of the things I LOVE about Disney better than anywhere else is the architecture, the lights, the flowers, the little details that go into putting the parks together. That is what I love about it. I cannot see all these things with my face in my phone. Now, I will use that app to check a wait time when we are finishing our meal, and trying to decide where to go… but that it about it. People- take your eyes off your phone and enjoy your surroundings… you can tweet about it later (which to me is a whole other problem- this immediacy of everything!)…
Enjoy the place, these people put a lot of work into creating those little signs, lights, concrete patterns, etc into it. It is worth noticing!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1138927]One of the things I LOVE about Disney better than anywhere else is the architecture, the lights, the flowers, the little details that go into putting the parks together. That is what I love about it. I cannot see all these things with my face in my phone. Now, I will use that app to check a wait time when we are finishing our meal, and trying to decide where to go… but that it about it. People- take your eyes off your phone and enjoy your surroundings… you can tweet about it later (which to me is a whole other problem- this immediacy of everything!)…
Enjoy the place, these people put a lot of work into creating those little signs, lights, concrete patterns, etc into it. It is worth noticing![/QUOTE]

This is related to why I have never understood the people listening to their iPods at Disney. There is so much atmospheric music and so many sounds that help create the whole feeling. Why shut them out?

We only time we really used the app last year when we were there was to find a place to have dinner…otherwise, we didn’t find the wait times to be very accurate…and the app ran our phone battery down faster…

I guess you have to use it if they are going to phase out the walk up FP system…still don’t understand this whole thing…probably won’t until I get there and use it. :happy:

And before the app, they were staring at their facebook and text messages…this is just rude and not the fault of the app, but the stupidity of the users.

If it wans’t MDE those would be looking at something else. i know. I was one of them last trip. :blush: The office had a crisis and apprently I was the only one who could solve it. I speant half a day on the phone, texting and actually having to access my computer from my phone. Tripping over strollers was the least of my problems that day. I apologized to more people that day for being in their way than ever before. When I am in your way you know it. Can’t see around me much less get around me. :eek: It does irritate me when others do it for entertainment purposes though. :laugh: