My Quick Trip Report

Coming soon will be my report (and i swear i will finish this one this time) from my quick 4 day trip with my best friend Jen. It was her first trip and she loved it. We had a great time.

I will warn you i don’t have any pictures from the trip. I may have to steal some from Jen once she has them uploaded.

Yay another TR. Can’t wait to read it!

:ohmy: no pictures :eek:

You were going to POP right? We’re going in January, so please include some specific info on the hotel, okay?

Oh no, you beat me to it! I haven’t even begun my TR and have not uploaded one pic yet. Looking forward to yours and hearing what you thought about MNSSHP. It was really nice to meet you and chat briefly (please tell Jen it was nice to meet her too). I will post at least one pic from your trip in my TR. So, get on with it now.

Cast
Me – Brandon
Best Friend – Jen – This was her first trip to Disney.

Day 1 – Friday September 19, 2008

I didn’t sleep well all night long so at about 4:30 I got out of bed and showered and got dressed for the day. I think ate breakfast and searched the internet until 6am. I then headed to Jen’s house to pick her up.

Arrived at Jen’s house at 6:25 and we were on the road to the airport 5 minutes later. After her 4 year old said have a good bacation (as he pronounced it) mommy and Uncle Brandon.

We arrived at the Cincinnati airport at about 7:15. We got through security within 10 minutes and stopped to get some coffee to wake us up.

Our flight left about 10 minutes early at 8:50am from Cincinnati and we arrived in Orlando around 10:30am. We had no checked luggage so we headed directly to Magical Express and there was no line. I thought hmmm this is odd, I have always had lines here. Hopefully the rest of the trip will be the same.

We boarded our bus to the Wilderness Lodge and were soon on our way. We had two stops ahead of ours, we stopped at the Polynesian and at the Grand Floridian. We arrived at the Lodge at about 11:30 and walked right up to the check-in counter. And our room was ready! We were assigned room 2562 in the Villas, since I am a DVC member.

Jen was already amazed at the beauty of the Lodge. She couldn’t believe the detail that Disney puts into their resorts. I have to admit I wasn’t so fond of the Villas area of the resort. I like the main building much better. But the room was nice enough once we got to it. We were on the second floor and the very last room down a very long hallway. We were pretty well rested and it seemed to take forever. After spending full days at the parks that hallway was even worse.

We put our bags into the room and turned the air conditioning down and headed to the bus stop to catch a bus to Epcot.

We waited about 15 minutes for the bus and then we were on our way. We got to Epcot and headed to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. And pretty much walked right onto the ride. Afterwards we went to Turtle Talk with Crush. We then headed to the Electric Umbrella to get some lunch. I had the bacon cheeseburger, fries. And Jen got the Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fries. The food was pretty good. We were starving.

After eating we walked around Future World and did some shopping in Mouse Gears up until time to head towards World Showcase for the Meet ‘n Greet. We decided to get a Strawberry Frozen Margarita; it was so strong that we both threw them away after only a few drinks each.

At about 4:30 we were standing in Mexico looking for fellow Mousebuzzers. We had all agreed to wear Red Mickey Mouse paint chips from Home Depot so we would be able to recognize each other.

Jen and I were standing next to the wall waiting and waiting and not seeing anyone with Mickey heads. We stood there for about 10 minutes and then I heard someone say well bransworld is supposed to be here. And look up and say I am bransworld. It just so happened that I was the only person wearing the Mickey paint chip. But the whole time Jen and I were standing there waiting Lisalovesmickey was right next to us as well as Timkelmom.

So dac921, usasmig789, timkelmom, and lisalovesmickey were all there to meet. We stood and talked and took some pictures together. And then angell1975 met up about 15 minutes later. We all chatted for about 30 minutes total and then it was time for Jen and I to leave so we could head to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

It was really great to meet all of the mousebuzzers I did.

Coming up…. My review of MNSSHP!

