My first Disneyland Trip Report!


Saturday - May 29, 2010

After setting my alarm the night before for 4:15 A.M, I wake up on Saturday at 4 A.M. Since I was taking Pretty Girl with me on my trip, I started to pack up her things: litter box, litter, food, food and water bowls and treats. I also had a load of towels going, too so I don’t have to do it when I get home. Once all of her stuff and most of my stuff was packed up, I got dressed and packed the rest of my bathroom stuff. Once my bag was placed in the car, and I did a double check to make sure I had everything I need, I grabbed Pretty Girl and headed out to the car. I wanted her to sit shot gun on her pillow, but instead, she roamed around the car crying as we descended to California at 4:45 A.M. When she stopped crying, I thought she was sitting behind me until I pulled over and found her under my seat. After getting her out, I put her in the carrier and drove to Anaheim.
The hotel I was staying at was the Staybride Suites. I picked it because it was reasonably priced, but mostly pet friendly. According to Google, from my house to the hotel, it was supposed to be a 4 hour and 41 minute drive. I left my house at 4:45 A.M. and including puling over to put pretty girl back in the carrier and one bathroom break, I made it to the hotel at 9:15 A.M. My GPS originally said I would arrive at 9:11, before the two delays.

I will have to finish this tomorrow because my eyes are very heavy after spending all day at DL. So, until next time, and don’t worry, I won’t leave you guys hanging. I’ll probably finish tomorrow anyway. Looking forward to sharing my trip report with you guys.


I can’t wait to read the rest.



Once I was checked in, I went to my room and immediately took Pretty Girl out of the carrier. I set up her litter box, food and water, and left shortly after that. I bought my two day Anaheim Transportation pass and went to California Adventure. I had two gift cards that I got from my students and used them to pay for my CA ticket. Sweet!! I got to CA at 10:30, just a half hour after the park opened.

Once inside CA, I made a bee line for TOT. I do have to say, CA’s TOT is better than WDW. The drop was so unexpected that I screamed so hard like I never did before. It was awesome. To be waving goodbye at a mirror and then you see a silhouette of yourself and all of a sudden, the ride drops was just amazing!!
After the ride, I ran into a show about Disney Animation and decided to sit down and watch it. It was cute, this stage show involving two guys and a girl talking about bringing characters to life. Then Sleeping Beauty, Woody and Mickey came out and did some dancing on stage, followed by a meet and greet after the show.
I left the show to do the Monster’s Inc ride but it was temporarily down. So, I left and headed over to Paradise Pier. I rode Mullholland Madness, Maliboomer, California Screaming, did Toy Story Mania, Silly Symphony Swing and in between had lunch at Pizza Ooh Mow Mow, where I paid $6.50 for a slice of pizza. $6.50 FOR A SLICE OF PIZZA!!! Outrage!! But, I was really hungry and didn’t want to walk all over the park for something quick to eat.
After all this took place, I road the Sun Wheel, which was so cool and had beautiful views (I rode the non-swinging gondola since I just had lunch).
I went to ride Soarin’ and walked right on the ride after going on the single riders line!! Incredible!!
I got to see the Pixar Play parade and loved it! I wish they included Wall-E in the parade. That would’ve been awesome to see Wall-E!! When the parade was over, I went to the Disney Animation studio and learned how to draw Dale. Not my best work, but it kinda looks like him. :blush:
After my drawing lesson, I did Monster’s Inc and thought that was cute. I sat through the Aladdin show and loved it. I saw it 6 years ago and loved it then! Then, right back on TOT for the second time!!
I went back to Paradise Pier to ride California Screaming one more time. In the meantime, Golden Zephyr was done throughout most of the day! It was finally up and running by 7 PM!! Golden Zephyr was my last ride for the day. Once I got off that ride, I left CA and went back to the hotel.
The characters that I met that day are Sleeping Beauty, Mickey, Minnie, Kenai and Kona, Lightning McQueen and Mater, Jessie and Max.
Somewhere during the day, I did the Brother Bear trail and thought that was fun. It was very cute. I didn’t do the Grizzly River Rapids because I was so busy going on other rides and when I finally got a chance to go on it, it was down!
Once I got back to the hotel, I showered and uploaded my pictures. I took almost 200 pictures in CA!!! I was in bed by sometime after 10 PM, looking forward to getting up early and head over to DL the very next day!!


May 30, 2010 - Day 2 - Disneyland!!

I had my alarm set for 6:45 but ended up getting up at 6:20. No biggie! I cleaned Pretty Girl’s litter box, gave her fresh food and water, ate a couple donuts I brought with me and then got dressed. I was out the door by nearly 8 AM. I took the hotel shuttle bus to DL and got there by 8:20. After cashing in my voucher and getting a volunteer pin, I was in DL by 8:30!
After taking pics of Main Street U.S.A. and the castle, I went to Adventureland to ride the Indiana Jones ride. Got on the ride via single riders line and once I was off ( I loved the ride!) I went to POTC. LOVED POTC! Longer than WDW POTC! I then did Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. BTM was closed down temporarily so off to Fantasyland. On the way, I met Pocahontas and Woody and Jessie!
Once I got to Fantasyland, I did King Arthur’s Carousel, Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. I then of course, did the Sleeping Beauty walk through in the castle and just adored it. I was inside the castle and loved every single minute of it!! After I had lunch at the Village Haus, I went on IASW. Then off to Mickey’s Toontown where I visited Mickey at his house. I found the Princess Fantasy Faire and stood in line for over an hour to meet Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. Thank goodness it was shaded! I went to meet Minnie at her house afterwords but she was just leaving to have a lemonade break. I then stood in line for Roger Rabbit’s line for 50 minutes! That line is so deceiving!! All these twists and turns to stand in line for 50 just for a two minute ride!! I got on the Matterhorn in 10 minutes!! Figure that one out!!
After Roger Rabbit, I went to Tomorrowland, where I waited 45 minutes to Find Nemo via submarine, which by the way, was awesome!! It was just so darn cute!! Next, I went to Space Mountain and loved that! I did the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and did Star Tours. After Star Tours, I found a spot on Main Street U.S.A. to watch the parade. I thought that was really cute. Definitely different than what I expected (floats and wandering characters)
After the parade, I went back to Adventureland and ate at Bengal Barbecue. The chicken skewer was very yummy!! Loved it!! Went back to Fantasyland and road the tea cups. After the tea cups, I went back to Mickey’s Toontown and visited Minnie’s house, followed by a quick stop at the Gag Factory to buy a sweatshirt. The temperature was dropping fast! I went to the Storybook ride and thought that was cute. I went back to Frontierland and finally rode BTM. I left BTM to find a spot on Main Street U.S.A. for the fireworks. I found a great spot sitting on the curb and just waited. I took pics and videos of the fireworks when they went off at 9:25. I then headed over to the River of America to watch Fantasmic. I am now torn as to which Fantasmic is better: DL’s or WDW. It’s very hard to decide. After Fantasmic, I left DL. I was sad to leave because I just don’t know when I’ll step foot in there again, but I was very happy that I did.
I went to the bus stop and headed back to the hotel. I uploaded the pictures and just crashed after 12:30 A.M.


May 31, 2010 - Day 3 - Going Home

I planned on getting up at 8:30 to get ready to go home but ended up getting up around 6:50. So, after playing on the internet for a little bit, and taking care of Pretty Girl’s things, I took a shower. I got dressed and went to the lobby to get breakfast. I straightened up the room a bit in the meantime. I kind of stalled to leave because I knew that after I take my vitamins, I’d have to go to the bathroom because I have to drink a lot of water. I had packed my bag slowly and brought little things to the car at a time. I was pretty much set to get on the road shortly after 9. Once Pretty Girl and I left the room, we checked out and got on the road, but first, paid a visit to the nearest gas station. I was going to be on the road for about 4 hours and needed a full tank.
Once I got gas for the car, I was on the road. Goodbye Anaheim. Goodbye DL! I shortly passed the Angels stadium once I got on CA-57. Thought that was cool. I made one bathroom stop while I was still in CA but was two hours away from home. I saw how heavy the traffic was on the 15 going to CA and how empty the road was going to Vegas. I couldn’t help but take pics and send them to my Mom.
I got home at 1:45, so just little over 4 hours it took me to get home. I took Pretty Girl out of the carrier and unpacked everything. I had all my pics saved on my USB drive so I just uploaded them to shutterfly.

So, that is the end of my first DL TR. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.


Mmmmm… Bengal BBQ. :happy: But total tactical error going for the chicken instead of the asparagus! :laugh:

I disagree on two points: I think the WDW TOT is much better, and I think there’s no contest about Fantasmic: DL wins, hands down.

Sounds like you had a great time! One of my favorite DL trips was a day by myself. :happy:


Andrea, since I have braces, I couldn’t eat the asparagus. I can’t eat any raw vegetables that are crunchy, like carrots or celery. I would’ve loved to have eaten the asparagus, but couldn’t. :frowning:


Never been to DL…maybe one day.