My First Trip Report

please go easy on me! I’ve been a Mouse Buzzer for 6 years, been to Disney at least 8 times in that span and haven’t done a TR yet. I hope you aren’t bored to tears!! I apologize in advance.

[U]Day 1[/U]

Ok, our group was me, DH, DD (12) and DS (6). We were picked up by our favorite Mickey Nut, Shirley. Our flight was on time at 2:15 and it was smooth sailing. We arrived in Orlando at around 4:45 pm on Thursday. We were welcomed by cloudy, rainy skies and some awesome thunderstorms. Ahhh, Florida in the summer, nothing quite like it.

We picked up our rental car and headed for our hotel. (We were staying off site since my DH had a bunch of Marriott points. We spent our first night at the Courtyard over by DTD and Goodings) It was a pretty nice hotel, and the price of FREE is always a bonus. We got settled in our room and headed out to Red Lobster for dinner. After dinner, we went back to the hotel since we were all exhausted, did some shopping in the gift shop and headed to the room for a good night sleep. Of course we all drifted off to sleep to the sounds of Stacey and her top 10 list of must do attractions. (They have changed the Stacey clips, she’s a little calmer, she’s dressed a little more dressy - I haven’t decided if I like the new Stacey clips.)

Day 2 to follow

Yay! TR!!

I agree, Stacy is a little weird now . … my DD said “What happened to her? She’s like OLD or something!!” :laugh::laugh:

My son said the same thing. The only up side to that is now he thinks Stacey is older than me, lol.

I’m going to start Day 2 and then I have to take my son to a bday party. I hope it’s not too dull, lol. I enjoy reading everyone else’s reports, but don’t find us that interesting!!

Are you going BACK in 15 days!!?!??! Wowee!

Day 2

We got up nice and early, showered, had breakfast and headed out. Off to the POP. We were there around 10:30 and it was pretty empty. Only 2 people ahead of DH (Bob) at the check in line. I take DS into the room showing Disney movies to wait. Within 5 minutes Bob is back with our packet of goodies and our room keys. Since we were ok with a standard room, it was ready and waiting for us. We had room 9204 in the 90’s section right by the computer pool. (Only one floor below our room last year). We unpacked our stuff, got some drinks in our complimentary mugs (part of our package), picked up some Disney themed goodies and then headed out.

We arrive at EPCOT around 12:30, and head over to SE. We were able to walk right on (not a bad start, no lines here). After SE, we head over to The Land and get FPs for Soarin - return time 6:27 - 7:27. We ride Living With the Land, grab some lunch and head over to World Showcase. Before entering WS, the kids stop at the Kim Possible station and get a ticket for the Kim Possible thing. First stop in WS, Mexico (Ole!). We ride El Rio Del Tiempo 3 times in a row, no lines, no crowds, awesome! Bob takes the kids to Norway to pick up their KP phones and do their mission. I do some shopping and browse around Mexico. I see Donald alone since the fam ditched me - didn’t even want to do photos w/Donald. I tell Donald that they left me alone and he grabbed my hand and danced with me. It was very cute - twirled me, spun me and dipped me and then kissed me:heart:. Very touching, makes my heart melt, lol. I did eventually get the kids to take their picture with Donald.

The kids finish their KP mission and my DH sees a sign for a meet and greet with Capt. Sig and the crew of the Northwestern from the show Deadliest Catch. Bob’s a HUGE fan of the show and we all watch, so we get on line to meet them. It was a good time to be inside as it starting raining a bit, but not too bad. We wait for about 40 minutes to see them, but they were all so nice and gracious. They signed the kids autograph books and the pix that we purchased there. They answered our questions and were just all around nice guys.

We finish up with them and the kids want to eat. Feed them at Seasons in the Land. We all have sandwiches and then head off to see Nemo and Friends. Again, no wait time at Living Seas, we walk right on and hop in our clam mobile. I am a huge fan of sea life. I especially love manatees, dolphins and whales, so I can spend loads of time just looking at the fish. The kids are off doing Mr. Ray’s Pop Quiz, I’m enjoying my time with the manatees as the clock is ticking. We realize we can now go do Soarin. Head back to the Land and go right on. (Soarin is one of my favorite rides, I love it!) We arrive back on the ground and head over to Test Track. There’s a half hour wait for it, but we toughed it out. After about 25 minutes, we got to ride. My son Ryan loves, loves, loves this ride. All you can here is him giggling and screaming - lots of fun!!

After TT it’s almost time for Illuminations. We get a good viewing spot and wait for the fireworks to start. Watch Illuminations and love it as usual! When it’s over we head back to the Pop. We have a quick dinner and then we were all off to sleep pretty early.

It was a pretty good day with no big crowds, the heat wasn’t too bad and just a touch of rain. We set our wake up call and head off for some magical dreams.

Yes we are! My DH had free airfare and we have annual passes, so he booked a “pre trip”. We’re going back for 13 days on the 22nd with my brother, his wife and their 3 kids. My kids are spoiled rotten, lol!

Oh boy, so glad to hear the crowds were not bad! I love manatees too.:slight_smile: And hooray for doing your first trip report!

[QUOTE=Goofy3230;983068]Day 2

We got up nice and early, showered, had breakfast and headed out. Off to the POP. We were there around 10:30 and it was pretty empty. Only 2 people ahead of DH (Bob) at the check in line. I take DS into the room showing Disney movies to wait. Within 5 minutes Bob is back with our packet of goodies and our room keys. Since we were ok with a standard room, it was ready and waiting for us. We had room 9204 in the 90’s section right by the computer pool. (Only one floor below our room last year). We unpacked our stuff, got some drinks in our complimentary mugs (part of our package), picked up some Disney themed goodies and then headed out.

We arrive at EPCOT around 12:30, and head over to SE. We were able to walk right on (not a bad start, no lines here). After SE, we head over to The Land and get FPs for Soarin - return time 6:27 - 7:27. We ride Living With the Land, grab some lunch and head over to World Showcase. Before entering WS, the kids stop at the Kim Possible station and get a ticket for the Kim Possible thing. First stop in WS, Mexico (Ole!). We ride El Rio Del Tiempo 3 times in a row, no lines, no crowds, awesome! Bob takes the kids to Norway to pick up their KP phones and do their mission. I do some shopping and browse around Mexico. I see Donald alone since the fam ditched me - didn’t even want to do photos w/Donald. I tell Donald that they left me alone and he grabbed my hand and danced with me. It was very cute - twirled me, spun me and dipped me and then kissed me:heart:. Very touching, makes my heart melt, lol. I did eventually get the kids to take their picture with Donald.

The kids finish their KP mission and my DH sees a sign for a meet and greet with Capt. Sig and the crew of the Northwestern from the show Deadliest Catch. Bob’s a HUGE fan of the show and we all watch, so we get on line to meet them. It was a good time to be inside as it starting raining a bit, but not too bad. We wait for about 40 minutes to see them, but they were all so nice and gracious. They signed the kids autograph books and the pix that we purchased there. They answered our questions and were just all around nice guys.

We finish up with them and the kids want to eat. Feed them at Seasons in the Land. We all have sandwiches and then head off to see Nemo and Friends. Again, no wait time at Living Seas, we walk right on and hop in our clam mobile. I am a huge fan of sea life. I especially love manatees, dolphins and whales, so I can spend loads of time just looking at the fish. The kids are off doing Mr. Ray’s Pop Quiz, I’m enjoying my time with the manatees as the clock is ticking. We realize we can now go do Soarin. Head back to the Land and go right on. (Soarin is one of my favorite rides, I love it!) We arrive back on the ground and head over to Test Track. There’s a half hour wait for it, but we toughed it out. After about 25 minutes, we got to ride. My son Ryan loves, loves, loves this ride. All you can here is him giggling and screaming - lots of fun!!

After TT it’s almost time for Illuminations. We get a good viewing spot and wait for the fireworks to start. Watch Illuminations and love it as usual! When it’s over we head back to the Pop. We have a quick dinner and then we were all off to sleep pretty early.

It was a pretty good day with no big crowds, the heat wasn’t too bad and just a touch of rain. We set our wake up call and head off for some magical dreams.[/QUOTE]

Very cool having your picture taken with Sid and the crew from Deadliest Catch TV show

Let it rip your doing great. We all get our fix off of TR’s.

Great tr so far! Sounds like you had a great time! Can’t wait to read more. I love that Donald danced with you. Very sweet!

Great TR! Love hearing about everyone’s experiences - especially the little extras like a dance with Donald! :slight_smile:

Awesome job! Maybe this will inspire me to finally do one too.

I’m green w/ envy. I want my pic w/ the Northwestern crew:crying::crying:

sigh

I want to do to WDW even more now.

Great report btw. Have fun!

:happy:Thanks everyone for the support. I’m going to continue our TR now…

Day 3
I woke up fairly early, showered and then got the rest of the gang going. After showering and having breakfast, we were off to the Magic Kingdom. It was Saturday and we thought we were going to hit big crowds, but that wasn’t the case. The only major issue was the heat. It was steamy, sticky hot! We took the ferry over from the TTC (we do live in Staten Island and we’re used to ferry rides) to the MK. By the time we got through security and walked towards the castle, my kids were moaning and complaining about the heat. Of course, we forgot our water fans at home and didn’t want to spend $$ on new ones since this was a short trip and we have 3 fans at home, lol. We got up to the Crystal Palace and saw a Photopass guy with nothing to do. We sat and posed for some pix with him, and he added Tink in our hands in one of them, the kids love that! Then we were off to Adventureland. As we’re passing the Tiki Room, we ask when the next show is. We have a 2 minute wait for 12 or so minutes of AC, so we go enjoy the Tiki Room. After that, we get the kids lemonade slushes and some water bottles and head over to Pirates. The sign said a 15 minute wait, I go w/the kids and DH stays and holds everyones drinks and backpacks. We walk right on! So far, so good! After our ride, I sit w/the drinks so DH can ride with the kids. Same thing, they walk right on. We never expected that.

After Pirates, we head over for FPs for Big Thunder Mtn, but the sign says 20 minutes. Bob decides to wait with the kids, so I go over to FP Haunted Mansion (I don’t do BTMRR and my son was a little afraid of Splash Mountain). I get over to HM and it’s a 20 minute wait also. Why waste a FP when we may need it for something else. I head over to Hall of Presidents, which I haven’t done since I was a kid approximately 30 years ago, so I didn’t remember it at all. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, plus it got me out of the heat for a nice amount of time. I kept trying to convince the kids to go see it, but they weren’t interested. Bob and the kids meet me over at HOP and we head over to HM. We get on the line, which looked like it may be a longer than 20 minute wait. Much to our surprise, the line moved very quickly. We were inside within 15 minutes and got to enjoy our 999 Haunts! I feel like a kid every time I ride this ride, it brings me back to my first trip in 1977 (ok, I’m dating myself now, I’m old, lol)

After we rode HM, we headed over towards It’s a Small World where there is a 20 minute wait. My kids were not, in any way shape or form, waiting 20 minutes for a “baby” ride. It kinda broke my heart that they didn’t want to do it, but I quickly got over it. As usual, the wait for Peter Pan was 55 minutes - not going to happen and not worth a FP for them, so we keep on trecking. We head towards Mickey’s Philharmagic, which is loading now - who’s better than us?! We walk in get in line and are seated within 5 minutes. So far, our MK day is great, low crowds, low wait times for the stuff we really want to do, just hot!! (We do realize that it is July and it is Florida and it will be hot! We usually go the end of August and we are used to the heat, it justed seemed more steamy than usual.)

We exit MP and the kids are hungry, so we stop at the Village Haus for some lunch. We spent a few extra minutes lingering just people watching and enjoying the a/c. After lunch, everyone is feeling full and refreshed, so off to see more of the world!

We head out to do Buzz Lightyear (one of my favorite MK attractions). There was a little bit of a wait, but I really like this ride. My son complained the whole time we were waiting, which made the wait seem like forever! We stick it out, probably 15 minutes and we get on and ride. My cranky little 6 year old was thrilled he rode since he beat his sister’s score (it’s the little things in life that make him happy, lol). We exit BL and head over to DH’s favorite, Carousel of Progress. Bob is probably the biggest fan of this attraction. I like it, but he loves it:heart: Before we go in, the kids spot Stitch out signing autographs, so we wait on line to meet him. He is one of DD’s favorites!!

After CoP, the kids are starting to get tired and a little crabby. They do Stitch and I sit and check in at home w/mom. They come out and we start heading up Main Street to leave the park. We were in front of the watch store when a mini Parade starts. We have excellent viewing spots (where the heck is everyone?) so we stop to watch. It’s Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It - very cute, we all really enjoyed it especially since there were no crowds and it was a surprise!! We watch that, then head out of the park.

We hop on the resort monorail and head over to the Contemporary so we can do a little shopping. The kids played a game with some CMs outside the toy store there. Bob and I each have a drink and relax. We spend some time here and then back to our hotel for dinner. After dinner we take a dip in the pool and then off to bed. Day 3 was pretty good!!

[QUOTE=Goofy3230;983056]please go easy on me! I’ve been a Mouse Buzzer for 6 years, been to Disney at least 8 times in that span and haven’t done a TR yet. I hope you aren’t bored to tears!! I apologize in advance.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? No one is bored with TR’s here! They’re the longest threads we have!

I love the BRUCE photo…that’s one photo op we’ve never taken…it’s on our list for our August tip. Great TR!

WOW!! Such short waits for the middle of summer.

Sounds like a good low attendance day! Lucky you!

Great job on your first TR!

Yay! Thanks for your TR! I’m enjoying it! Can’t wait to write my first TR after my WDW trip in Dec!!!