Awesome, can’t wait to hear everything! Glad you got to meet some fellow MBers.

Brandon~ that is a wonderful start!! So happy that you were able to meet some other MBers. I cant wait to see your pics. Did you take any of WL Villa’s? Im interested in a stay there poss for March.

After the meet 'n greet we headed back to the lodge to change into our Halloween shirts. And we hopped on the boat from the lodge to MK. We arrived right around 6:30. The cast members were out and starting to direct people without the purple wrist bands out the gates.

We headed left and went to Adventureland. Our first stop was Aloha Isle for some Dole Whip! I had the Dole Whip Float and Jen had just a cup of Dole Whip. For some reason they wouldn’t let us use a snack from the dining plan. Oh well. It was so yummmmmmmy!

We then headed down the street and we saw Captain Hook and Smee. We stopped and got a picture with them. (Does anyone know if there is a way to copy pictures from photopass without buying the cd?)

And then we were off to Pirates of the Caribbean. Jen was amazed at the details and loved that we walked right onto the ride.

We then headed towards Frontierland after stopping for some trick-or-treating.

Once in Frontierland we went on Splash Mountain. And walked right on and had the log to ourselves. Jen was so afraid she was going to get soaked. I told her that she would be fine and barely get wet. She didn’t believe me. And we came out completely dry.

Then we went to BTMRR. We walked right on. Loved the ride got off and went through the line a 2nd time walking right on again. We were going to go a 3rd time but decided we would go do some other stuff and come back later.

We then did some shopping in Frontierland and bought some pins. One being a limited edition for that nights MNSSHP.

we started to head for HM but the parade was starting. (i did record most of the parade with my camera. When i have a chance i will try to upload to YouTube and i will place the link here for you all). We went up towards the castle and watched the parade from near the partners statue. It was a really great parade. I am glad that we caught it.

After the parade we went to the HM and walked right into the “elevator” room. Great ride! I really enjoyed seeing the cast members with make up on their faces to make it look like they were dead.

After HM we did some shopping at the Christmas store and headed back to the castle area to get a seat for HalloWishes! We got a great seat on the curb. We sat for about 20 minutes waiting for the fireworks. I loved the fireworks! Normally when i go the only fireworks show we see if Fantasmic but if i ever go to another MNSSHP i will definitely watch the fireworks again.

Does anyone know if the HalloWishes soundtrack is available for purchase? I looked but didn’t find it anywhere.

After HalloWishes we headed to Tomorrowland and we went on Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and Tomorrowland Transit Authority. For some reason Monster’s Inc was closed. I really wanted to go in there.

And then we headed to Fantasyland and did Peter Pan, It’s A Small World, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Snow White and Pooh. Again everthing was a walk on with the exception of Philharmagic because the previous show had just started.

By this point it was almost 1130pm so we decided to try and beat the mad rush. We did a little more shopping on the way out and bought some huge YUMMY mickey mouse shaped rice crispy treats. We took the boat back to the resort and arrived around 1230am. Took showers and went to bed around 2am.

It was a very long day. But we had such a great time. I told Jen that the crowds we experienced are not typical Disney and to not get used to it.

I called Greg sometime that evening and told him we were only taking trips when there was some sort of hard ticket event going on. It was so worth the money.

I recommend everyone to try and get to MNSSHP if they can.

Coming up tomorrow… Our full day at Epcot. A dream… and yummy food at Les Chef de France!

Wow. Sounds like a great day!!! I want to go to MNSSHP so bad next year. I cant wait to check out the video when you get it posted.

WOW!! Even without pictures I can see is all in my mind!! I CAN’T WAIT to go to MNSSHP . . . my fav!! :wub:

If you know how to do a screen capture, you can grab and download the pics off of the website BUT for obvious reasons, they are ONLY good ONLINE!!

I’m on a Mac, so I just hold down control and click on the picture and it asks me “do you want to download to desktop?” I say YES, then I upload to MB! :laugh: Works EVERYTIME!!

