My first pre-trip report

Cast:
Me- DW (34)
DH- (38) as of Aug. 28
DS- (17)
DS- (11)
DD- (8)

This is our first year of being on the free Disney Dining Plan. Our first At staying at POR, also. There are lots of first for us on this trip.

Sept 5th- after DH 20year class reunion Football game, we hit the open
road
Sept 6th- After 10 hours of driving we arrive at WDW, hopefully by 10am.
After check-in assuming the room is not ready we will go on to
Walmart pick-up drinks and snacks. At 4:00pm we have
reservations at the GF to get our pictures made. Then at 6:00 we have reservations at 1900 Fare. Go back to the room and crash.
Sept 7th- MAgic Kingdom Day, Yeah. Reservations At LTT at 4:15
Sept 8th- Disney Hollywood Studios. Reservations at Sci- Fi. Diner At 6:00pm
Sept 9th- Sleep in, let the kids play at the pool. Reservations at WCC At 2:20 (this is a first for us never ate there) At 4:00 go to Magic
Kingdom for MNSSHP (this is also a first). I am excited about this.
Sept 10th- Animal Kingdom We have never riden Kali river rapids but we are
planning to this time and if I can get my nerve up EE. We have
reservations at Tusker House at 2:00 (also a first)
Sept 11th- Remember the familes who lost loved ones. Hang out at the
resort. Reservations at planet Hollywood at 5:00.(another first).
Sept 12th- Epcot. Reservations at Coral Reef at 1:00.(also first)
Sept 13th- Magic kingdom all day long!!!Our last day :crying:Reservations at the Crytal Palace at 4:00.
Sept 14th- drive back home:crying::crying::crying:

I am giving each child $100 spending money.They also have money to take that they have saved. I have also put together a box with a t-shirt, lanyard, and some other little things. Do you think that enough for them? or would you try to do more?

let me know what you think?

I think your plans sound wonderful. I hope you enjoy all your “firsts”. I would say $100 per kid is great, and I think a Tshirt, lanyard, other goodies is just perfect.

Your plans look good and the boxes sound perfect.

Plans sound great!
the $100 is perfect too, when I went I got too much and by the end of the vacation I was buying things I didn’t need/want so I didn’t go home with dolars.
But anyway everything sound good.

Sounds like a great trip!! We drive from NC too, but we’re just north of Charlotte, so we have about an hour less of driving than you.

You sound so excited!:happy: Have lots of fun with all your “firsts”!

Your plans look great, reading this board just helps me…calm myself down…instead of getting way too excited over my trip…too soon…lmao

For our DS, now 11 we started a tradition of envelopes for each day:blink: i think we started at $10.00 a day when he was younger. Now that he is 11, we put $20.00 a day in it!! He is allowed to spend or save+ it as he sees fit. We buy the traditional sweatshirt or tee:laugh: He has learned to control his spending and we don’t have to listen to a barrage of I want:laugh:

Looks good . . . and all your firsts sound FUN!

I think $100 should be enough for spending money . . . they will have lots of Disney loot when they come home!

I always tell me kids “Think about how you will use it OUTSIDE of the Disney Parks” cuz it’s so easy to get caught up in the DISNEY MAGIC and want to buy it all! :laugh::laugh:

Enjoy your trip . . . and FREE food! :happy:

[QUOTE=disneylovers5;852084]
I am giving each child $100 spending money.They also have money to take that they have saved. I have also put together a box with a t-shirt, lanyard, and some other little things. Do you think that enough for them? or would you try to do more?

let me know what you think?[/QUOTE]

Are you are giving DS11 the cash up front?

Or are you playing bookie and accountant while you’re supposed to be on vacation? :laugh:

I would agree with DisneyMania’s suggestion.

Perhaps your 11 and 8 year old would learn something edgeyoumakashional if they received the $$$ in daily rations… :pirate:

i like the idea of doing $20 per dsy.

I think your plans are perfect. I love that you have a bunch of things to try for the first time. That always makes a trip more exciting. $100 is plenty…break it up into days so it makes them feel like they have a bit each day to play with.

I think you got a beautiful plan there.
And the box with the goodies for the kids is just enough - not to little, not too much.
Very nice

Your plans sound great.

I’m sure you will have a fab trip!