My itinerary needs a little pixie dust pleaseeeeeee

i went over my ADR’s and I am not happy!!

this is what i have so far:

[B]8/29[/B] MK dinner at CP 550pm (this is our first night so this i will not change)

[B]8/30[/B] Epcot dinner at Garden Grill 435pm (really don’t want to change either because i have been trying every day to get GG and I finally did, BUT will we really be in the park this long and how long till illuminations???) seems like this park can be done quickly, yes or no?

[B]8/31[/B] WATER PARK MAYBE or any park
breakfast at Ohana’s 855am ([B]i was trying to see if i can get breakfast a tad earlier, since the water parks open at 10, we will still be sitting in the rest. then, kwim? but nothing is opened so far[/B])

[B]9/1[/B] DHS dinner at sci fi @ 535pm (STILL TRYING TO GET FANTASMIC)

[B]9/2[/B] all i have booked is chef mickey for breakfast 850am so any park here to.

i think i am not happy about my decision with[B] Epcot and 8/31’s day[/B]

and there are hardly no EMH’s and if they have them they are on days that i won’t be there and only in the AM!!

SO please any input would be grateful!!! :crying:

Pixie mom, Epcot is a 2 day park… There is a ton of stuff to do there. I think that your dining time is perfect, because it gives you time to see stuff before illuminations (which is at 9). I think that you will have fun with your dining plans…

I also think that you should not worry about not getting somewhere for EMH. Those parks are the most busy on those days. I think that Epcot is fine, and there are a TON of sit down places to eat in this park… Maybe add that on your other day. It is a really fun park. If you look at the park map, Epcot is shaped like a figure 8. The bottom of the figure 8 is the entrance and that part of the park can easily take up most of the day. Each pavilion can easily take up about an hour (some more, some less). The top half is the countries… and it can take up a lot of time if you are really visiting each attraction in them. I would say it would easily take a day and a half, and then there are things that you will want to repeat…

Good luck moving that Ohana time earlier, you got a good time. Plan on every sit down meal taking an hour… that might help you plan your schedule better.

Thank you!!!
We usually breeze through Epcot because we’re afraid the kids would be bored but this time I told DH that I want to go slowly through and take our time.
Thank you!!

Are you planning on spending each day in one park only?

For instance - for the Garden Grill - you could go to a different park in the morning - take a break in the afternoon and then head to Epcot in time for dinner. You’ll be refreshed and have plenty of time to do and see alot in the park before Illuminations. People always seem to think that kids won’t like the World Showcase, but you might be surprised.

I think you’re getting a little too obsessed about everything being perfect. Don’t worry about racing to a park if you’re having a good time at 'Ohana for breakfast. Just enjoy that. People get so caught up in HAVING to do everything so perfectly that it’s bound to end in frustration.

[QUOTE=llama;1086868]Are you planning on spending each day in one park only?

For instance - for the Garden Grill - you could go to a different park in the morning - take a break in the afternoon and then head to Epcot in time for dinner. You’ll be refreshed and have plenty of time to do and see alot in the park before Illuminations. People always seem to think that kids won’t like the World Showcase, but you might be surprised.

I think you’re getting a little too obsessed about everything being perfect. Don’t worry about racing to a park if you’re having a good time at 'Ohana for breakfast. Just enjoy that. People get so caught up in HAVING to do everything so perfectly that it’s bound to end in frustration.[/QUOTE]

you know what you are so right!!!:mickey::mickey:

i was just saying to my husband, maybe we can relax by the pool go to DTD then back to the room to freshen up and then head to Epcot!
Thank you!!!

I mean seriously, I did buy park hoppers, lol lol, so i should utilized them, if we don’t go to DTD we’ll go to another park!!!
thank you llama:mickey::mickey:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1086866]I also think that you should not worry about not getting somewhere for EMH. Those parks are the most busy on those days. I think that Epcot is fine, and there are a TON of sit down places to eat in this park… Maybe add that on your other day. It is a really fun park. If you look at the park map, Epcot is shaped like a figure 8. The bottom of the figure 8 is the entrance and that part of the park can easily take up most of the day. Each pavilion can easily take up about an hour (some more, some less). The top half is the countries… and it can take up a lot of time if you are really visiting each attraction in them. I would say it would easily take a day and a half, and then there are things that you will want to repeat…

Good luck moving that Ohana time earlier, you got a good time. Plan on every sit down meal taking an hour… that might help you plan your schedule better.[/QUOTE]

MORE good points!!! Thank you!!! :mickey:

I agree, Epcot is a two day park. How old are your kids? If they are at least 5 I think Kim Possible is a great way to get them interested in spending time in World Showcase. Each mission takes at least 15-20 minutes and you get to explore parts you wouldn’t have have seen other wise.

A big part of enjoying your trip is slowing down to enjoy the magic. Relax and just enjoy your day, let everyone do what they want to do w/o worrying about a schedule and having to be at a certain place at a certain time, ADRs are an exception most of the time.

I think your plans look fine. I understand your concern about breakfast on your water park day. If you still want to do both, try showing up 45 minutes early and see if you have any luck getting seated early.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Or even just showing up at opening if you’re up.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1086887]I agree, Epcot is a two day park. How old are your kids? If they are at least 5 I think Kim Possible is a great way to get them interested in spending time in World Showcase. Each mission takes at least 15-20 minutes and you get to explore parts you wouldn’t have have seen other wise.

A big part of enjoying your trip is slowing down to enjoy the magic. Relax and just enjoy your day, let everyone do what they want to do w/o worrying about a schedule and having to be at a certain place at a certain time, ADRs are an exception most of the time.

I think your plans look fine. I understand your concern about breakfast on your water park day. If you still want to do both, try showing up 45 minutes early and see if you have any luck getting seated early.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, we usually work around our ADR’s I told DH this trip i just want to go and let the kids do whatever, if there is a line we’ll wait or just move on, I am not going to stress out this year! I promise!! :mickey::mickey:

That’s easier said than done some days. I have found that I really don’t stress when it’s just my family because I know we’re going back next year but adding other people in sometimes causes some stress. However, when we’re at WDW the little thought “Time is money” creeps in my head and I have to resist the urge to try to do too much.

:crying: i hear ya!!!

No stress, this is vacation. My dad always made the memory of freaking out over traffic, or something my mom did, instead of the actual trip itself.
It is so hard to not feel like you are on a time schedule sometimes, though… But have fun-it is Disney!

Kim Possible took us an HOUR LOL!!! We were really trying too!
Don’t forget the passports for the World Showcase and the KidCot stations. I can’t imagine the kids would get bored!
My DD has always loved EPCOT best next to MK!
Have fun!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1086914]Kim Possible took us an HOUR LOL!!! We were really trying too!
Don’t forget the passports for the World Showcase and the KidCot stations. I can’t imagine the kids would get bored!
My DD has always loved EPCOT best next to MK!
Have fun![/QUOTE]

:wink: thank you!!
Just might try Kim Possible.
and last year, DH was rushing me, so we just ran to the countries to get pics w/the chars. we never explored inside the countries too much, and i told him this year I WANT TO!! :mickey::mickey:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1086906]No stress, this is vacation. My dad always made the memory of freaking out over traffic, or something my mom did, instead of the actual trip itself.
It is so hard to not feel like you are on a time schedule sometimes, though… But have fun-it is Disney![/QUOTE]

it is hard not to stress, i’m def. going to try, because a stressed out mamma means 4 crying kids,:crying: and I don’t want that :mickey:

[QUOTE=llama;1086868]Are you planning on spending each day in one park only?

I think you’re getting a little too obsessed about everything being perfect. Don’t worry about racing to a park if you’re having a good time at 'Ohana for breakfast. Just enjoy that. People get so caught up in HAVING to do everything so perfectly that it’s bound to end in frustration.[/QUOTE]

what she said … epcot is easily two days… one day to just wander the countries

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1086867]Thank you!!!
We usually breeze through Epcot because we’re afraid the kids would be bored but this time I told DH that I want to go slowly through and take our time.
Thank you!![/QUOTE]

BORED??? Never…My kids were 3 and 5 the first time we went, and this year 7 and 9 for our 3rd trip…we spend TWO full days at EPCOT and still haven’t done everything! Last trip we did Ellen’s Energy Adventure and the Coke tasting for the first time…Don’t forget to go inside innovations East and West, but remember they close early (around 7pm)

awesome!
thank you!!!
i am thoroughly convinced and will keep my itinerary as is!!!:mickey:

Maybe the “rushing” DH should stay at the resort and you take the kids and relax at EPCOT… ROFL!!!