Sounds like you had a good time! I’ve never been around Halloween, but you make it sound like so much fun!

Brandon!!! It was so cool to meet you!

Here is a picture so you don’t have a pictureless report!

YAY, now Brandon has a picture. I am so sorry about the Mickey head paint chip. I had them all laminated and written on and everything, I could not find them once the day arrived. I found them once we returned home and unpacked. It was so nice to chat for a little bit. I am glad you and Jen enjoyed the party.

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;886632]Brandon!!! It was so cool to meet you!

Here is a picture so you don’t have a pictureless report![/QUOTE]

Thanks Lisa! It was great to meet you and your family as well.

[QUOTE=bransworld;885964]

…By this point it was almost 1130pm so we decided to try and beat the mad rush. We did a little more shopping on the way out and bought some huge YUMMY mickey mouse shaped rice crispy treats. We took the boat back to the resort and arrived around 1230am. Took showers and went to bed around 2am…[/QUOTE]

I bet you got that big mickey rice crispy here :biggrin:

Saturday September 23rd - Epcot

Today we got up with the annoying Snitch & Mickey wake up call at 715am.

Jen is so noisy in the morning with her blow dryer. I don’t know how her husband puts up with it. :laugh:

Anyhow, we had breakfast delivered to the room via room service. What a rip off. It cost us $40.51 with tip. And all we got was milk and cereal for each of us, a fruit plate and a glass of orange juice for each of us. The fruit plate was a joke, it had 1 piece of pineapple, 2 strawberries, a small bunch of grapes, and 3 pieces of honeydew and cantaloupe. So big lesson learned for us. Don’t order room service at the Lodge for breakfast.

After breakfast we headed to Epcot and made it into the park by 9:20am and headed right for Soarin’. We got there and got a fastpass for later and we rode right away with only about a 10 minute wait.

Jen loved Soarin’! I always do as well. We headed to the Living with the Land boats and walked right onto them. While going through the outside garden areas the ride stopped due to technical difficulties. We were stuck for about 5 minutes or so. When we got to the end of the ride the Dream Team was there and we were awarded Dream Fastpasses! I was so excited. This was my third trip during the Year(s) of a Million Dreams and my first Dream!

After receiving our dreams we proudly put them around our necks and were off to Soarin’ again to use our fastpasses from earlier. We thought about using the fastpass from out Dream fastpasses right after we got off but we decided to come back later to use them.

We then headed to Journey Into Imagination With Figment. I was kind enough to warn Jen to hold her break for the skunk smell.

We then spent a few minutes in the Imigination Pavilion. And we tried to take a picture of us and our dream fastpasses to email out so we could brag but no one ever got the emails.

We then headed to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Then it was time for some lunch. We at at Sunshine Season Food Fair. I had a pork chop, mashed potatoes, carrots, and chocolate cake. Jen had the salmon, mashed potatoes, carrots and carrot cake. It was all very good. I will definitely eat there again.

After lunch we headed to Ellen’s Energy Adventure. I always really enjoy this ride. It is a good 45 minutes in air conditioning.

On to Test Track we go. We decided to go in the Single Rider line. It is so worth going in this line. We were on within 10 minutes. It was at this point that we decided to not use our Dream Fastpasses at all. There was no need to do so. The lines were so reasonable. We actually only used 3 fast passes the entire weekend. (Soarin’ was the first fastpass).

After Test Track we decided to head to World Showcase to look around and do some shopping before dinner.

More to come later…

Loving your trip report! More please!

Thats great you were able to get the dream FP’s. I have been there 3 times so far during year of a million dreams and nothing so perhaps the 4th time will be a charm :laugh:

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;886632]Brandon!!! It was so cool to meet you!

Here is a picture so you don’t have a pictureless report![/QUOTE]

That is so cool! I want to have a meet. If it wasnt for my May trip I would have been in your pic:crying: