My experience at The Wave at Disney's Contemporary Resort

I had a chance to eat at The Wave this week. It is located on the lower level not far from the check in desks.

I arrived at on a Wednesday at about 5:00 with no ADR. :ohmy:

The place was empty, but that is because they didn’t start serving until 5:30. But the hostess said the place was booked solid, and a stand-by would be up to 60 minutes.

We chose a table in the lounge, sat down right away, and everything was AOK.

The food was very good - I had pork tenderloin and my friend had sea bass. Nicely prepared and presented.

It is very modern - I joked that the lounge looked like a dark version of the Star Ship Enterprise! The waitress even offered to let us borrow small flashlights so that we could better see the menu!

So it seems this is a popular place. I would recommend it. Book early! And enjoy!

We love the Wave! Looks like it’s gaining in popularity! Glad you liked it!

We like it too- in fact, we’ll be there next week! Thanks for the review.

We love the bar area there!!

How crowded does the bar area get at cocktail hour? We’ll be there next weekend, and I’d like to try some new places. However, we don’t want to try to step over hundreds of people to get a martini.

And, do serve the full menu at the bar? Or just apps?

[QUOTE=diofthesouth;988279]How crowded does the bar area get at cocktail hour? We’ll be there next weekend, and I’d like to try some new places. However, we don’t want to try to step over hundreds of people to get a martini.

And, do serve the full menu at the bar? Or just apps?[/QUOTE]

We went to the lounge area twice on our last trip in June when crowds were fairly heavy anyway & it wasn’t a problem. My suggestion is to go to the second room. When you walk in, to the immediate right will be a round lounge room, keep walking just a bit and go to the second area. This area was always pretty empty when we went. People seemed to stop at the first one & stay there.

[QUOTE=diofthesouth;988279]How crowded does the bar area get at cocktail hour? We’ll be there next weekend, and I’d like to try some new places. However, we don’t want to try to step over hundreds of people to get a martini.

And, do serve the full menu at the bar? Or just apps?[/QUOTE]

We weren’t there at cocktail hour. It was more like 45 minutes before they were closing and it was pretty empty. I agree with Wishy, the 2nd room is much better. Seems more secluded!

Thanks, Ladies! Great advice! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this site??? I’ve learned SOOOO much in just a few months!

When I was there from about 5pm to 7pm on a Tuesday the second round lounge was completely empty at first and about half full when I left. So it seems it might be a good option for a last-minute attempt for drinks or dinner.

The good thing is that the lounge / bar area serves the full menu. That is how I was able to enjoy the restaurant last-minute without an ADR, even though it was booked solid.

That’s really good to know. We will be eating there Sept. 27 for the first time and I was wondering if we would like it. :laugh:

Now this sounds like a place to try in January when I’m on an adults only trip. :happy:
Thanks for the review.

This might be one of those hidden Disney secrets! :ph34r: Every time I want to book ADRs, they give me this as the alternate. Sounds like a great place for grown ups! :happy:

The Wave in my opinion is more for grown ups- even in the dining room. We had dinner there once with my kids and I was nervous wreck the entire time. It was way to quiet in there for my kids and too much stuff on the table to get broken.