My Review of AK's Picnic in the Park

I give this 12 thumbs up!

We went with tier 2 and we got 6 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, macaroni and cheese, a rice crispy treat, a cookie and corn bread and 3 bottles of water. The price of $29.99 is really a decent price. We used the dining plan and it took 3 adult quick service meals.

I can’t wait to try again. We might go back to AK later this week just so we can try tier 2 again with ham instead of chicken and to get another side besides the mac n cheese. The Mashed Potatoes and gravy were AWESOME!!

So because of all of the rain that we got today we just ate in the Harambe Market. It might be better to go to another area to eat, but this location was covered and dry.

The only downside to the Picnic in the Park is the pick up location is at the Bakery in Africa and it is such a small place and the line was pretty long. A good positive about it was that we arrived to the bakery about 30 minutes before our scheduled pick up time and they said no problem and got us our food.

Thanks for the review . . . sounds GREAT!!

Yes, that bakery has a line on a normal day . . . they are going to have to figure something out.

I heard they added vegetarian dishes too . . . did you see those?

The skys are rumbling in SoFlo, hopefully we’ll get your rain . . . we need it, you don’t! :laugh:

So depending on the tier is how many credits it uses?

What time was your pick up? We had a pick up time of 12:45 and there was only one other person.

I am so excited someone reviewed this! (I love reading Tr’s, but sometimes I don’t get to all of them, so thanks for making it a separate thread!)

I can’t wait to do this in October! My mouth watered when you said the mashed potatoes and gravy were awesome! Yummmmm!

Have a blast the rest of your vacation, and if you order the Ham, let us know how it is!

12 thumbs? LOL sounds like a neat idea. I’ll have to consider it. How many people did it feed? Was it three counters per person or in total?

Thanks for the review! :heart: I really want to try this sometime!

What were the seating areas like? I remember reading somewhere that they were going to have special picnic areas… was it just find your own table where you could, or do they have certain areas set aside for picnics?

Thanks for the review. I have a couple of questions:

• Can you call to arrange this or do you just have to order it in person?

•Is there a lot of food per person? There will be five of us and I’m thinking it may be too much food and we could get away with ordering for four instead.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;960781]Thanks for the review . . . sounds GREAT!!

Yes, that bakery has a line on a normal day . . . they are going to have to figure something out.

I heard they added vegetarian dishes too . . . did you see those?

The skys are rumbling in SoFlo, hopefully we’ll get your rain . . . we need it, you don’t! :laugh:

So depending on the tier is how many credits it uses?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t notice the vegetarian dishes.

And the number of credits used is based on the number of people you choose, so if you choose the meal for 3 it is 3 adult credits, if you choose the meal for 4 it is 4 adult credits and etc.

Our pick up was 1PM but we actually went at 12:30 because of the rain.

We got the meal for three and i would say it could have easily fed 4 people. Meals for 3 are three adult credits, meals for 4 are 4 adult credits and so on.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;961323]Thanks for the review! :heart: I really want to try this sometime!

What were the seating areas like? I remember reading somewhere that they were going to have special picnic areas… was it just find your own table where you could, or do they have certain areas set aside for picnics?[/QUOTE]

It is sit where ever you want. When you pick up the meal it has a map inside the bag that gives you locations of seating areas. Because of the rain we just chose the first place we found that was dry.

[QUOTE=ddoll;961329]Thanks for the review. I have a couple of questions:

• Can you call to arrange this or do you just have to order it in person?

•Is there a lot of food per person? There will be five of us and I’m thinking it may be too much food and we could get away with ordering for four instead.[/QUOTE]

You just order it when you get to the park. There wasn’t a line at when ordering.

And there was quite a bit of food. We easily could have fed a 4th person with the meal we had. If you get the chicken i think you get a lot more food. If you get the ham the meal for 3 came with 1 pound of ham, the meal for 4 came with 1.5 pounds of ham. The meal for 3 with chicken came with 6 pieces of chicken (2 breasts, 2 legs, and 2 thighs). I am not sure how much chicken came with the meal for 4, i think it was 8 pieces.

You would just have to buy an extra drink and dessert from somewhere if you wanted to feed 5 on the 4 person meal.

Is the ham in slices per person? It didn’t sound like a finger-food to me, like chicken does.

Thanks for the review Brandon. Do you have any pics? I really want to try this in Sept. I know this is a weird question, but did you get to keep the bag? Also, are there any other drink options? I enjoy water, I was just wondering.

Thanks again.

So glad to know about this. We might try it on our next trip.

When you say you order when you get to the park, do you mean you place your order when you get there, and then go back at a later time to pick it up, or do you mean you walk up, order and get your food right then?

Here’s a thread about it. You should find all the details you need.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/49878-animal-kingdom-picnic-park.html

Water is the only drink option and yes you keep the bag.

I’m curious, it says this is for families, but I don’t see kids’ meals listed. If the 4 people you’re feeding are 2 adults and 2 kids, will they take one meal credit for each person, or 4 adult credits?

I can’t wait to be able to try this option I think its a really nice idea, something a little different!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;961373]Here’s a thread about it. You should find all the details you need.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/49878-animal-kingdom-picnic-park.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. Now that I know a little more about it, I don’t think my kids would go for it. It’s probably a great deal for people who have children who will EAT!:laugh: