My son is interested

My son graduates next year from high school and he has showed interest in the WDW College Program. We have NO CLUE where to start. Any tips or advice at least where to start would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

I see that this post is a little old but I would love to help!
To be eligible for the college program you have to be enrolled in a university/college as a full time student for at least one semester.
If you type in the Disney College Program on google all of the requirements are on there as well, I myself took part in the International College Program so if you have any other questions let me know!

That’s awesome that your Son is interested in this. When I mentioned that opportunity to my Son, his reply was “that’s your dream Mom.” And, yes…in hindsight I would have loved to have done that but didn’t discover Disney yet.

I believe Karen from here did the program. Hoping she will respond with some good insight.

There is a second program called “Career Start.” Essentially the same, but for kids who have graduated high school but haven’t started college yet. My son did that after high school, and is about to return a second time under the college program.

I did the College Program Fall 2010 and then continued on into a Professional Internship for Spring 2011. It was hard work and (like any job) not always magical, but it was truly the time of my life and I’m so glad I did it! I’m sure a lot has changed since I did the CP, so I’m not sure how helpful I could be, but I’d recommend starting with their website: http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/

Hiya everyone! I would love to help answer any questions you may have or are curious about! I have participated in both the Career Start program Al mentioned, and the College Program, Jill and you have mentioned! Unfortunately, Disney World hasn’t offered the Career Start (CS) as an opportunity for post-high school grads who don’t plan on going to college or uni. However, it seems your son is interested in the CP anyways! So it shouldn’t be an issue.

I must admit… the CP is very near and dear to my heart, and anyone who knows me on here will attest to the fact that I can never say enough NICE things about my experiences. I’m also quite knowledgeable about it… in addition I thought I also might mention, the program and the process of applying and interviewing has changed a few different times over the last year, so some of the info you find from the internet or from peoples past experiences (even my own) may be a touch out of date or possibly been changed. But! I have many insights and friends living, learning and earning ( CP’s moniker!) at the Happiest Place on Earth, so I would be MORE then happy to help in any way if you are still looking for advice! Have an awesome Monday!