My first custom autograph book!

First, I’d like to thank LMM and chottsy for posting their lovely customized autograph books. You both gave me wonderful ideas and thanks to you, I had an awesome time making my own!

To start, I browsed through lots of Disney clip art for characters that I knew I would be likely to see, as I was bored enough to want to make a page separate for each character. So, once I collected enough backgrounds and clip art, I went photoshop happy! So I made a generic MK, AK, HS, and Epcot pages in case I run into some unexpected characters and then I made a bunch of others from characters I know I’ve seen in previous years. In total, I made about 74 customized pages–it got a bit tedious but it was still fun in the end!

After that I went and had all of these printed (my printer is far too old to handle such a project–it can barely print out my b&w 25 page research papers without struggling :laugh:). Then I got to do the fun part: raid the craft store! I was surprised by the amount of Disney scrapbooking material they had and I had trouble not scooping it all up! I picked up all my materials and brought them home to start figuring out a plan.

I decided to use very small pieces of canvas for the front and back covers as I wanted something sturdy (only tricky part was that I had to drill the holes for the O-rings). I then just covered them with mickey themed scrapbooking paper and then all the rest of the goodies!

I took photos of the cover and the section pages as well as a couple of random other characters/parks. If there is any character you’d all like to see, just ask! :happy: Also, for some reason, the backgrounds of the character pages look rather vibrant in these photos but they are very faint in reality–wanted to make sure the signatures can be seen! (I’m also sorry if some of the images are rather dark. It’s a very rainy day today and the camera flash makes the pages look washed out so I didn’t use it!)

Front Cover:

Inside cover and generic MK page:

HS page:

Mickey & Friends section:

Minnie:

Fairies Section:

Tink:

Princess Section:

Aurora:

Misc. Section:

Alice:

Wendy:

Villains Section:

Back Cover:

That is awesome!

I LOVE IT!!! Your front cover looks amazing and the pages look so great!! I love the background on the Alice page, and the layout of the Aurora page looks like fine art!

All of these custom autograph books are seriously inspiring me to plan character hunts just so I have a reason to make one… :blush:

Love every page! Great job!!!

Wonderful! I am impressed!

Awh! Thank you all so much! I had a wonderful time making mine! :wub:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1036387]
All of these custom autograph books are seriously inspiring me to plan character hunts just so I have a reason to make one… :blush:[/QUOTE]

You definitely should. I’ve got 28 days left before my trip and planning and designing this book really helped take off some of the edge. With everything planned already I needed to find something to keep me Disney-occupied and this was a wonderful way to do it! :laugh:

I love character hunting and I thought that making a book also gives you more than just a few picture taking seconds to spend with them!

I’m really glad you all like it! :heart:

WOW! Your cover is really beautiful!! You did a wonderful job on your book! It will be an awesome keepsake. Have fun getting signatures!

you did a beautiful job! i absolutely :heart: it!

i found that carrying our autograph books in a large zip-lock bag with a sharpie marker attached to one of the o-rings with a long piece of ribbon made for easy and SAFE transportation around the parks…if it rains, you know your book is not going to get damaged…and you always have your pen right there with it ready!

you have inspired me with you beautiful pages!!
thanks so much for sharing!

[QUOTE=chottsy;1036408]you did a beautiful job! i absolutely :heart: it!

i found that carrying our autograph books in a large zip-lock bag with a sharpie marker attached to one of the o-rings with a long piece of ribbon made for easy and SAFE transportation around the parks…if it rains, you know your book is not going to get damaged…and you always have your pen right there with it ready!

you have inspired me with you beautiful pages!!
thanks so much for sharing![/QUOTE]

I’m so glad you like it! :wub:

That is GREAT advice! I was wondering what would be the best way to transport it. I was thinking o sticking it in a big plastic bag just for extra security. That’s also a great idea about tying the pen to the ring! Then I won’t have to hunt around for it!

I’m glad I could inspire you, as you inspired me! :heart: Thanks so much!

Those turned out great!!!

I second the ziplock bag idea… my autograph books got water damaged in the rain, last week.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1036553]Those turned out great!!!

I second the ziplock bag idea… my autograph books got water damaged in the rain, last week.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :happy: Yeah the ziplock bag sounds like a great idea. Can I ask what type of pen you used? I thought about taking a sharpie but not only do the ones I have tend to bleed though the pages, they are risky when it comes to characters’ costumes. I tried looking for a fat pen as I know some have trouble with regular sized pens. Should I just wait and buy a special Disney pen once I’m down there?

The Disney pens are just ballpoint pens. The ones that they sell with the autograph books are a little thicker and easier for the characters to grip.

I like thick Crayola markers. Unlike Sharpies, they don’t bleed through the paper. And if you happen to get any on your clothes, it washes off easily. The only problem is that if your book gets wet, then the ink will smear (well, if your book gets wet, it’s going to be messed up, anyway… but you have a plastic bag!).

VERY nice job. I love it!

I went to the store day before and found a really fun light up Ariel fuzzy pen. They also had Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle. I have also, Mickey and Minnie ones.

Wow that is one awesome album, you did a great job with it.

i LOVE this!!! Theyre stunning pages!! Great work

I’m very late with my reply but its absolutely beautiful!!!

Thank you so much for sharing, this has gotten my crafty wheels turning. I cant wait to get started on mine:mickey:

Christina :ariel:

The book looks great!!! Maybe the scrapbooking pens you can buy will work, they don’t smudge or bleed through.

Your book came out great! I would def use a scrapbooking pen since it’s acid free and won’t ruin your pics in the future - great job!