My Yard Goes Disney

About This Show
HGTV and Disney Parks join forces to surprise lucky homeowners with an eye-popping backyard makeover they never thought possible

A Backyard Train for Two Kids, Two Yards and Two Generations of Disney Lovers

When Grandma lives next door and her backyard is also tragic, it’s time to knock down the fence and build a Magic Kingdom train running from yard to yard. This amazing track runs more than 200 feet, looping around the trees and creating an incredible journey from one ‘My Yard Goes Disney’ destination to another. The hand-powered train connects the backyards. Each yard also features play areas to please the kids. There’s a giant over-sized teacup that’s been transformed into a playhouse and is the perfect spot for tea parties and also a gigantic Sorcerer’s hat that doubles as a play area in the other. And all around there are custom-made metal flowers with family pictures of wonderful Disney memories

Under the sorcerer’s hat is a special play area for a busy toddler. The My Yard Goes Disney team has transformed the Bradburn family’s backyard into a magical space inspired by Disney memories.
A giant purple tea kettle turned on its side becomes a special place for a little girl. Inside there’s plenty of space for relaxing, and outside there’s a table and tea set for enjoying with friends and family.

Premieres Monday, June 6 at 8/7c

Upcoming EpisodesJune 06, 8:00 pm A Backyard Train for Two Kids, Two Yards and Two Generations of Disney LoversHMYGD-101H
Two generations with connecting backyards are transformed with a Disney theme and a running train.

Get episode info
June 06, 3:00 am A Backyard Train for Two Kids, Two Yards and Two Generations of Disney LoversHMYGD-101H
Two generations with connecting backyards are transformed with a Disney theme and a running train.

Get episode info
June 07, 5:30 pm A Backyard Train for Two Kids, Two Yards and Two Generations of Disney LoversHMYGD-101H

Get episode info
June 12, 7:00 pm A Backyard Train for Two Kids, Two Yards and Two Generations of Disney LoversHMYGD-101H

Get episode info
June 13, 8:00 pm Backyard Safari Adventure for a Family of Six Disney-loving KidsHMYGD-102H
Six energetic kids can take a safari trip in their backyard after a dramatic transformation.

Get episode info
June 13, 3:00 am Backyard Safari Adventure for a Family of Six Disney-loving KidsHMYGD-102H
Six energetic kids can take a safari trip in their backyard after a dramatic transformation.

Get episode info
June 14, 5:30 pm Backyard Safari Adventure for a Family of Six Disney-loving KidsHMYGD-102H

Get episode info
June 19, 7:00 pm Backyard Safari Adventure for a Family of Six Disney-loving KidsHMYGD-102H

Get episode info
June 20, 8:00 pm A Mickey-shaped Pool for a Disney-loving FamilyHMYGD-103H
A family adventure on a Disney cruise turns into a backyard adventure.

Get episode info
June 20, 3:00 am A Mickey-shaped Pool for a Disney

This would be a dream come true! =)

How wonderful would that be? I love the photos too

I want that tea pot one!!

OMGOODNESS I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS thanks!
Thanks for sharing!

It’s very sweet and cute - but I honestly don’t think I’d want it in my yard…:laugh:

i want how do these people get picked?

I love HGTV and Disney so this turns on my Happy Button. I have no real backyard to speak of so I would never get pick, but I like the idea of someone having the magic in their yard. Thanks for posting.

Man I am jealous the girls would just flip out…Hey Disney I have 5 acres you could whatever on for it!!!

Lookin’ forward to watching this show even though it’s not something I’d likely do in my own yard. Okay, maybe I would if I didn’t have to pay for it. :laugh: :happy:

lol thought the same exact thing:blush::laugh:

Hope this gets shown in the UK or online somewhere! I’d love to watch this, I’m sure it would give my mum some ideas lol

I caught my first episode tonight–how fun.

I watched one yesterday! (Mickey pool, stage and sandcastle for DD, lighthouse slide for DS) It was cute stuff… but honestly, I think the kids will outgrow it, then how the heck do you get rid of it???

And I feel kind of bad for the neighbors… that stuff is TALL!!!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1081300]I watched one yesterday! (Mickey pool, stage and sandcastle for DD, lighthouse slide for DS) It was cute stuff… but honestly, I think the kids will outgrow it, then how the heck do you get rid of it???

And I feel kind of bad for the neighbors… that stuff is TALL!!![/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I told my DH about the backyard they did tonight. It was great but the kids are going to outgrow it and then what?

I saw the episode with the train and the Sorcerer Mickey hat, and it looked HUGE to me. I agree, its very cute, but I don’t know how the neighbors would feel. They already think I am crazy. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1081300]I watched one yesterday! (Mickey pool, stage and sandcastle for DD, lighthouse slide for DS) It was cute stuff… but honestly, I think the kids will outgrow it, then how the heck do you get rid of it???

And I feel kind of bad for the neighbors… that stuff is TALL!!![/QUOTE]

lol i thought the same thing.:blush:

I thought the series was going to be about people who went, shall we say, a little overboard on their backyard projects.

It is a 30 minute ad for Disney, DCL, etc. Nothing wrong with that, but not what I expected.

The best one was last night - Pirate themed. Great wadiing pond and patio what will be useful long after they’ve grown tired of all of the neighborhood kids. :laugh:

So jealous about these backyards. Watched a couple episodes online as we don’t get this show on HGTV Canada :angry: … really wish we did. Does anyone know if this is a one season thing? Or will there be more episodes/seasons?

I’d say it depends on how successful it is. But there is an HGTV area at Epcot, so I think the HGTV/Disney connection is relatively new and here to stay for at least a little while.