My Dream is........what is yours?

Ok, with Disney on my mind pretty much 24/7 :goofybounce: and only 57 days to go, I wanted to start a fun thread…in hopes that something hasn’t been done like this before and you’ll all have fun with it.

When I retire in about 24 years at 65 if all goes as planned :smile:…my dream is to move to Orlando and work part time at WDW. Not because I have to work, but simply to be part of the magic, as much as possible, for my remaining days. I could be a boat driver, concession worker, heck even just walk around with the broom and trash scooper…doesn’t matter…long as I get to be a cast member and be part of the world…:mickey:

That is my dream…how about yours?

I can’t post it here… :laugh: :angel: After all, this IS a family board.

I’ve been joking that I’m already my DVC guide’s best salesman and I should just move on down and make it official. Already RE salesman so I’d just have to pick up a FL RE license.

Or I could get a job with WDW security and get stationed at the EPCOT fountain. Tazer at the ready. Pink tutu wearing Boss spotted. Let the sparking begin! :whistling

Well, in 30 years at age 65 I would love to retire as a DVC member with enough points that I could go several times a year or just spend 3 months solid there. I hope my kids and grandkids will live near me so I can keep the grandkids so I don’t want to move just be able to take them with me when I go to WDW.

I would love to go to WDW, for a long time… Not sure I would want to work there (but I could give it a try)… I would love to go to enjoy the atmosphere, and not really think about the crowds, game plan, etc…

I don’t ever think I’ll be able to not work, so retirement will be the day I die. That being said, when I am at a much more older age, I would also like to move to florida and work as a cast member and really have no preference on what I would do. I just want to watch the kids experience the magic and live through them.

I have 3 dreams:

1. Take the 12 day Disney vacation staying at the Polynesian we keep saying we’re going do; we always end up at Pop and lately for only 2-3 days.

2. Purchase DVC.

3. Win accomodation’s in the Castle.

EXACTLY!!! :peterpan:

DH husband can retire in 13 years when our youngest graduates high school. He will be 53 and I will be 51 - still plenty of time to enjoy the world. We intend to move to central Florida. Not sure if he will work there or not. He has said he would like to be a bus driver and actually talk, have fun and interact with the the passengers. Sunny Florida is in our future plans. Hoping the kids will choose a nearby college.

I’m thinking of Florida, too, but want to move there before retirement so my kids will be there with us. We all kind of half-joke about the entire family working at WDW and having homes near there. I would love being a part of making magic for other families!

Win the lottery …
Buy a home in Disney’s Golden Oaks , And have the all my family work for me !!!

( Of course by work … I mean have the boat full of gas and have the Beer on Ice and have the transportation ready to hit the parks … )
I’d make a great Boss !!!

Back off, bub - I’m the only Boss around here.

My job is to be one of the Keystone cops and write tickets for people not smiling.

But my REAL real job would be to work undercover looking for knuckleheads in the parks and dealing w/them.

Visualize secret doors we take them through and they end up in the parking lot.

[QUOTE=WALL;1076135]Win the lottery …
Buy a home in Disney’s Golden Oaks QUOTE]

I had to go look this up…never heard of it. WOW :ohmy: but the $1-8M pricetag, for sure I’d need to win the lottery as well. It does fit “dream” terms so it’s on my list now too!!!

Well my dream is to be able to go down to Disney and take all the time I would like to look at a store or ride some rides. I know my sister InHouseMouse and I have been talking about going to ‘Walmart’ (:ph34r: our code word for Disney) and we would come back in a few days…Sad thing is that she neither one of us could really afford it.

When we would go down to Disney in our teens and early adult years I was never really able to buy what I wanted…some but not as much as I would have liked. The past 3 times I have gone down with my DH I have to justify every thing I pick up:mad:I hate that…and we are having money issues so I really had to be good the last 2 times that we went with the children.

I have two dreams, one as a guest and the other as a cast member. As a guest I would love to stay at a deluxe suite for two weeks and just take in EVERYTHING WDW has to offer; the tours, the best restaurants, any of the things that are unaffordable or out of the ordinary. As a cast member I would love to be a Disney executive over all or one of the parks. The executive thing will never happen but I guess that’s why I have the nickname Daydreamer. :happy:

My vision is to own an RV and park it in Fort Wilderness for the entire winter. The remainder of the year will probably be in Michigan, thus fulfulling both dh’s and my dreams. As far as work, I’m not sure if I could work at Disney. Just worried it would take the magic away knowing the behind the scenes stuff. I think I would prefer to have some type of employment that meant conducting my work via laptop so I could be anywhere I want, and still be able to work. Just haven’t figured out that part yet.

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1076107]Ok, with Disney on my mind pretty much 24/7 :goofybounce: and only 57 days to go, I wanted to start a fun thread…in hopes that something hasn’t been done like this before and you’ll all have fun with it.

When I retire in about 24 years at 65 if all goes as planned :smile:…my dream is to move to Orlando and work part time at WDW. Not because I have to work, but simply to be part of the magic, as much as possible, for my remaining days. I could be a boat driver, concession worker, heck even just walk around with the broom and trash scooper…doesn’t matter…long as I get to be a cast member and be part of the world…:mickey:

That is my dream…how about yours?[/QUOTE]

My DH & I always say we want to retire & work in Disney. He thinks he will be a boat driver, I would like to work in the Christmas store in DTD, lol.

Retirement…that’s a hoot…but if I’m dreaming…I’d like to work as a boat captain on the Friendship Boats…I love taking those!

I figure if you could win the lottery, you could honestly buy enough DVC points to basically move into a Disney Grand Villa or 2 bedroom for about 15-20 years. About 17,000 points should work right? A 2 bedroom at the WL would be 16,337 for the entire year. Wow, now that I am thinking about it, a 40 year condo for 165k… not a bad deal…

That is my dream. Just give me one of the 2 bedroom DVC rooms at the Poly, I will be juuuuuuuusssst fine.

DH has talked about working there after he retires in the area of nightly firework displays. That would give him something to do within his career as an inspector in ground/weapon safety.
I guess I could always be goofy :goofybounce: :biggrin:

Made me giggle that you calculated everything out. I did the same thing to see how much it would take to stay for the winter!!!:laugh: